Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 12:14 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Many African countries have already addressed their role and have offered land. https://ibw21.org/video-audio/ghana-...abode-in-2019/

That said....this is all distraction and deflection. People either believe blacks are socioeconomically unequal today because of THINGS DONE TO BLACKS or because THE NATURE OF BLACKS. People reconcile the difference as EXTERNAL or INTERNAL. To reject one is, by default, to select the other. All this talk about liberalism, democrats, Africa, me, etc.......is simply a means from deflecting from introspection.

A person either believes that the historical unfair treatment of blacks caused the current inequalities or that the inferior genetic nature of blacks results in the socioeconomic inequalities, regardless of the mistreatment. These thoughts are mutually exclusive. In other words, one cannot argue that its a little bit of BOTH.....because if you are arguing that it is some of both......you are arguing that blacks are inferior as part of the cause. So either one believes that blacks are inferior or they believe that unfairness created the socioeconomic gaps that persist into today.

Best to deflect about politics, Africa and whoever else is responsible than dealing with your own mindset and how that may hurt blacks.....especially if you are in a position of authority over blacks.
I would say very few people believe that socioeconomic inequality is due to the NATURE OF BLACKS except the very few true racists out there. The vast majority of people are not racist and do not believe there is a biological difference between the abilities of the various races.

As many of us have stated, it is what was DONE TO BLACKS in the institutions that have been developed and the policies which have held people back, including the lack of opportunity due to policies designed to eliminate jobs and breed dependence.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:22 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
It's not racist to believe the fact that there are biological difference between groups. If for example one observes group A mean intelligence is higher than group W which is higher than group B etc, that does not infer groupism, racism, superiority or anything of the sort.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:24 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I would say very few people believe that socioeconomic inequality is due to the NATURE OF BLACKS except the very few true racists out there. The vast majority of people are not racist and do not believe there is a biological difference between the abilities of the various races.

As many of us have stated, it isn't about either of those necessarily, but more about the institutions that have been developed and the policies which have held people back, including the lack of opportunity due to policies designed to eliminate jobs and breed dependence.

How would you know what other people are thinking? Most people might not have ever had the question or thought presented in such a way that they would have to make a choice to explain why blacks are lagging. However, you have no way of knowing what other people are thinking about. I don't know what other people are thinking either, but I know if they are going to make an argument they are going to have to chose an internal or external causation in the macro analysis.

Policies designed to eliminate jobs and breed dependence are like rain. If we are all standing in the rain we all should be equally wet. Why are blacks getting wetter from rain when whites are standing under the same rain cloud too? Liberalism is a NATIONAL phenomenon. Everyone should get equally wet unless some people, due to their race, were able to afford to buy umbrellas while others were kept from the stores.

There is no reason that liberalism would have a more adverse impact on blacks than whites.....given that they are national policies....unless racism weakened blacks to the degree that liberalism seemed like a better choice. Again....even if that is the case......the root cause is still racism. Yeah....the train may have run over my leg....but YOU pushed me onto the tracks.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:30 PM

When you get down to it, the OP is arguing whites are morally and ethically inferior.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's not racist to believe the fact that there are biological difference between groups. If for example one observers group A mean intelligence is higher than group W which is higher than group B etc, that does not infer groupism, racism, superiority or anything of the sort.

How would YOU observe that? I can remember when whites used to dominate distance running back in the 70's. I was just a kid but it looked like whites were all the great distance runners while blacks were the great sprinters. Of course.....scientist were saying that whites have more slow twitch muscle fibers which was conducive to the muscle endurance need for long distance running. On the other hand, blacks had a greater propensity for fast twitch muscle fibers that were conducive for quick muscle contraction, but not endurance. This was the SCIENCE of that time. Hey.....wait a minute.....where did these East Africans come from destroying this theory and dominating distance running since the 90's?

Observation is not EXPLANATION. Just because a race is doing something the best or doing something the worst does not mean that the race can't do it the best or can't be the worst at it. People just assuming that if you are dominate at something.....its because you are superior to others. Well.....it might simply be that others have not had the opportunity or need to do it to prove that they can be just as good....like East Africans.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
When you get down to it, the OP is arguing whites are morally and ethically inferior.

How. Its all math and logic. No race is morally superior or inferior....or intellectually. Whites oppressed whites....with no net gain to whites. Blacks oppressed blacks....with no net gain for blacks. Whites oppressed blacks (and others for their forced labor and stolen resources)....resulting in a net gain for whites. Blacks have not oppressed whites......which means that there was no economic offset to whites oppression blacks......hence the socioeconomic differences.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
How would YOU observe that? I can remember when whites used to dominate distance running back in the 70's. I was just a kid but it looked like whites were all the great distance runners while blacks were the great sprinters. Of course.....scientist were saying that whites have more slow twitch muscle fibers which was conducive to the muscle endurance need for long distance running. On the other hand, blacks had a greater propensity for fast twitch muscle fibers that were conducive for quick muscle contraction, but not endurance. This was the SCIENCE of that time. Hey.....wait a minute.....where did these East Africans come from destroying this theory and dominating distance running since the 90's?

Observation is not EXPLANATION. Just because a race is doing something the best or doing something the worst does not mean that the race can't do it the best or can't be the worst at it. People just assuming that if you are dominate at something.....its because you are superior to others. Well.....it might simply be that others have not had the opportunity or need to do it to prove that they can be just as good....like East Africans.
Certain East Africans and West Africans as I recall differ in fast twitch muscle mass and other physiological factors, so the theory is confirmed.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
How. Its all math and logic. No race is morally superior or inferior....or intellectually. Whites oppressed whites....with no net gain to whites. Blacks oppressed blacks....with no net gain for blacks. Whites oppressed blacks (and others for their forced labor and stolen resources)....resulting in a net gain for whites. Blacks have not oppressed whites......which means that there was no economic offset to whites oppression blacks......hence the socioeconomic differences.
That is a fallacy. Blacks discriminate against whites plenty of times, like arguing whites are morally and ethically inferior. Obama was a very white oppressive mostly black man. Oh yeah, slavery was not a net gain for whites, it was devastating to free market white labor.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Certain East Africans and West Africans as I recall differ in fast twitch muscle mass and other physiological factors, so the theory is confirmed.

No....because the THEORY was that whites were blessed with the trait of slow twitch but blacks were not. The fact that East African, who are BLACK, have slow twitch fibers shows that race has nothing to do with it.....because blacks have slow and fast twitch. In the same way that blacks are supposedly having lower IQs....well, there is probably a population of blacks with higher IQs who would dominate intellectually, like East Africans in distance in distance against the then belief that whites dominated slow twitch muscle sports.

Blacks have the greatest genetic diversity of the races.....meaning the population of the black races probably have all the extremes.

I am gracefully bowing out. I have stated all I need to say. Nothing new to add. Just look at my previous post if you have a question or issue....its probably addressed in one of those.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
No....because the THEORY was that whites were blessed with the trait of slow twitch but blacks were not. The fact that East African, who are BLACK, have slow twitch fibers shows that race has nothing to do with it.....because blacks have slow and fast twitch. In the same way that blacks are supposedly having lower IQs....well, there is probably a population of blacks with higher IQs who would dominate intellectually, like East Africans in distance in distance against the then belief that whites dominated slow twitch muscle sports.

Blacks have the greatest genetic diversity of the races.....meaning the population of the black races probably have all the extremes.

I am gracefully bowing out. I have stated all I need to say. Nothing new to add. Just look at my previous post if you have a question or issue....its probably addressed in one of those.
Probably true but the point is biology explains the difference in European and W. African runners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies