Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 04:43 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,805,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
I don't doubt that Bill Maher speaks for a lot of people. He wants a recession so Trump will 'go away'.
Bill Maher is rich and won't have to suffer like most of us will. I'll stand up to my fellow liberals when they start talking about hoping for a recession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 04:45 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,030,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Really? I'm hoping for it to fail?
Of course you are, it's the only way you think you can win the White House back. It's the reason you started this thread. It's no big secret.

Quote:
My guess is that Hannity or Limbaugh are saying that liberals want the economy to fail but I'm really hoping it hangs on until Trump is out of office. Who would want to see millions of people lose their jobs and homes?

For the record, I'm against free healthcare for illegals, but Trump's incompetence on every major issue and also the issue of separation of church and state are more important to me. You don't have to agree with your party on every single issue.
I don't listen to or watch Hannity or Rush, I really don't know what they're saying but I do listen to liberals and it's clear that you people are desperate for anything that you can use for political gain hoping that it might lead to a victory in 2020.

Are you denying that you'd choose a downturn in the economy if you knew it would lead to Trump loosing in 2020? Please be honest.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:46 PM

21,915 posts, read 9,486,318 times
Quote:
Consider the economy Obama inherited. If you don't, you're nothing but a blind partisan. It was a slow recovery but it was on the right track by 2015 and 2016. It really took off in 2017 before Trump's policies really had much of an effect.
No, you are a blind partisan if you think that recession was all on GWB.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:48 PM

21,915 posts, read 9,486,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Of course you are, it's the only way you think you can win the White House back. It's the reason you started this thread. It's no big secret.

I don't listen to or watch Hannity or Rush, I really don't know what they're saying but I do listen to liberals and it's clear that you people are desperate for anything that you can use for political gain hoping that it might lead to a victory in 2020.

Are you denying that you'd choose a downturn in the economy if you knew it would lead to Trump loosing in 2020? Please be honest.
You are asking a liberal to be honest? They still say they aren't for open borders.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:48 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
Quote:
Democrats need to start shifting the conversation to this....

If Democrats want to shift the conversation to the economy I'm all onboard.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I don't want to lose my job. I'm about to be going into the job market and I want to be able to find a job that pays reasonable. I'm already woefully behind in my career due to graduating during the last recession.

However, I listen to what economists are saying, NOT right-wing pundits, and it's looking a lot like 2007 right now. If Trump would just back off on his tariffs, we could be full steam ahead.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:52 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Trump has taken the growing economy he inherited and with his trade wars and reckless policies, brought us to the brink of recession. I believe 2020 is shaping up to be a perilous year for the U.S. economy. I believe that by the election, unemployment will be skyrocketing, people will be losing their homes, and we'll see one or two big bank failures. It could be even worse if China decides to completely unload U.S. debt, a very real possibility. Most people on this board who are working will likely either be laid off or know somebody who is laid off by next year at this time.

Thing is, none of this had to happen. This is 100% on Donald Trump. Now we all are going to have to suffer.

Democrats need to start shifting the conversation to this because I believe that the collapsing economy will be their winning issue in 2020. The U.S. needs to join the rest of the world in embracing the 21st century rather than trying to bring back the middle of the 20th century, destroying itself in the process.
I agree that they should talk about the economy, as well as other issues that pertain to everyday Americans.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:53 PM

20,861 posts, read 9,521,992 times
Quote:
Except in reality, the exact opposite is true and people see it. People see that their taxes are lower, people see that their wages are rising, people see that the POTUS is doing everything he can to correct the horrendous trade deals that have left the US screwed for decades and they see the POTUS actually doing something about things that matter like illegal immigration and prison reform.

You have nothing but angry idiots crying about fake racism and pipe dreams of a crashing economy. Sad.
It would appear some people do not know what an inverted yield curve is, and what it means.

Let's get started ...

https://twitter.com/RaoulGMI/status/1159139532979298304

The Bond Market Is Sending A Warning Signal

The non-petroleum inventory to sales ratio is the highest it's been since the Great Recession.

Wholesale, Inventory, And The Raised Risk Of Recession

I could post many other things, but all you need to do is watch the yield curve, and that should suffice.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You are asking a liberal to be honest? They still say they aren't for open borders.
Honest like Trump and his 10,000+ verifiable lies?

Old 08-09-2019, 06:14 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Trump is doing a very good job of that on his own.
What's bad?

The unemployment rate has been below 4% for seventeen months and is currently just 3.7%!

Wages are rising faster than inflation for all wage earners and the lowest paid workers are seeing the fastest increases.

We haven't had a job market like this since LBJ!

And speaking of LBJ, no new wars!

Good luck with this one Democrats!!

My advice....run Hillary one more time.

This election is a wash, so you have nothing to lose, and if you let Hillary go down in flames one more time, she might finally go away and ****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies