Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 11:08 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There was no conspiracy by Republicans to get young, Black current or future Felons to riot in order to elect Trump. Wow.

As Green Mariner said this has been a regular occurrence in Philly and other large cities for decades.
Actually, he was talking about galvanizing the white Republican vote with Black on White crime.

And this has happened in Pittsburgh, Chicago, New York

Pittsburgh:
Dozens in bandannas vandalize cars in East Liberty

This incident, some kids through bottles at police, in Chicago.
CWB Chicago: Loop: At least two teens arrested after "large group" throws bottles and rocks at cops

This happened at a McDonalds in Brooklyn.
https://pix11.com/2015/05/14/watch-b...s-and-workers/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 03:02 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Let me guess, you are here to vent some resentment.
Was he wrong though?

Old 08-17-2019, 03:58 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
https://nypost.com/2016/10/25/mob-at...cial-tensions/

Three years ago there was a wilding incident where a mob of black teenagers began assaulting whites outside of Temple University in Philadelphia. The timing before the federal election was too perfect.
Does anyone have reason to believe that this began with a payoff to a influential black agitator to swing the Pennsylvania vote?

Pennsylvania went to Trump by 40,000 + votes.
Except that these 'wilding' incidents are all too common. I had a good friend who worked graveyard shift at a convenience store near several dance clubs in Kirkland WA. One of the clubs would hold 'hip hop night' on Mondays to bring in people on an otherwise dead night.

Black youth would come over from Seattle, and after their dancing activities would storm his store with 10-15 youths taking everything not nailed down, and fleeing across the 520 bridge in their cars. My friend talked to the police about it. They were aware of the problems linked to hip-hop night, but said they had to figure out how to handle it without too much negative PR (read, being called raaaacist).

It's just a cultural thing, I suppose. Hopefully it will fade in a generation or two.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:02 PM

To organize a conspiracy like this would be so difficult, so fraught with risk, and with so little assurance of political payoff, that it seems unlikely at best. Suppose one of the kids ended up getting killed, and then it was learned that the whole thing was organized by, say, Karl Rove. Karl Rove would be political dead meat for all time, and maybe go to jail.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Except that these 'wilding' incidents are all too common. I had a good friend who worked graveyard shift at a convenience store near several dance clubs in Kirkland WA. One of the clubs would hold 'hip hop night' on Mondays to bring in people on an otherwise dead night.

Black youth would come over from Seattle, and after their dancing activities would storm his store with 10-15 youths taking everything not nailed down, and fleeing across the 520 bridge in their cars. My friend talked to the police about it. They were aware of the problems linked to hip-hop night, but said they had to figure out how to handle it without too much negative PR (read, being called raaaacist).

It's just a cultural thing, I suppose. Hopefully it will fade in a generation or two.
What I'm wondering is why this isn't happening much in the Atlanta area? With the theft that goes in in Atlanta proper, I'm not seeing much "wilding" going on in the Atlanta area. There's alot of hip hop in Atlanta. There is alot of theft in Atlanta. However, here in the Atlanta area, "flash robberies" aren't really a thing here.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
What I'm wondering is why this isn't happening much in the Atlanta area? With the theft that goes in in Atlanta proper, I'm not seeing much "wilding" going on in the Atlanta area. There's alot of hip hop in Atlanta. There is alot of theft in Atlanta. However, here in the Atlanta area, "flash robberies" aren't really a thing here.
It's possible that it happens and you just don't hear about it. The incident w/ my friend never made any news.

Old 08-18-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
It's possible that it happens and you just don't hear about it. The incident w/ my friend never made any news.
It's making the news in Philadelphia. It's making the news in Milwaukee. So far, I have seen anything remotely like that in the Atlanta area. At least not in Fulton County or Cobb County. So far, the pattern I'm seeing is this has taken place in Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Chicago, mostly northeastern and midwestern cities.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Was he wrong though?
So far, I haven't heard anyone on this thread blame white supremacy for the "wilding incident". One reason these incidents are difficult to talk about is because there are people who only discuss it as a way to express their disdain for Blacks.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:19 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
So far, I haven't heard anyone on this thread blame white supremacy for the "wilding incident". One reason these incidents are difficult to talk about is because there are people who only discuss it as a way to express their disdain for Blacks.
I don't think anybody characterizes ALL Blacks as acting this way, nor condoning this behavior. However, Wilding, The Knock Out Game, Wolf Packs, and all the other incidents of inner city rioting, looting, and violence by mobs of "youths" and "teens" happen to always be Blacks. No?

Old 08-19-2019, 05:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Things like this have been taking place in Chicago for years. It has nothing to do with politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies