Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 08:34 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is what a White supremacist is. It is a person who believes that White people are better than any other race, and hates all non-White persons. In addition, said person believes that only White people should have any political power and that all non-White persons should submit. It is someone who wants to see White people reproduce more while all non-White peoples decline in their reproduction rates. It is someone who believes in "the White race should conquer and eliminate other races". That is what a white supremacist is to me.

By that metric, I went to high school with a few people who would fit the bill of white supremacist.

My ex wife is a major White supremacy type and was raised that way. This didn't come out right away in our relationship and it wasn't until my son was born that it really came to light. At this point she figured she had me roped and snubbed off so there was no point hiding any more. And when I met her people after this time had passéd I saw in stark relief where it all came from.

I stuck it out in the marriage but it was me who really raised my son. I was his primary influence. And I made sure he was not pulled into my ex and her family's sphere. When I ended the marriage it got ugly. I could have BBQd her in court but I wasn't going to put my son through that. I didn't want the whole town knowing just what a repugnant human being his Mother is which would have tarred him with the same brush so I let her "win" as far as material things went.

She got all the stuff, and the debt that went with it and my son and I were free. It was worth it. I also learned my lesson very well as to how these type of people hide their true selves. I can spot this type of person a mile away in a crowd. So can my son.

We stay out of the radical race driven stuff with everyone we choose to allow around us, no matter what skin tone is involved. We fight way shy of that crap and they learn to fight shy of us. We have come to be of the opinion that the more humans we come to know the more we appreciate our horses. And dogs and cats and even the wild critters we interact with.

Their honesty and lack of judgementalism is ...refreshing. To say the least.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:25 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
He was referring to Japanese as a nationality, not a race. Those of us who don’t use race to define a persons nationality, know that the children of the immigrants, regardless of whatever country their parents were from would be Japanese having grown up in that culture/nation.
That is a fallacy. Japanese is an ethnicity not just a nationality. Immigrants will never be Japanese and immigrants will not sustain the culture. They will alter and change it.

That's been true in America and as obvious as daylight. Immigration has altered America in many ways from what it had long been.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
^ and that is how you get to what ever race nationalism

Btw, white person here. While I may racially be “your people” I have literally nothing in common with people like you except that and I am just as much and American as you are. You don’t get to decide for me that being around a bunch of people like you is “harmonious” nor do you get to change or constitution to support that idea.
I'm not deciding anything for you or claiming that every single white person has much in common. I don't honestly know what you are. But you are the one trying to decide for me what those things you mention consist of and trying to change the meaning of the constitution. The constitution doesn't really speak to immigration and multiculturalism.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
No they are not entitled to their preferences, and yes they are prejudiced. You elitists don't have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about. Guess what? It's not up to you to decide where subsidized housing is built, and they don't go into "neighborhoods" because hospitals, shopping and schools have to be close by, so they usually wind up building or allocating in the city proper.
You need to start learning how to get along in the world. The population is growing and growing, and people of all walks of life deserve respect. Your attitude of entitlement makes me barf.
Wrong. They are absolutely entitled to their preferences and to believe whatever their consciousness leads them to believe. That's a fundamental American principle.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:52 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
No, but I've known many "white separatists". The Not In My Neighborhood types who don't dislike minorities/foreigners and aren't racist per se, but don't necessarily want low income minorities or third world illegal immigrants living next door or in their neighborhoods in public or Section 8 housing, bringing down property values. Or they just don't like the "cultural diversity".
They're entitled to their preferences.

Funny how could they even afford the high rent , them being low-income minorities and third world illegal?

Section 8 has more red tape involved than starting your own business and being a entrepreneur......

Old 08-12-2019, 09:54 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
My parents unfortunately were pretty racist. My mom never really said much about non-whites and blacks in particular. She wasn't a raving racist that acts in ways that are obvious. My mom was a far scary version in that she just knew that black people were below her. Like it was just understood, if that makes any sense. I've never seen her treat black people badly, but that of course black people are inferior attitude that she seemed to have was just awful.

My dad was a bit more verbal about it. I think that they were just products of their time, I don't know. I work extra hard to monitor myself and I try to stay vigilant about any kind of bias I may have. I feel in my heart of hearts that I'm not a racist person and my parents actually taught me that, they did it indirectly I suppose.

Growing up in school we all learn about the civil rights movement and learn about the men like Dr. Martin Luther King. I remember being sort of ambivalent about it, just being a typical dumb teenager that didn't want to be in school, would rather be at the beach or anything but school. LOL.

Now I'm a grown man, near 50 I have the deepest respect for a guy like MLK. I can appreciate his struggles and fighting for civil rights for non-whites. I respect his courage he must have had to have. I mean it takes a deep level of courage to go against the system, to be a target of so many people, the US government as well. Unfortunately he paid the highest price for his efforts.

I really admire men, and women for that matter, that try to rise about the fray, to see injustice and to work to right the wrongs.

Takes a lot chutzpah as our Jewish friends would say.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:58 AM

16,602 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am curious if anyone actually knows a white supremist?
I guess it depends on how one defines a supremacist, now doesn't it.

For starters, any race can have supremacists among them.
That aside, does someone who has pride in their race, automatically become a supremacist?
Were the Japanese of the 1930's supremacists?
Where the Hutu's of the 1990's supremacists?
It almost feels strange for some to read that I am asking about yellow or black people as potential supremacists, right?
That is because we have been conditioned by PC and the liberal MSM to only think of it in terms of whites as such.

Does the mere promotion of ones race in admissions, employment hiring and/or promotions based on their race constitute it?
While the answers might seem clear to a PC brainwashed few, it is not that simple. Take a police department for example. You have police department sanctioned groups pushing an agenda based on race with respect to hiring and promotion. That is true of the black and brown officers (even female ones as well).
Yet there is no white officers group promoting their interests.
Within a few departments that whites have tried to start one up, they are labeled racists/supremacists, and not sanctioned by the department hierarchy.

As to the overall question, if knowing a supremacist means someone of a hate group, I have known one white and one black person who were in such groups.
One was a HS kid who probably was not hardcore, just being an idiot. The other was an adult who I only worked with for a couple of years. Neither seemed like bad people, yet what they did with their fellow bigoted members I could not say.

Regardless, being a _____ist now days means something very different than it did just a decade or two ago.
Someone could be biased, prejudiced, bigoted, etc. and not be labeled a racist.
Now days everything slightly astray of liberal/leftist orthodoxy seems to be pounced upon by the PC crowd and labeled racist.
Why, because that term use to carry more punch. Rest assured if someone said look, there is a racist, you might expect to turn and see a Black Panther, Nazi or Klansman.
Instead today someone could by biased, prejudiced or bigoted about something or someone, and be called a racist instead.
Heck a person claimed people who were against the pitbull dog breed were racists.
When everything is racism/supremacy, then nothing is.

`

Old 08-12-2019, 10:00 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My parents unfortunately were pretty racist. My mom never really said much about non-whites and blacks in particular. She wasn't a raving racist that acts in ways that are obvious. My mom was a far scary version in that she just knew that black people were below her. Like it was just understood, if that makes any sense. I've never seen her treat black people badly, but that of course black people are inferior attitude that she seemed to have was just awful.

My dad was a bit more verbal about it. I think that they were just products of their time, I don't know. I work extra hard to monitor myself and I try to stay vigilant about any kind of bias I may have. I feel in my heart of hearts that I'm not a racist person and my parents actually taught me that, they did it indirectly I suppose.

Growing up in school we all learn about the civil rights movement and learn about the men like Dr. Martin Luther King. I remember being sort of ambivalent about it, just being a typical dumb teenager that didn't want to be in school, would rather be at the beach or anything but school. LOL.

Now I'm a grown man, near 50 I have the deepest respect for a guy like MLK. I can appreciate his struggles and fighting for civil rights for non-whites. I respect his courage he must have had to have. I mean it takes a deep level of courage to go against the system, to be a target of so many people, the US government as well. Unfortunately he paid the highest price for his efforts.

I really admire men, and women for that matter, that try to rise about the fray, to see injustice and to work to right the wrongs.

Takes a lot chutzpah as our Jewish friends would say.

Thanks for sharing. You don't read as a racist person at all.....unlike most who seem hell bent on not admitting that anything past or present was racist.....out of fear they are "arming liberalism".

Old 08-12-2019, 10:05 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is what a White supremacist is. It is a person who believes that White people are better than any other race, and hates all non-White persons. In addition, said person believes that only White people should have any political power and that all non-White persons should submit. It is someone who wants to see White people reproduce more while all non-White peoples decline in their reproduction rates. It is someone who believes in "the White race should conquer and eliminate other races". That is what a white supremacist is to me.

By that metric, I went to high school with a few people who would fit the bill of white supremacist.
Using this definition, I don't personally know any race supremacists. Not white, black, or brown.

I do know people (of all races) who prefer their "own people", meaning their own race. I don't see anything wrong with that no matter what race it is. Of course people prefer to be around people like them. That's not bigotry or prejudice, it's human nature. Them preferring to be around their own does not mean they hate any other race. In fact, just about everyone understands that until we start talking about white people, then all of a sudden it's "white supremacy". It's not.

I think your definition is pretty spot on to what a supremacist is - while many other people think that just being who you are, or who you voted for, makes you one. Which is so stupid I can't believe we even give time to addressing such accusations.

The facts are that white supremacists are very small in number, just as panty fa is very small in number. Both of them make a lot of noise, despite their small numbers, and because it sells headlines, the media makes it out to be as if these types of people are everywhere.

I go out about my day, in real life, not online, and meet people from all types of races, all types of ethnicities, and no one bothers anyone else. I live in CA right now - we have a lot of Hispanics, we have Asians, we have black folks, we have white folks. No one is going around starting anything.

When I lived in Seattle, however, I saw it more than anyone should have. There were definitely supremacists from all races.

In Florida, some of my co-workers were absolutely prejudiced and racist. They openly admitted it. One co-worker refused to watch anything with a black person in it. His reason was, "because they always talk about race." I remember one time, a tourist came up to that particular person, started talking to him, and early on mentioned that he must not see that many black people out there in the Everglades. He quickly ended the conversation and proceeded to tell us, "See? They always bring up race right at the start." The only thing I commend him for is not hiding it. I'd rather someone just be right up front about it, even if I think it makes them look stupid.

Another co-worker said, when I accused him of being a racist, "I'm not racist. I don't hate n* (n word)".

I mean - his self awareness was a 1 out of 10 - what do you even say to that?

But were either of them white supremacists? No. They just didn't like black people. They were racist, but that is not the same thing as being a white supremacist.

The statement was made earlier by another poster that they don't know a lot of anti fa, either. I don't personally know any, but I can assure you, they are definitely here. I don't know them, personally, however. Given where I live, it's not unexpected. Thus far, only one person has tried to peel off stickers from my bumper. (Keeping in mind I've had this car for 13 years.) A very lefty person. Other than that, no one bothers anyone around here except for the idiots who get into trouble because of drugs - there's definitely a lot of drugs around this area.

As for illegals - considering where I live has a high Hispanic population, I can tell you from personal experience talking to people, those who are here, legally, or were born here, are adamantly against illegal aliens, and are extremely against sanctuary cities. That doesn't make them "supremacists", however - which some on the left like to accuse people of being simply because they want stronger border enforcement. Unless they expect me to believe that Hispanics are Hispanic supremacists against Hispanics.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:10 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That is a fallacy. Japanese is an ethnicity not just a nationality. Immigrants will never be Japanese and immigrants will not sustain the culture. They will alter and change it.

That's been true in America and as obvious as daylight. Immigration has altered America in many ways from what it had long been.
Did you know that a word can sometimes have TWO meanings?

Japanese is a nationality and a race, we can add ethnicity into the mix if you really want to but it is also separate from race (for example Hispanic is an ethnicity that includes multiple races). But even the Japanese Nationality law recognizes that children born in Japan, to those who are not ethnically Japanese are Japanese by nationality.

As a westerner who grew up in an Asian country, I can tell you point blank, you are wrong. The children who are born, raised, and grow up in a country their parents immigrated to will have more in common with their fellow citizens than those from the country their parents immigrated from. I get that you FEEL that isn't the case, and you are entitled to your feelings but your feelings are not facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies