Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 04:38 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I haven't heard these phrases, but if the media is using them, might it be to mitigate the pain when it is exposed the Epstein was a huge democrat donor and most of his people were Dems? Could the media be realizing this now?
It isn't the "liberal media" throwing these phrases around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 05:18 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I haven't heard these phrases, but if the media is using them, might it be to mitigate the pain when it is exposed the Epstein was a huge democrat donor and most of his people were Dems? Could the media be realizing this now?

Just a thought. In any event, Acosta resigned, so we will probably hear no more of this story after today. Lefties don't really care about child rape. In European counties, grooming gangs are practically multicultural training. In a spiritually related story, don't forget your support of Tommy Robinson.
Shame! Sexual predation is not a partisan issue!

We are talking about horrific crimes against vulnerable women and children. They should not be weaponized for political scorekeeping!

Old 07-13-2019, 05:59 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Underage women. I guess I thought that was a child.
Googling the term, I see that it has become common recently with huge numbers of people like yourself who use it to complain about it. It is also used to describe people who are legally old enough to consent to sex but not old enough to drink alcohol. People too young to consent to sex are almost always called underage girls or children, not underage women.

Quote:
Non-consensual sex. Um. That's rape.
Um. Looks like this term is applied very broadly, to far more categories of sexual relations than "rape" normally is. This group includes sex with hookers as nonconsensual, and seems to be calling any relationship with a partner more than 5 years older "cross-generational" and therefore nonconsensual.
Quote:
Non-consensual sex takes many forms, including forced sex, transactional sex, cross-generational sex, unwanted touch, and molestation...
Cross-generational or age-disparate relationships occur when a girl or young woman, who is usually under the age of 20, engages in a sexual relationship with a man who is at least five years older.
https://www.youthpower.org/youthpowe...consensual-sex

Quote:
Child prostitute. That is a rape victim.
Yes? But not all rape victims are child prostitutes. You object to the term because it is specific?

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; 07-13-2019 at 06:12 AM..

Old 07-13-2019, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Shame! Sexual predation is not a partisan issue!

We are talking about horrific crimes against vulnerable women and children. They should not be weaponized for political scorekeeping!
That language was used a LOT in the Kavanaugh debacle. And is seen a lot now in the Epstein crap. It is intended to reduce the sense of wrong-doing. It is the age old boys will be boys (and men will be boys?) crap.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:09 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,225,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
What makes it especially ridiculous is all the yapping about, "political correctness" from so many people.

Epstein raped children who were trafficked. Repeatedly. And people let him get away with it. Repeatedly.
I have on doubt the guy was a pedophile but there was one story about a 15 yr old being in his hotel room. What is a 15 yr old doing alone with him in his hotel room? Riddle me that.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Googling the term, I see that it has become common recently with huge numbers of people like yourself who use it to complain about it. It is also used to describe people who are legally old enough to consent to sex but not old enough to drink alcohol. People too young to consent to sex are almost always called underage girls or children, not underage women.
YOu did not look very hard.

"Since Jeffrey Epstein’s arrest on sex trafficking charges on Saturday, TV news anchors and radio hosts have repeatedly trotted out a telling oxymoron: “underage women.â€"

Quote:

Um. Looks like this term is applied very broadly, to far more categories of sexual relations than "rape" normally is. This group includes sex with hookers as nonconsensual, and seems to be calling any relationship with a partner more than 5 years older "cross-tergenerational" and therefore nonconsensual.

https://www.youthpower.org/youthpowe...consensual-sex
Hmmm lemme see:

"Non-consensual sex takes many forms, including forced sex, transactional sex, cross-generational sex, unwanted touch, and molestation. "

Forced sex. Um. That's rape.
Transactional sex: is well, either consensual prostitution or rape and trafficking.
cross-gnerational sex: What Even the Bad Word that will get me banned? Did you read the rest of the description of what this means? It is exactly what I am describing. A sweetness and light word for BAD.

Quote:

Yes? But not all rape victims are child prostitutes. You object to the term because it is specific?
So? All "child prostitutes" are rape victims. Did they teach you logic in school?

Old 07-13-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Hmmm lemme see:

"Non-consensual sex takes many forms, including forced sex, transactional sex, cross-generational sex, unwanted touch, and molestation. "

Forced sex. Um. That's rape.
Transactional sex: is well, either consensual prostitution or rape and trafficking.
cross-gnerational sex: What Even the Bad Word that will get me banned? Did you read the rest of the description of what this means? It is exactly what I am describing. A sweetness and light word for BAD.
And... while all rape is bad, not all BAD things are rape. Right?? Does this really need further elaboration?

Quote:
So? All "child prostitutes" are rape victims.
Yep. Obviously, child prostitutes under the age of consent are victims of, at the least, statutory rape. So... what exactly is your objection to the term "child prostitute"?

Old 07-13-2019, 11:09 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
And... while all rape is bad, not all BAD things are rape. Right?? Does this really need further elaboration?

Yep. Obviously, child prostitutes under the age of consent are victims of, at the least, statutory rape. So... what exactly is your objection to the term "child prostitute"?
My two cents?

"Child prostitute" is a euphemism for child victim of sexual exploitation.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
My two cents?

"Child prostitute" is a euphemism for child victim of sexual exploitation.
It's the original term, not a substitute. And unless you think it sounds OK for children to be prostitutes it is not a mild way of describing the situation. So no, the term meets none of the criteria to be called a "euphemism". Your preferred term is closer to being an actual euphemism.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:27 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
It's the original term, not a substitute. And unless you think it sounds OK for children to be prostitutes it is not a mild way of describing the situation. So no, the term meets none of the criteria . . .
Fair enough. Euphemism is not the right word.

My problem with the term "child prostitute" is that it frames the situation in a way that makes it sound like the child is simply consenting to sex for money, not that she's being exploited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies