Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 08:49 AM

1,153 posts, read 567,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Would you say a woman who decides not get get into an elevator with three men because she feels uncomfortable is a "paranoid idiot"?
I have never not entered a lift with men in it, even strangers. But if a woman was uncomfortable, fine because she would be overpowered in that situation. Women are afraid of being raped and killed, in my eyes that is worse than anything some "snowflake millennial" as you put it, can throw at you. Especially when it's usually a he said/she said situation that goes nowhere legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I'd say your attitude is more naive than disgusting.
I've been in the workplace as a young 20 and 30 something. I wasn't born yesterday.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:50 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I have been falsely accused in my career. I have detailed the event in another discussion and won't bother repeating it now, but I have had the pleasure of seeing the "accusation confers guilt system" up close and personal.

Yes, I escaped with my life and career intact, and yes, my accuser ended up falsely accusing one person too many and got her legal comeuppance (years after what she did to me), but I did indeed have to prove my innocence. I learned a valuable lesson from that experience, and it has served me well ever since - your interactions with women in the workplace will have witnesses, or there will be no interactions.

I drive my car defensively and figure that exactly every driver other than me is a) not paying attention and b) mentally handicapped. This defensive mindset has served me well and as a result, it's been 31 years since I have been in an accident beyond a fender bender where I was at a complete stop and unable to avoid being rear-ended.

Defensive mindsets are a fabulous tool for survival and longevity.

Now, it could be because I did law enforcement, or I spent many years riding a motorcycle, or I was stationed on a fast attack submarine, or even my false accusation episode, but figuring the world sucks and you better keep your head on a swivel just seems to work for me. And I live just fine. In fact, I dare say I prosper if my personal, career and financial lives are any indication.
I learned to drive defensively when I only had my driver's license for a month. I was working for a company in the heart of Chicago, just a mile from Wacker Blvd. Driving around in that kind of rush hour traffic, you do have to assume any driver, at any moment will suddenly veer their car into yours.

So guess I was baptized into it

Those women who seek to ruin people's lives, either for the thrill of it, or out of spite, are kind of like cars in rush hour, they can veer into your life without warning, and ruin your life in an instant.

Sad to say, but that is the way it is. Get nominated to the SCOTUS, or become famous or notable in any way, and some crazy woman, with the "we believe her crowd" behind her, can destroy your reputation and professional career.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:51 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Which is why it's not wise to hire a woman.

"You must believe her" has brought about "You must avoid her".

Kavanaugh is proof that women will be used, and volunteer, to destroy enemies.

We know companies are the enemy of many liberals.
signature line material.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol, what a bunch of pathetic guys. Normal guys who respect women don’t have this problem at the workplace.

Stop talking to women coworkers? Lol How is that even possible? Communication is key in the work place.

I can see how perverted men are paranoid. They should be.
That's easy for you to say, unless you have been in a workplace where this kind of destructive behavior by women is seen and experienced a few times a every year.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I have never not entered a lift with men in it, even strangers. But if a woman was uncomfortable, fine because she would be overpowered in that situation. Women are afraid of being raped and killed, in my eyes that is worse than anything some "snowflake millennial" as you put it, can throw at you. Especially when it's usually a he said/she said situation that goes nowhere legally.
What percentage of woman who get in an elevator with men are sexually assaulted, because if it's low, you're being a hypocrite.

You basically say that since the frequency of men being falsely acvused, they are "paranoid idiots" for avoiding a situation they ferl might harm them.

So if the frequency of women being attacked on an elevator is also low, either they are also "paranoid idiots" or you're being a hypocrite.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Would you say a woman who decides not get get into an elevator with three men because she feels uncomfortable is a "paranoid idiot"?
Depends on what building the elevator is in, what time of day it is, what the description of the men is, etc... so no.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Lol, what a bunch of pathetic guys. Normal guys who respect women don’t have this problem at the workplace.

Stop talking to women coworkers? Lol How is that even possible? Communication is key in the work place.

I can see how perverted men are paranoid. They should be.
I agree.

I know more women who have been made to feel uncomfortable at work than I know men who were falsely accused. I only know one who has been falsely accused.

I would say that this is mostly about chauvinistic, right wing men who are upset that women don't know their place anymore (i.e. in the home) and that they are being asked to take into account other peoples' feelings. They're not used to it.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
So you prefer "guilty until proven innocent" over "innocent until proven guilty"?
The Kavanaugh nomination has proven that is how some people think.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:03 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Nobody said stop talking to women period. What has been said and repeated ad nauseum is to not have conversations alone unless you have a business reason to do so. Don't be alone period, unless there is a business reason to do so (one on one meetings for example). No lunches, no happy hours, etc alone, because there is no business reason for doing so.

Basically, if the interaction doesn't serve a business purpose, don't have it. And if business does demand it, try like heck to make sure witnesses are there. I interact with the women in my office any time a business reason requires it, and almost never when it does not. At work, do work. If you don't need to be alone with a women because of a specific business reason, don't be. It's not real hard to figure out.

And in your personal life, just remember Chris Hardwick and Aziz Ansari and in every situation ask yourself if you have properly covered all your defensive bases, even against the most absurd warping of the current situation? Sure, everything is great and you're nothing but a proper gentleman, but can you prove that tomorrow, beyond any reasonable doubt, to even the most fevered SJW observer? If not, you may want to rethink the current situation and the GTFO of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies