Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can black people be racist?
Yes. Why not? 118 94.40%
No. Only whites can be racist. Explain. 6 4.80%
Other, please explain. 1 0.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 04:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,201,797 times

Advertisements

And remember, if you appear more educated, erudite, well mannered, you will be accused of acting superior, thus oppressing all those who act inferior to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 05:02 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
A person who thinks that only White people can be racist is a very ignorant person.

Old 07-17-2019, 05:33 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Default Fact Check: Black Employment is not at an All-Time High (Bloomberg)

Someone posted that Black unemployment is the lowest in history now.

The statistic I found is related to employment versus unemployment, but it's interesting, nevertheless, and you can see that the upward trend in black employment began well before Trump became President.

Here's a chart Bloomberg posted about Black Employment (their source is the Bureau of Labor Statistics):

https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/...4/v1/-1x-1.png

Old 07-17-2019, 05:37 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Also, mathematics, bikes, bike paths, cauliflower, and The Lion King have all been declared as racists over the past few months as well.
You forgot syrup bottles, marshmallows, white trash bags, printer paper, toothpaste, grocery bags, envelopes, false teeth, white cars, clouds, the moon, and the list goes on and on....

Old 07-17-2019, 08:22 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
This is a joke, right? Of course they can be racist. And when they are, they think it's ok.
Did you talked to nearly 40 million of them to come to that conclusion.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:40 PM

1,074 posts, read 949,501 times
No, black people can't be racist.

Black people can be prejudiced, which they are one of the biggest prejudiced people in America.

Racism is about white structural power, etc.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Black unemployment rate is the lowest in history in case you didn't know.
the overall black unemployment rate has nothing to do with racism.

Quote:
So it is ok for a company to say they can't hire a white male? My friend's husband just spent a year looking for a job and they told him flat out. We can't hire a white male on more than one occasion. I am sure you will accuse me of lying but it's 100% true.
I dont think you are lying. I think you dont have all the information, my guess is that it is a federal or state contractor in a heavy minority area with 80% white employees or something around that, and their numbers dont reflect the populous and its skill set, so to fulfill the requirements of their contract, they must hire people of color.

I genuinely believe you should hire the best person for a job, but sometimes the best people never get a chance because of the buddy system inside these companies or the racial biases. Thats why federal and state contracts have those clauses.

You cant fix years of racial problems and a flawed system by pretending they didnt happen or ignoring that the same people who supported the system are still in place.

This is no different than Conservatives who hate the idea of affirmative action, but wont get rid of legacy college admissions.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:52 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
So I have a question. I used to be friends with a black man at job I once had. He was 20 years older than me and we would go to lunch sometimes with a group of coworkers. He had two kids that were around early 20's. He used to tell me that he told them no matter what you do, you may not make it because you are black. They were all educated as was he. My feeling was, he was teaching them to hate white people. He disagreed. We argued over it. But we were still friends. We could have those discussions back then and still be friends. But do you think he did a good thing or a bad thing by telling his kids that?
He was just being real with them...it's the same thing as when black parents tell their kids they have to be extra careful with the police because time and time again we see police shooting unarmed black people, but not whites.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:05 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
There is literally an English teacher at my school that teaches only white people can be racist. She says that it is because white people are in power so blacks can bebprejudicial but not racist.

Without making it about the English teacher I pull out the dictionary and show the kids that it is emotions not sound logic.

P.S. this same teacher tells kids that it is transphobic and bigoted to not date transgendered people. The kids mock her for that behind her back, but many buy into the only whites can be racist BS.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:13 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELzVOWLszSo

To be honest..I have met way more white pricks in my day...yet way more black racists. I know...it aint PC to say that. I would go as far as saying that most African Americans are racist to varying degrees. This is my experience over my lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies