Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 01:25 PM

1,991 posts, read 904,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Which Democrats switched to Republican during that era?
All those people who used to vote Democrat in the South are now a solid red block of Republicans. Have been for years.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:26 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,894,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
All those people who used to vote Democrat in the South are now a solid red block of Republicans. Have been for years.
This is a truth the right vehemently denies. They're embarrassed of their own history. Who can blame them?

Old 07-15-2019, 01:30 PM

11,233 posts, read 8,332,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcity80 View Post
You voted for super racist Obama. Go **** yourself
Obama did more for race relations than just about any president in modern times. A lot of his detractors think of him as a racist because he dared to state the elephant in the room. I will grant you that his being elected POTUS disproportionately emboldened a lot of black Americans to expect unreasonable things, but that's on them, not on him, and it was a loud minority of minorities, not the majority of them.

Likewise, he also emboldened a lot of racists to proclaim that racism doesn't exist at all if a black man can be elected POTUS. Hopefully I don't have to explain the ignorance of that statement, but the division that came from all sides as a result of Obama being POTUS were not a result of him being a racists, it was a result of the racists being racists.

Anyway, I'm sure you think that is all crap, and I'm not going to convince you otherwise, so continue to be a vile person, to violate TOC by telling me to F myself, and otherwise I hope you have a great day.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:31 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,410,427 times
I don't think the right side of history has necessarily been a Conservative trait, either.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:51 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,487,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
This is a truth the right vehemently denies. They're embarrassed of their own history. Who can blame them?
My family was very active in Mississippi politics in the 1930's though the 1960's, probably much earlier (I don't have direct knowledge earlier than that). My grandmother's brother was prominent in the state administration (specifically the Highway Patrol), appointed by the governor. I think the appointing governor was Ross Barnett, but it could have been an earlier one from which Barnett then held him over.

They were all Democrats at the time, and proud of it. I remember family stories about politics in Mississippi that amaze me to this day.

The family all moved over to the Republican party in the 1970's and 1980's, I can still remember my grandmother discussing the change with me as I sat with her on the porch, her whole extended family was changing and she was considering it too. She wanted to know what I thought of that.

Many of us have direct personal knowledge that the white community in the south was going over to the Republicans directly over the Civil Rights issue and bussing, and despite these modern youthful-but-misinformed rightie-tighties trying to re-write history with their make believe scenarios posted on YouTube or elsewhere we know better from personal experience and/or observation.

The white community in the south went from Democratic to Republican over the Civil Rights issue.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:53 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,077,121 times
Quote:
You name it. They have done it.
The party of Slavery. The Party of the KKK. The Party of Jim Crow. The Party of Segregation. The Party of internment camps. The Party of Abortion. The Party of the Democrat killing fields.
The Party of Crimes against humanity and individual freedoms.
Really the Democrat Party is the part of Opportunity.....for every two bit crook trying to profit off the taxpayers dime!!

Been that way since the 1830's.......

You have to admire a political party that defended slavery so much that they were willing to go and fight the most devasting war in human history up to that point.

They kept at it....bring segregation to the Federal government at the turn of the 20th century........kept at it.....and if it wasn't for Lyndon Johnson they would still be the same racist party that had been historically.

These days Jay Inslee takes away workers pensions at Boeing and gives them 10 BILLION dollars, while talking about climate change!!! REALLY???

and not to mention all the money made of solar in the Obama Administration. Even Warren Buffet invested in solar so he could rip off the Federal government. At least, he admitted to it.

Democrats....opportunities unlimited.

Just check your values and morals at the door.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:44 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,712,004 times
Some very ignorant - and ONLY the ignorant - can be convinced that the parties didn't completely switch at various times......

Like Ted Roosevelt - a Republican POTUS who was a progressive and therefore the party threw him out and he had to start his own party (Bull Moose).

For those who don't like to read or study, the easiest way to think of it is that people generally have always remained the same. That is, measure it by the Mason-Dixon line and one will be much more accurate.

Lincoln and the progressive movement of his time were Northern Urban Liberals. Below the MD line they were ag-based rural and slaveholders.

Quite simple. Party labels have zero to do with it. Liberal.Tolerant.Human-Rights.Progressive and/or Conservative.Backwards.Myopic.Nationalist.Know-nothings are really the two parties.

Believe it or not....more Americans have NO Political Party. So then who are these people? Simple. Measure them by the same ideals as above.

If that were not the case, we are supposed to believe that in some way - somehow - the entire Population of the North moved South and the South moved north! Occam's Razor comes into view....

Old 07-15-2019, 06:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,736,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
More wisdom from BB.
Tore an American flag to the ground, raised Mexican flags, bombed an ICE center, praised the Antifa bomber, and an elected official who refused to condemn Al Qaeda...... And that’s all Democrat's in one week.

What is in store for this weeks entertainment?

Old 07-15-2019, 06:38 PM

2,923 posts, read 981,602 times
Quote:
Tore an American flag to the ground, raised Mexican flags, bombed an ICE center, praised the Antifa bomber, and an elected official who refused to condemn Al Qaeda...... And that’s all Democrat's in one week.

What is in store for this weeks entertainment?
probably shoot up another sporting event

Old 07-15-2019, 06:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,736,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
probably shoot up another sporting event
There’s no way you can get the Dems to endorse Antifa, Al Qaeda, and Venezuela all in the same week

Trump: Hold my covfefe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies