Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Crush the subversives using the full force of the US government against them
yes 57 77.03%
no 17 22.97%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 08:00 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Not sure I understand your question.

Some illegal aliens come here to earn under the table cash, drive cars without insurance, don't pay taxes, don't assimilate, don't have a problem signing up for Medicaid and welfare and food stamps, receive it and send their money back "home" and make their Democrat constituency very happy.

So what was your question?
The implication was that these were illegal aliens taking down the American flag and replacing it with the Mexican flag. I asked why would they think that as there are just as many ethnocentric Americans of Mexican descent that have done that in support of their illegal amigos. Look at all the so-called immigrant advocacy groups and even Hispanic congressmen who support illegal aliens. It's a tribal mentality. It could have been a combination of both illegal aliens and Americans of Mexican descent taking down our flag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 08:02 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
One more reason we are moving out of Colorado (and, particularly, the Denver area) -- that so many of these protesters think that they can get away with this -- and the sad thing is that those responsible for the flag removal will not even be fined.

(Btw, this might be hypocritical to some degree, but I don't have a problem with flag burning as protest, but this went too far, imo.)

I have now read or skimmed all the posts on this thread, and unless I missed it, there have been only two posters on eight pages of posts who have even somewhat defended the actions of those responsible. Also note that there was MUCH cheering going on in support of those responsible, so it was not just a matter of a couple of idiots.

I just hope someone in power (like ALL the current political candidates) is following this story and reading the comments, and taking note that most Americans are outraged at this kind of protest and what it represents. If the extreme liberals want to alienate a LOT of U.S. citizens, they are certainly going about it the right way!

Last edited by katharsis; 07-14-2019 at 08:46 AM..

Old 07-14-2019, 08:07 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
flag burning is one thing.

taking down an American flag and replaces it with a foreign flag is another thing. we do that in warfare or an armed invasion

Old 07-14-2019, 08:10 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
"Protesters" have done things like this quite a few times before. This particular act seems to be the straw with the proverbial camel for a lot of people. It sure has been for me. I'm more than fed up to the gills. These sanctuary city leaders are spewing their bilge as are those who support these sanctuary policies making my POd meter peg and seeing these illegals and their supporters disgracing our flag and running up the Mexican colors like this just angers me beyond proper words.

I'm fighting mad to be certain and I believe that we citizens who are loyal to our country and our flag need to turn out in serious numbers to stop acts like this and put these parasites in their place. I can see judicious violence coming. I fully expected that these illegals and their supporters here would be starting riots and other violent and provocative acts over these ICE operations. It doesn't take a PhD in human behavior to have predicted that.

When I went out yesterday I was carrying my gun. I'm not going to get jumped by a pack of "protesters" with no means to defend myself. And unfortunately we have a lot of illegals here. Despite that fact I don't think we will see to many problems but I'm not taking any chances. It pays to expect the unexpected.

As to this particular incident being an act of war I suppose it can be seen that way, but that has to be in proper context. War is a very serious term for me. It involves massive bloodshed and judicious mayhem. This act is certainly provocative and a challenge to our national sovereignty by citizens of another country and treasonous minded supporters but it falls short of actual war. But a good old fashioned donnybrook was certainly called for. These illegals and their hand wringing and pandering supporters surely need a good beat down to impress on them that this is still the USA. Not Mexico. And it doesn't require military action to accomplish that. It could possibly be described as a militia action.
Very well said, I agree with every word.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:13 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Yeah, this is one of the reasons I chose not to have kids.

Yeah, the numb-nuts who changed flags are poster children for abortion.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:31 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I wonder how many moderates will now vote for Republicans in the 2020 election because of this?

I think Trump and other conservative politicians must be clapping their hands in glee over this.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:35 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I wonder how many moderates will now vote for Republicans in the 2020 election because of this?

I think Trump and other conservative politicians must be clapping their hands in glee over this.
This is exactly the point. Keep this going, and see how many moderate voters can they possibly attract or convince.

My future in laws are one of those moderate voters for sure. They did not vote for Trump, nor did they vote for Hillary. For the first time in their life, they stayed at home on election day.

My future father in law is a veteran who dislikes Trump, although he understands why many voted for Trump. He said he'd vote for anybody who would enforce the current immigration law next time. Even if he had to vote for Trump, then so be it. Nobody should be allowed to illegally come in somebody else's country, pull down their national flag and replace that national flag with foreign flag. No other nations could tolerate it either. It is just NOT the same as burning American flag.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You didn't read my post...I said of course in a foreign country you wouldn't do that.

We are in the USA.
We are better.
When someone does something stupid -- it is stupid -- but it isn't a declaration of war.

Overly dramatic.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It wasn't an embassy, it was an ICE detention center.

It was a govt. building....not an embassy -- not the same thing.

It was not a declaration of war.

It was a symbolic protest against this govt.'s immigration policies.

Was it illegal -- perhaps, was it stupid -- probably.

But it was not a declaration of war.

As for the embassy in another country -- well that's a completely different discussion and I agree with you that would be dangerous but that's not what happened here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Once Upon A Time... Long ago. If people stormed your shores and busted your borders, to kill the men and rape the women, all to raise their flag while stealing your wealth and property, it meant you were being invaded.
Welcome to 2019 Clownville.

Welcome to Clownville

Old 07-14-2019, 08:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
You folks are arguing with someone who wasn't born here, may not be a citizen, and is part of the loony left. You're banging your head against the wall.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:17 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Oh, JFC.

How many times have people planted their flag as a symbol of conquering? Other countries. A mountain. The moon.

Those numb nuts wanted a visual of Mexico overthrowing America. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.
Nancy Pelosi (most powerful Democrat in Congress & 3rd in Line for President) and Hillary Clinton (failed Democrat in the 2016 Election) both issued a call to arms for the Anarchists and illegal invaders to obstruct ICE, Court Orders And our Sovereignty just 2 days ago.

These people who attempted to blow up a Federal Building and take over another Federal Building with a Foreign Flag .... were following the orders of the Leadership of the Democrat Party.

The “war” is against Law & Order ... so far. It will escalate unless these same Democrat Leaders gain control over the Mobs they are inciting. Normal People are watching what they do and they will be held accountable at the Voting booth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies