Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 08:59 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think he's right. If Trump is re-elected, I think it will play out like this:

Trump will think he's the supreme being and will make things worse than ever. The GOP knows after 2020, Trump can never be on the ballot again and was no use in the midterms, so they will be less afraid of him. After 2020, he cannot touch them, his cards will be spent. Trump supporter interest will wain and seeing him get older, balder and fatter will crush their "Trump is our avatar" dreams. His rallies will look pathetic and so will he. At the same time, the other half of the country will hate Trump supporters more than ever. Free money to Trump supporters will be met with laughter and ridicule. Farmers and coal miners will need to support themselves and the rurals better figure out how to pay for their own infrastructure because the urbans will know Trump is done, done, done. After all these years of taking urban money, the wallet will close.

The GOP, who has abandoned every principal they claimed to have will likely dump Trump midterm and try to install Pence so they can try to save 2024 but the 2022 Senate map for Republicans looks bad for them. Trump supporters will claim once again to be persecuted victims but after what we have seen, there is absolutely nothing a Trump supporter could say that would gain my sympathy.
Or he will get re-elected, appointment two more SCOTUS justices, finish the wall, beat ChIna, and make America great again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 09:06 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,342,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
This former republican will be voting dem 2020 as well,, unless Justin amash runs. Who knows

https://www.newsweek.com/jeff-flake-...d-2020-1454533
Flake is a loser who couldn't get re-elected and had to drop out. Nobody cares what he does.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:11 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Or he will get re-elected, appointment two more SCOTUS justices, finish the wall, beat ChIna, and make America great again.
He better name them fast because with the 2022 Senate looking bad for the GOP, Democrats will laugh in his face at any nomination he makes. McConnell has made it so unless the Senate and president are the same party - no Senate nominations will happen. Ever. Call it the McConnell rule.

China may never trade with flyover country again, those markets may be done for good.

And the best part about the wall is the farmers who can't afford to pay American workers (and won't have a market anyway) won't be able to hire the illegal immigrants they've been depending on for decades.

Watching those farmers we've been dolling billions out to have to suck it up will be entertaining, after all, they elected Trump and Trump taking away their low cost labor will be so fitting.

‘There’s no one around’: Pa. farmers, faced with labor shortage, struggle to keep afloat
https://www.mcall.com/news/pennsylva...ntq-story.html

Build the wall.Those farmers deserve everything that's coming to them.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:16 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,694,341 times
Many people I know tell me they voted not for Trump but against Clinton. After a few years of Trump they regret their decision. Clinton would have been bad but certainly better that Trump. These same people are highly disappointed to most of the republicans in office now because of their failure to act for our nation and continue along in dead silence while Trump makes a mockery of America.

If it is a honest election, no Russian meddling, no matter who the democratic candidate the democrats will win. The first two years of Trump's occupation was the result of the Obama administration. These second two years will be Trump's doing. To date Trump has lost American farmers their biggest customer, China, and the Chinese are never coming back. Trump's tariffs were the worst mistake in US history. The market trend is down and recession just around the corner. We will be lucky if Trump doesn't have us in a depression by the time they throw him out of the White House.

Trump has trashed our Constitution and openly admitted he believes he can do whatever he wants. Trump has disgraced the office of the president and has made the US the laughing stock of the world. When Trump goes down he will drag the republican party with him.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:17 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Quote:

Trump will think he's the supreme being and will make things worse than ever. The GOP knows after 2020, Trump can never be on the ballot again and was no use in the midterms, so they will be less afraid of him. After 2020, he cannot touch them, his cards will be spent. Trump supporter interest will wain and seeing him get older, balder and fatter will crush their "Trump is our avatar" dreams. His rallies will look pathetic and so will he. At the same time, the other half of the country will hate Trump supporters more than ever. Free money to Trump supporters will be met with laughter and ridicule. Farmers and coal miners will need to support themselves and the rurals better figure out how to pay for their own infrastructure because the urbans will know Trump is done, done, done. After all these years of taking urban money, the wallet will close. Perhaps rurals can toll their roads; $5. to go to the grocery store.

The GOP, who has abandoned every principal they claimed to have will likely dump Trump midterm and try to install Pence so they can try to save 2024 but the 2022 Senate map for Republicans looks bad for them. Trump supporters will claim once again to be persecuted victims but after what we have seen, there is absolutely nothing a Trump supporter could say that would gain my sympathy.

Puff...Puff...Pass

Old 08-15-2019, 09:53 PM

30,651 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Flake is a disgrace. Good riddance. He will fit in well with the Democrat Party.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:36 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Many people I know tell me they voted not for Trump but against Clinton. After a few years of Trump they regret their decision. Clinton would have been bad but certainly better that Trump. These same people are highly disappointed to most of the republicans in office now because of their failure to act for our nation and continue along in dead silence while Trump makes a mockery of America.

If it is a honest election, no Russian meddling, no matter who the democratic candidate the democrats will win. The first two years of Trump's occupation was the result of the Obama administration. These second two years will be Trump's doing. To date Trump has lost American farmers their biggest customer, China, and the Chinese are never coming back. Trump's tariffs were the worst mistake in US history. The market trend is down and recession just around the corner. We will be lucky if Trump doesn't have us in a depression by the time they throw him out of the White House.

Trump has trashed our Constitution and openly admitted he believes he can do whatever he wants. Trump has disgraced the office of the president and has made the US the laughing stock of the world. When Trump goes down he will drag the republican party with him.
Sounds like you’re already making up excuses for a loss

Old 08-16-2019, 12:39 AM

10,782 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Quote:

Trump will think he's the supreme being and will make things worse than ever. The GOP knows after 2020, Trump can never be on the ballot again and was no use in the midterms, so they will be less afraid of him. After 2020, he cannot touch them, his cards will be spent. Trump supporter interest will wain and seeing him get older, balder and fatter will crush their "Trump is our avatar" dreams. His rallies will look pathetic and so will he. At the same time, the other half of the country will hate Trump supporters more than ever. Free money to Trump supporters will be met with laughter and ridicule. Farmers and coal miners will need to support themselves and the rurals better figure out how to pay for their own infrastructure because the urbans will know Trump is done, done, done. After all these years of taking urban money, the wallet will close. Perhaps rurals can toll their roads; $5. to go to the grocery store.

Your theory makes no sense, and its because you don't understand Trump.
I think its safe to say nobody has ever enjoyed being President more than Trump has.
Trump's interest will NEVER wane.
Obama had no interest, Trump is the opposite.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:43 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
This former republican will be voting dem 2020 as well,, unless Justin amash runs. Who knows

https://www.newsweek.com/jeff-flake-...d-2020-1454533

i dont give a flying F about jeff FAKE. he is a fake republican any way.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:49 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Your theory makes no sense, and its because you don't understand Trump.
I think its safe to say nobody has ever enjoyed being President more than Trump has.
Trump's interest will NEVER wane.
Obama had no interest, Trump is the opposite.
I'm not talking about Trump's interest. Trump is all ego, he will always want attention. But once the 2020 election is over, the GOP won't be beholden to Trump anymore. The GOP has abandoned every principal they ever had but after 2020, they could ditch Trump and put Pence in his seat and not lose a thing. It's not like Trump was helpful in the midterms.

The Senate map for 2022 is ugly for the GOP. Odds are slim for a SCJ after that because of the McConnell rule. Pence is repellant to many but the GOP knows that the chaos Trump has created is not only bad for the country, it's extremely bad globally. Don't believe me? Watch what happens.

When I say Trump's rallies will become pathetic and wane, it's because Trump can't run again. Going out there and talking about Hillary, 2016 and calling people fat will become as old and tired as Trump will be.

Flake is right, Trump is killing the GOP and they may try to dump him after 2020 in an attempt to regain control of the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies