Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 01:53 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times

Advertisements

What's that plummeting sound coming from Wall Street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 01:54 PM

13,606 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The dem solution- Let China steal our technology, cheat on trade, and destroy our economy.

Dems are so partisan that they side with an authoritarian foreign nation like China over their fellow citizens and nation.

Dems are literally fifth columnists among us who are enemies of the nation.
Wrong, Donald Trump is the enemy of our nation.

I call him "Putin's Puppet", because he loves Putin more than he loves American democracy.

He also declared that he was in love with Kim Jong-Un. Add King Salman and Chairman Xi to his list of besties. Sometimes I think he s deliberately trying to ruin America. It must be an act; no one could be as stupid as Donald seems to be.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:56 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
When Tr*** became the nominee, there was an interview with the writer for Art of the Deal. The author was actually very much trying to be nice and choosing his words carefully, but his remarks were: (paraphrased) It was difficult to get Mr. Tr*** to be able to focus long enough to even ask him a question, let alone for him to answer the question. He often walked out when I was in mid-sentence. I find it very difficult to imagine he will be able to focus long enough to function properly on complicated issues as President"

I did not think much of this at all at the time because I figured the entire nomination was a joke and Ashton Kutcher would star in a breaking news on every channel to say "Punk'd" at any moment.

Now that the nightmare has come true, I look back on that interview. You gotta wonder if he is even able to listen, absorb, analyze, and create his own thoughts. That's a whole lot of focus for someone with severe ADHD. My hubby is like this so I get it, and this is not a cut down to Tr***

On a side note, I used to call Tr*** "President It". Someone was upset with me and I promised that I would not call him names anymore, but that I refused to fill the room with the negative energy of his name, so I came up with Tr***. You and others call him names all the time, as well as calling names to his supporters, and no one gets mad. What gives?!?!?
Personally, I think calling people names can actually come back and reflect the intelligence of the poster because it can look childish. Back in 2016, I was angry toward Hillary Clinton and her ridiculous email scandal so I kept calling her "Villary". Someone rightly called me out on it because it does get annoying after a while.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:02 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,737,076 times
All of you who think we can continue to purchase more than 4x the goods from China that they do from us, need to watch this video. Older video, same premise. See the forest through the trees.
This is not about which party you prefer, this is all about the money. We will be better off using our tariff money on Chinese imports to subsidize farmers and continue to reclaim our manufacturing base than continuing down the path of the last 3 decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=TYKAbRK_wKA

Old 08-01-2019, 02:04 PM

1,074 posts, read 641,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Personally, I think calling people names can actually come back and reflect the intelligence of the poster because it can look childish. Back in 2016, I was angry toward Hillary Clinton and her ridiculous email scandal so I kept calling her "Villary". Someone rightly called me out on it because it does get annoying after a while.
Agreed, and I did not mind changing my tune. Just trying to figure out why I am the only one that person was mad at (can't remember who it was)

Some are funny though.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:06 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
When will the moron learn that his words carry a lot of weight in the stock market?
He knows.

Great day for insider trading.

It's a good bet that Carl Icahn is making a killing off of Trump manipulating the stock market.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:20 PM

13,657 posts, read 9,720,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
All of you who think we can continue to purchase more than 4x the goods from China that they do from us, need to watch this video. Older video, same premise. See the forest through the trees.
I remember that commercial; fanciful and hyperbolic, to say the least - but cleverly crafted. But here's the thing. From the perspective of world-history and the general betterment of the human condition, for ossified empires to fail and to be supplanted by newcomers, is a feature - not a bug. We should welcome it.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:29 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
As was said yesterday, the gang returned form China without any progress on a trade deal. "We are continuing to talk and it is going really well."

Today the knucklehead announced new tariffs on Chinese goods coming into America. The clown still doesn't understand that the Chinese can play this game for longer than Donald will be alive, and that American consumers pay the freight for his ill-founded strategy.

Immediately our stock market fell from being up 300 to be down 200, and bonds flew on the idea of a weaker economy here in the US as prices for goods go up.

How did this guy ever get the title of being a deal maker? Did he invent it himself to go along with his "I am really , really smart?"

Maybe no. Americans are going to suffer more and more until we get this jerk out of office. Today is just another example of the lack of leadership, strategy and direction from the guy in Washington.
My consumer spending will be decreasing immediately. Anyone else? Economic contractors will result in a depressed economy.

Thanks Trump.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:39 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
I give Dumpster Fire Bozo the Clown about 48 hours before he rolls onto his belly and offers to service Jinping, and Wall Street will give him a little pat on the head.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:50 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times
Democrats want to make China great again apparently
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies