Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 04:06 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Any particular brand? I have a few polymers I need to finish but that is for .22LR and 9mm. For medium cartridges, I want aluminum but haven't decided on manufacturer or cutting ****.
Not real impressed with the polymer lowers around the front and rear pins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 04:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Any particular brand? I have a few polymers I need to finish but that is for .22LR and 9mm. For medium cartridges, I want aluminum but haven't decided on manufacturer or cutting ****.
The mill & the lathe were getting dusty.
Aluminum stock and stainless steel rods.

Ghost Inc.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:18 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
The "civilized society" is really just a veneer and every so often it cracks.

I like living in a peaceful society but I am fully aware that it can turn violent at any moment. I have more than adapted to this current way of life. Many people find me funny and pleasant to be around. But if I'm out and about, I am armed and very much aware of my surroundings. I've been carrying a gun daily for 10+ years. I don't want society to see anything about me. I just want to blend in.

I don't consider the unaware as "prey" because I am not the attacker. I see them as easy targets for violence. It takes very little daily effort to be vigilant when out and I make a game out of it. I try to pick out who might be the one to snap and what would I do.

My wife and I have been out at a bar listening to a band when there was a shooting down the street. Afterwards, she asked what would happen if the shooter had come inside. Since that is one of the few times I am unarmed, I had already planned our escape through a locked back door. The door was a very cheap interior door with a cheap frame that I could easily run through. That gave me access to a side exit. There were a few others we discussed. No different than your household fire drill. Yes, we have those as well.
I consider these things as well.

Never felt the need to walk around armed. Last time I had a weapon on me was driving around with a baseball bat in my backseat because road rage issues..usually that I escalated or contributed to..were occurring. Early 20's. I grew up and learned to avoid these things.

The "you are all sheeple/prey" guys tend to be the dudes who've never progressed past this point mentally.

These shooters..and this mentality around the fetish/worship of guns..are all part of a similar problem. Stunted emotional/mental maturity that fails to see..or worse care about the impact on society...of the insanity of it's own belief system. How else should one view a belief system whose de facto state of existence is the wild west?

Old 08-05-2019, 04:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Not real impressed with the polymer lowers around the front and rear pins.
Me needer

Old 08-05-2019, 07:17 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I consider these things as well.

Never felt the need to walk around armed. Last time I had a weapon on me was driving around with a baseball bat in my backseat because road rage issues..usually that I escalated or contributed to..were occurring. Early 20's. I grew up and learned to avoid these things.

The "you are all sheeple/prey" guys tend to be the dudes who've never progressed past this point mentally.

These shooters..and this mentality around the fetish/worship of guns..are all part of a similar problem. Stunted emotional/mental maturity that fails to see..or worse care about the impact on society...of the insanity of it's own belief system. How else should one view a belief system whose de facto state of existence is the wild west?
You admit you couldn't control your anger. Are you projecting those issues on others?

I have been in 1 fight my entire life and it was at the end of a football practice. We were wearing helmets and pads so no one was going to get hurt other than me dislocating my shoulder. I've been cursed at so bad my wife was in tears and I never raised my voice. If I escalate any confrontation to the point of violence, it is my fault and I go to jail. That is the burden of carrying and I accept that.

You had to go and make it sexual. That didn't take long and it always happens. I have 4 guys in my neighborhood who restore cars and they are obsessed with the details. Would you consider it a car fetish? I can admit that I like the engineering behind the guns. John Moses Browning designed the 1911 using nothing but a pencil and paper and that design is still selling over 100 years later.

How does my owning a gun impact society one bit other than make it safer. I or someone else has to be in imminent threat of harm or death before I would act. I have too much to lose to make a bad decision and harm someone with the gun I carry or any other weapon. If I go the rest of my life and never use my weapon against someone else, it will still be a plus for me - it was an extended workout with an extra 2 pounds strapped on my right hip.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Our local police dept. has been after folks to lock their cars.

Seems folks leave their guns in the glove compartments and leave the cars unlocked.

Those people should be fined, and not be able to buy another gun until they can prove the weren't negligent.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:37 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
You admit you couldn't control your anger. Are you projecting those issues on others?

I have been in 1 fight my entire life and it was at the end of a football practice. We were wearing helmets and pads so no one was going to get hurt other than me dislocating my shoulder. I've been cursed at so bad my wife was in tears and I never raised my voice. If I escalate any confrontation to the point of violence, it is my fault and I go to jail. That is the burden of carrying and I accept that.

You had to go and make it sexual. That didn't take long and it always happens. I have 4 guys in my neighborhood who restore cars and they are obsessed with the details. Would you consider it a car fetish? I can admit that I like the engineering behind the guns. John Moses Browning designed the 1911 using nothing but a pencil and paper and that design is still selling over 100 years later.

How does my owning a gun impact society one bit other than make it safer. I or someone else has to be in imminent threat of harm or death before I would act. I have too much to lose to make a bad decision and harm someone with the gun I carry or any other weapon. If I go the rest of my life and never use my weapon against someone else, it will still be a plus for me - it was an extended workout with an extra 2 pounds strapped on my right hip.
I don't understand why this is so hard for some people to comprehend. You being able to own a gun is the result of everyone being able to won a gun...as many guns as they want. As many guns as people. A society awash in guns and subculture of yahoo hyper macho gun fetishists, with a subculture of that based around paranoia, hatred of the government, and within that subculture a crap load of racists to be boot. Add in your CD forum resident sovereign state ghouls.

A car fetish comes from the same place..guitars..., but a car is not a tool designed to kill things. I think an obsession with fast cars can be very dangerous in the wrong hands, like careless young men. Parents who buy their 18 year olds Subaru WRX's might as well be buying them guns.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
... and built uppers. Monday morning of all mornings.
The mill & the lathe were getting dusty, and the shelves were stocked.
Not anymore.

This ain't no joke! I have not seen the phone ring this much in one morning, even under Obama's reign.

People are nervous again and I don't think this time it is about being worried they are coming for our guns.
What an interesting time to be alive. It could get real, really quick.

Declassification, could ramp up the false flag attacks. Watch your 6

" Personal liberty, or the Right to enjoyment of life and liberty, is one of the fundamental or Natural Rights, which has been protected by its inclusion as a guarantee in the various constitutions, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable."
- - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987.
Sounds like you guys are handing out the muskets to all able bodied men to go hunt those pesky seditionist liberals.
Sounds like a Bunch of unarmed, LGBT, progressive people of various colors scare the crap out of you and your fellows?

And by God you aim to do something about it.

Old 08-06-2019, 03:04 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Like I said in the other thread, you're quick to deprive someone else of their freedom, but scream like a 3 year old if someone wants to limit your access to deadly toys.

Pretty screwed up priorities.

No, not toys, but tools to make anyone think twice from changing the US from the way it has been basically for centuries into something else.

"Do you really think you can beat the might of the US forces?"

Probably not, but if it comes down to it, will make the victory of those changing the US into something else very expensive.

Not toys, tools.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:26 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
People get shot up. Families of the victims cant hold their loved ones ever again but gun owners get to go home and clutch their guns.
In order to protect their loved ones who they can hold.
Next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies