Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 07:59 AM

34,286 posts, read 18,667,803 times

Advertisements

Yet they still show the poor Polar bears swimming in dwindling ice. The Polar bear population is rising, so they must like the weather, and all the ICE. lol! Liberal heads explode!

Wait, but it's Man Made climate change now, so the cooling and ice can be blamed on Man! Oh boy, more TAXES for government to waste!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 09:04 AM

425 posts, read 393,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
2/100th of a degree.....

"This value bested the previous record set in 2016 by 0.02°C (0.04°F)"
Hottest is still hottest (in recorded history), and it is 1.71F over average. The trend is toward warming on average. I'm not saying what the cause is as it is likely too complex. But issues related to warming should planned out and at least contingencies developed.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:56 AM

33,585 posts, read 37,221,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Remember though- global warming makes the earth colder, warmer, or the same temp; it is a multi-use phenomenon. Essentially the "Swiss Army Knife" of solutions, global warming accounts for every natural phenomenon. Just ask any liberal- it causes anything and everything.

Generations from now, people will read the history of this time period and wonder how such a large group of people could be so ignorant to fall for such an obvious hoax.
LOL....And you call yourself a scientist..

Old 07-22-2019, 11:01 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,573,080 times
Denialist website. A graph on the front page is by Dr. Roy Spencer. This is what he told Rush Limbaugh on his program:

Quote:
Spencer is a signatory to "An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming",which states that "We believe Earth and its ecosystems—created by God's intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence—are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth's climate system is no exception. Recent global warming is one of many natural cycles of warming and cooling in geologic history."

Old 07-22-2019, 11:07 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,125,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Denialist website. A graph on the front page is by Dr. Roy Spencer. This is what he told Rush Limbaugh on his program:
Apparently God didn't much care for the dinosaurs. He killed every last one of them.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:09 AM

19,744 posts, read 10,182,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energystream View Post
Hottest is still hottest (in recorded history), and it is 1.71F over average. The trend is toward warming on average. I'm not saying what the cause is as it is likely too complex. But issues related to warming should planned out and at least contingencies developed.
I want to meet the really old scientist who was here to measure the temperature a few hundred and a few thousand years ago. Oh, it was just a guess...nevermind.
Recorded history goes back thousands of years.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:15 AM

30,156 posts, read 18,752,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL....And you call yourself a scientist..
Yes-

And you are not a "scientist", but a global warming alarmist who has no clue regarding basic science or physics. That is a simple fact that you cannot ignore, yet you claim to have superlative knowledge of physics and science.

The Dunning Kruger Effect

Rarely does one come across a liberal who does not claim to have more knowledge and expertise than those with formal training. It is a weird psychological quirk of libs (much like their obsession with spelling errors).

I have witnessed idiot liberals actually "lecturing" physicists on "global warming" and earnestly believing they knew more about the topic.

I will take the opinion of James Van Allen over James Hansen. VanAllen was Hansen's mentor and instructor, and thought he was an academic embarrassment in promoting such a farce which defied objective and rational science. I had the pleasure of having VanAllen as an instructor and found him to be not only one of the greatest minds in physics, but a really nice person.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:23 AM

425 posts, read 393,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I want to meet the really old scientist who was here to measure the temperature a few hundred and a few thousand years ago. Oh, it was just a guess...nevermind.
Recorded history goes back thousands of years.
I wouldn't say it is a complete guess. Scientists take measurements from frozen air trapped in ice. As accurate as today's instrumentation? Probably not, but enough to get a good idea.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-temperatures/

Old 07-22-2019, 11:24 AM

33,585 posts, read 37,221,484 times
[quote=hawkeye2009;55734783]Yes-

Quote:
And you are not a "scientist", but a global warming alarmist who has no clue regarding basic science or physics. That is a simple fact that you cannot ignore, yet you claim to have superlative knowledge of physics and science.
I make no such claim, but I accept the consensus of active climate scientists.
Quote:
The Dunning Kruger Effect
Yes I understand your disability....sad

Quote:
Rarely does one come across a liberal who does not claim to have more knowledge and expertise than those with formal training. It is a weird psychological quirk of libs (much like their obsession with spelling errors).
See above.

Quote:
I have witnessed idiot liberals actually "lecturing" physicists on "global warming" and earnestly believing they knew more about the topic.
Sorry but I have learned not to believe anything you type.

Quote:
I will take the opinion of James Van Allen over James Hansen. VanAllen was Hansen's mentor and instructor, and thought he was an academic embarrassment in promoting such a farce which defied objective and rational science. I had the pleasure of having VanAllen as an instructor and found him to be not only one of the greatest minds in physics, but a really nice person.
See above.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:25 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,446,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Since it is spelled 'arctic', it probably means that the issue is too complicated for you to understand.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...er-than-normal

Yep, the research vessel had to turn back because the ice was too thick, but I sometimes misspell words, so the implications of unexpected thick ice forcing a research vessel to abandon all hope of venturing forward are of no consequence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies