Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 12:48 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,050,923 times

Advertisements

If Trump wins again, will the left, the media, and the universities blame the electorate again, or will they take the time to truly examine their own ideas, ideals, and policies? Will ordinary people be labeled as "deplorable" again?

I don't think a lot of independents want healthcare for illegal immigrants when many Americans already either don't have healthcare and where it's far too expensive for everyone.

When does it end? Obviously the left wants to allow non-citizens to be able to vote too, but that completely wipes out the right of citizens to vote. I'm not allowed to go to Brazil or Albania or India and vote in their elections....but the far left believes that anyone should be allowed to set foot on our soil for a day and cast a ballot? Crazy.

Student loans? Sorry, I paid mine (with two trips to Iraq). Everyone else can pay theirs too. Presumably everyone who gets a college degree benefits tremendously from it, so why should people who never even went to college (and who thus, traditionally, earn less money) be forced to pay taxes to benefit people who did? In another vein, why should a rough-n-tough welder who decided to go to work for a living be forced to pay some crybaby artist who got a degree in painting and now works in retail folding clothes or busing tables? I'm throwing out examples, but hopefully somebody gets the point.

And then what other issues are on people's minds? Do we ban guns? Do we get even softer on crime? Are we going to let gangs keep dominating the streets of our major cities?

Do we keep sending kids off to die in the middle east for the benefit of Israel, oil companies, and defense contractors....because it's not just the GOP who acquiesces to that and the DNC is all for supporting those entities while giving lip-service to the electorate about being more anti-war. What other issues are on people's minds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 12:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
the demonrats wont examine their stance on anything. they will arrogantly go along thinking they should have won the election because it is their right to rule the world, and they cant stand anyone else doing it without their permission.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:54 PM

8,494 posts, read 6,900,248 times
Blaming the Russians sounds about right. They’re an integral part of the Trump campaign apparatus.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:54 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
If Trump wins again, will the left, the media, and the universities blame the electorate again, or will they take the time to truly examine their own ideas, ideals, and policies? Will ordinary people be labeled as "deplorable" again?

I don't think a lot of independents want healthcare for illegal immigrants when many Americans already either don't have healthcare and where it's far too expensive for everyone.

When does it end? Obviously the left wants to allow non-citizens to be able to vote too, but that completely wipes out the right of citizens to vote. I'm not allowed to go to Brazil or Albania or India and vote in their elections....but the far left believes that anyone should be allowed to set foot on our soil for a day and cast a ballot? Crazy.

Student loans? Sorry, I paid mine (with two trips to Iraq). Everyone else can pay theirs too. Presumably everyone who gets a college degree benefits tremendously from it, so why should people who never even went to college (and who thus, traditionally, earn less money) be forced to pay taxes to benefit people who did? In another vein, why should a rough-n-tough welder who decided to go to work for a living be forced to pay some crybaby artist who got a degree in painting and now works in retail folding clothes or busing tables? I'm throwing out examples, but hopefully somebody gets the point.

And then what other issues are on people's minds? Do we ban guns? Do we get even softer on crime? Are we going to let gangs keep dominating the streets of our major cities?

Do we keep sending kids off to die in the middle east for the benefit of Israel, oil companies, and defense contractors....because it's not just the GOP who acquiesces to that and the DNC is all for supporting those entities while giving lip-service to the electorate about being more anti-war. What other issues are on people's minds?
One would think that when Trump wins, the left and the media would sit back and examine their views and their way of thinking, but that will never happen in a million years. Instead, they will double down on Russia and continue behaving like spoiled brats, not taking responsibility for their own loses.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:55 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
They will react like children. They will say it’s unfair and demand the rules be changed so they won instead of lost.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:59 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,164,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They will react like children. They will say it’s unfair and demand the rules be changed so they won instead of lost.

Almost ashamed to say this but I'm really looking forward to seeing the look on Maddow's face when it happens.. And it will happen. The Democratic platform is an absolute train wreck. They've simply lost track of what's important to your average American.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:04 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
Trump isn't going to win again. He is scaring the crap out of the moderates who voted for him. His base, as always, are still rabid about him though.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:08 PM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Trump isn't going to win again. He is scaring the crap out of the moderates who voted for him. His base, as always, are still rabid about him though.
We just had 20 Democrat candidates promise to not impede illegal immigrants and to provide them with free healthcare.

What is scarier than that besides maybe reparations and student loan forgiveness???

You guys will never see it coming lol.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:09 PM

1,768 posts, read 717,010 times
Quote:
Please cite what policies are scaring moderates, I call bs.

Working americans taxes going to fund free healthcare for illegals is scaring moderates.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:10 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,164,931 times
Quote:

He'll win due to lack of competition....Democrats are their own worst enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies