Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 09:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I think a result of the squad's unhinged approach will result in 1 or 2 of the squad not being re-elected to represent their districts.

They will have to tone down their somewhat outrageous, anti-American rhetoric.

The far left positions they represent are not the positions most Americans believe in.
Seems to me the far left and right do not represent most people although both broad ideologies certainly garner the most media attention.

Ron Paul ( Dr No) spent 22 years in Congress being a thorn in the side of Republicans. They tried to primary him out but it did not work.

Like or dislike him, he was consistent. Some of his positions were solid and some, not so much.

He did not accomplish much despite his time in the House of Representatives beyond making it clear there was a third choice. Not a single bill he wrote gained traction.

Seems to me most if not all are using a page out of the Trump playbook. Say outrageous things and get unlimited media attention.

I think it quite possible their constituents will re-elect them, despite a lack of accomplishment. What matters is who gets their butt off the couch and votes.

They represent less than 1% of the House of Representatives.

The Republican Freedom Caucus with 31+/- members drove Boehner to resign as Speaker of the House. Somehow, the Republican majority agreed that Paul Ryan would be better. That did not work out as well as expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 01:20 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
I agree, half of them will probably be replaced. Then we can get on to more important things. Like how about actual policies in the country rather than making all kind of partisan/racial/ethnic statements to divide us all. We are still the strongest country so let's keep it that way.
I have no idea how Omar could be elected. Surely they could find a more articulate, reasonable Democrat? I always knew MN was center-left, but Omar is very far left.

Old 07-22-2019, 01:31 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Now that the dems fully endorsed and supported AOC and Omar, they are in a position in which they will be forced to support all the lunacy they espouse, or look completely contradictory.

Given that they now have free reign to say what they want, how crazy will they get?

I have never witnesses a political party in such a state of self destruction.

You realize also that any dem POTUS candidate will have to pass the litmus test of "the Squad's" approval. Suddenly these crazy idiots have been given tremendous power from a mistake by Pelosi. Perhaps every dem presidential candidate in the future will have to be a minority or a Muslim terrorist.
Interesting. None of these congresswomen are particularly left wing on the world stage. They are just asking for basic policy changes that the rest of the developed world figured out decades ago. Rest of post is inane hyperbole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies