Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 10:17 AM

17,624 posts, read 13,415,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Couldn't she just self-identify as a black woman? It's all the rage these days.

Or, an black man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 10:20 AM

7,031 posts, read 2,733,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Rosanna Arquette isn’t the only blonde award-winning actress to wish she wasn’t white. In 2016, Actress Julie Delpy said she believes there’s “nothing worse than being a woman” in Hollywood and wished she were black instead.

I’m sorry I was born white and privileged. It disgusts me. And I feel so much shame,” the Pulp Fiction actor said on Wednesday.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/hollywo...and-privileged
Her only privilege is having a huge rack. If you want to see it on display, look for "The Wrong Man" 1993 with her and John Lithgow.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:24 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,655,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Exerpt:
Just two days ago, Arquette posted a picture of herself kneeling before several
American flags while holding up a peace sign. She wrote in the caption, "I'll never stand for the flag again."

Opinion:
She has obviously confused great wealth with being white.
She needs to come to grips that her job as an actress separates
her economically from all other classes. That's the true privilege.
So stop the charade. Quit your job and join the rank and file of the
impoverished Miss Hollywood. Actions speak louder than words.

Those who disrespect the flag have never been handed a folded one by an officer at a funeral and received a salute instead of a loved one coming through the front door at home. This woman can kiss my posterior. All her fashionably wacko leftist self loathing because of her skin tone, disrespect of our country and those who died for it and all other dingbat bilge mean nothing to me.

Move to China or South East Asia. Or even Japan. Then she will see REAL racism and nationalism.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:28 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,894,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Africa itself has a growing middle clsss and Asia has become an economic powerhouse of a continent, and the world outside the US has some very good areas.

I don't share this white guilt nonsense, indeed it's racist in itself because it perceives that non white people are all poor and under priviliged or uneducated.

The constant potryal of Africa has some mud hut type civilisation by the media and Hollywood being part of the problem.
The white guilt/blame leftist agenda absolutely is very racist toward white people because it also falsely assigns collective racial blame on whites for every alleged poor outcome of non-whites. And it also falsely creates the perception that all whites are privileged ignoring the various issues and plights they endure.

It's about a racist concept as could be.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:30 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,798,772 times
The entire middle of the country is filled with poor/working class white people. These people aren’t “privileged” at all. I fear for the future of my lower middle class white children. At best they will be put at a disadvantage in life via racial hiring quotas/caps, extreme school admissions disadvantages, much higher taxes, government wealth redistribution that doesn’t include them. At worst they will face some sort of genocide. They are part Cuban maybe they can identity as Hispanic to get around this stuff?

Last edited by cttransplant85; 08-09-2019 at 10:38 AM..

Old 08-09-2019, 11:33 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,908,356 times
Quote:
Rosanna Arquette isn’t the only blonde award-winning actress to wish she wasn’t white. In 2016, Actress Julie Delpy said she believes there’s “nothing worse than being a woman” in Hollywood and wished she were black instead.

I’m sorry I was born white and privileged. It disgusts me. And I feel so much shame,” the Pulp Fiction actor said on Wednesday.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/hollywo...and-privileged
Since she got old and lost her looks, no one cares.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:59 PM

10,035 posts, read 9,523,851 times
Just checking back, has she changed race and given away all her money yet?

Old 08-10-2019, 05:19 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,655,894 times
I saw a video recently in which a group of White people had put chains on themselves and t shirts that said "I'm sorry on them and they would supplicate themselves to every Black person that came waking by. Umm, alrighty then. I really just don't get this "White guilt thing."

Slavery has been around for a LOT longer than since 19th century America when the Civil War was fought. And it was not limited to African Blacks. By the logic being applied to US White guilt advocates there are a lot of other nations, White and otherwise, who's citizens should be consumed by guilt for their ancestors having conquered and enslaved people. Black and otherwise. Italians should be guilty of what the Roman empire did, the Greeks, Persians, Mongolians, Huns, Chinese, Japanese, British, Norse and so on.

In the period we US people are supposed to feel guilt for African Blacks were the most predominant conquered people and were thus the most widely enslaved. The Arab slavers and a great many more powerful Black African tribes were huge slave traders. They still are truth be known.

Personally I don't feel the need to self flagellate myself for the past actions of either US slavers or any others. That was the way things were, and I myself never had and will never have any control over what has happened through history. The Romans quite likely enslaved many of my ancestors but I don't expect the Italian people to feel guilty about it.

To this day there is still a quite viable slave trade in Africa and the ME and they deal in slaves from all over the world, yes, even White slaves. Predominantly women but children as well both girls and boys. So if all these people who are so consumed by guilt over Black slavery here in the US n the 19th century might spend some of that energy bringing modern day slavery to light perhaps they might actually accomplish something worthwhile.

Just a thought.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:24 AM

23,597 posts, read 17,279,425 times
Quote:

www.theblaze.com/news/hollywood-actress-declares-her-disgust-and-shame-over-being-born-white-and-privileged
'See something, say something', RA needs medical intervention for her delusional rambling, no gun permit for her!

Old 08-10-2019, 05:27 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,319,981 times
Rosanna - for the love of God, please....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6t_PdfrYvk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies