Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2020, 11:31 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,242,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
If it isn't natural for you, then practice polygamy - no one is stopping you.
More than one woman is detrimental to your health. There used to be a show on Tv about a Mormon family with 4 wives to 1 husband. There were times that guy had the full-on crazy eyes. One example.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:31 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Monogamy is not natural.

If human beings accepted that, fewer people would be so pissed off and upset when their spouse "cheats" on them.
Civilization is not NATURAL either. We participate in it to rise above the mere animalistic status, i.e. natural base existance.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:33 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Cheaters looking for an excuse to cheat?

Old 02-28-2020, 11:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Civilization is not NATURAL either. We participate in it to rise above the mere animalistic status, i.e. natural base existance.
Not sure I agree there, humans are social animals. We are predisposed to live in tribes/groups/collectives. It's why forced isolation has such a large impact on people.

https://www.sciencealert.com/isolati...s-what-happens

Old 02-28-2020, 11:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Almost nothing we do is natural other than basic bodily functions.

Noting it....I would think...is not exactly rocket science.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:47 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Not sure I agree there, humans are social animals. We are predisposed to live in tribes/groups/collectives. It's why forced isolation has such a large impact on people.

https://www.sciencealert.com/isolati...s-what-happens
Exactly. And at what time in human history have we been a solitary species?
To be cast out often meant certain death.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:51 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
More than one woman is detrimental to your health. There used to be a show on Tv about a Mormon family with 4 wives to 1 husband. There were times that guy had the full-on crazy eyes. One example.
He's still around and Utah is about to pass a law making polygamy great again!

No kidding.

The ONLY reason Utah did away with it was $$. That is, the idea that the US Government was going to "give" them the state and what would be trillions of dollars of eventual value (mining, etc. etc.) was why they went underground and to Mexico (Romney), etc.

To this day, as we saw by the horrible murders there, many Mormons still go there to practice their craft.

Basically it works this way. Power is law. What would happen if, for example, the child and other abuses perp. by the Catholic Church and others would have been done by another group....to the same degree...that didn't have power? They would be locked up and run out of town and the religion would be made illegal...or at least not recognized.

In many (most?) places in this country, a guy using his power (whether money, fame, or cunning) to get multiple women (wives, copulating partners) would be viewed as criminal or at least #meetoo....even if the women claimed they were "free will'. Just look at the Weinstein trial, etc. etc.

But what percentage of Mormons who have had multiple wives - often underage (for other areas) have bene locked up? I only know of one.....

The idea that anything except power and money rules the roost is a false one.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:55 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
A few married people are swingers as a couple. My neighbor was one until his wife died. They were also nudists. I saw the other swingers who attended his parties. I've never seen so many unattractive people in one place.

Old 02-28-2020, 12:22 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
I'm not even going to get into all of the nonsense here. The stupid thing that I see over and over in this conversation and so many others, is that people seem to believe that if they hold a mainstream belief, then literally every single other person also must, and if they don't, then they're a threat that has to be scolded.

Seriously, do you think that poly people give a hot damn if most people are monogamous? Do you think they'll ever actually be the majority? Do you think they're on a campaign to convert you?

Like is it that a religious person will go door to door desperately trying to push everyone to conform, conform, conform, and be just like them...is that why ya'll think that fringe lifestylers and such would wish to do the same? Do you really think that every individual wants ALL OF HUMANITY to be just like them?

Because if you understand that they're just over there doing what they do, and they don't care what most people (you) are doing, then why the hell is it some kind of a threat? No one is making you participate. No one cares what you think about their relationship. Nor do they feel any need to hide in shame, no more than a monogamous straight couple hides the fact of their relationship from the world either. Sheesh.

The other thing that cracks me up is that persons who would claim to not be sex-obsessed (normal) would say that poly must be all about sex, because that's the only point of relationships at all. Poly people would very strongly disagree with you. So who is sex obsessed? The one who believes that the only reason for men and women to interact is to try to mate, or the one who values a number of relationships for their own merits, which may not be sexual at all? (If you don't think that poly people do that, go read about "relationship anarchy." Some most certainly do.)

Hey, if your entire worldview is centered around your genitals, good for you I guess. There is more to life and companionship for a lot of us. I may not be poly, and I'm sexually monogamous right now and for the foreseeable future, but the way people talk and judge things just makes me shake my head. I feel like some of ya live in a very small, grumpy little world of your own making, that rejects even the knowledge of people not like yourself.

Old 02-28-2020, 12:28 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
There are species of birds which mate with one male and nest with another male.

And others that mate for life. Or should we believe they're simply being 'unnatural'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies