Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2019, 06:04 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,571,680 times

Advertisements

Basically any "official" stories by the government are misleading at best and probably outright false. History is replete with so many various examples of governments lying and misleading the public I don't know why anyone would put any stock in any "official" narrative by ANY government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 08:52 PM

4,219 posts, read 4,475,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
911 was the result of terrorists flying jets into buildings.

You can argue that it was allowed to happen (which I don't believe), but the idea the buildings were brought down via our government is insanity.

Perhaps another with certain leaders complicity?
Art students in WTC using Bomb fuse boxes for an exhibit....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeiHHecxRIo

Follow the missing Pentagon money.Donald Rumsfeld Sep 10th mentioned $2.3 trillion unaccounted for and conveniently the next day a "airplane/missile" destroys the budget office portion of the Pentagon.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/11359717

Last edited by ciceropolo; 09-10-2019 at 09:03 PM..

Old 09-10-2019, 09:30 PM

32,835 posts, read 19,525,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
P

Follow the missing Pentagon money.Donald Rumsfeld Sep 10th mentioned $2.3 trillion unaccounted for and conveniently the next day a "airplane/missile" destroys the budget office portion of the Pentagon.
false

the plane missed the accounting office

and the 2.3 trillion missing..was from the Clinton admin

h please not the missing trillions again

the 2.3 trillion missing has been debunked...the 2.3 trillion missing bull...been debunked thousands of times

did you even READ the about the ''issue''

in the ACCOUNTING for FY 96, 97, 98, 99 of the DOD BUDGET there was RECIEPTS missing and 2.3 trillion was not DOCUMENTED were EXACTLY it was spent

there NEVER was 2.3 t of ACTUAL money missing

fact..2.3 trillion was UNACCOUNTED FOR from the CLINTON ADMIN..

fact they found (accounted for every penny)
oh please you are not going to bring that garbage up again

the money was NEVER missing, just unaccounted in balancing the book during the CLINTON admin...had ZERO to do with Rummy

Read the 1999 DoD audit report. $2.3 TRILLION unaccounted for under the CLINTON admin.

yes it was all accounted for

Quote:
Zakheim Seeks To Corral, Reconcile 'Lost' Spending
By Gerry J. Gilmore American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Feb. 20, 2002 -- As part of military transformation efforts, DoD Comptroller Dov S. Zakheim and his posse of accountants are riding the Pentagon's financial paper trail, seeking to corral billions of dollars in so-called "lost" expenditures.

For years, DoD and congressional officials have sought to reconcile defense financial documents to determine where billions in expenditures have gone. That money didn't fall down a hole, but is simply waiting to be accounted for, Zakheim said in a Feb. 14 interview with the American Forces Information Service. Complicating matters, he said, is that DoD has 674 different computerized accounting, logistics and personnel systems.

Most of the 674 systems "don't talk to one another unless somebody 'translates,'" he remarked. This situation, he added, makes it hard to reconcile financial data.

Billions of dollars of DoD taxpayer-provided money haven't disappeared, Zakheim said. "Missing" expenditures are often reconciled a bit later in the same way people balance their checkbooks every month. The bank closes out a month and sends its bank statement, he said. In the meanwhile, people write more checks, and so they have to reconcile their checkbook register and the statement.

DoD financial experts, Zakheim said, are making good progress reconciling the department's "lost" expenditures, trimming them from a prior estimated total of $2.3 trillion to $700 billion. And, he added, the amount continues to drop.

"We're getting it down and we are redesigning our systems so we'll go down from 600-odd systems to maybe 50," he explained.

"That way, we will give people not so much more money, but a comfort factor, to be sure that every last taxpayer penny is accounted for," he concluded

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Feb2...200202201.html

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article...ntability-plan

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/23/politi...unting-errors/

here is the 09 audit
http://comptroller.defense.gov/Porta...ial_Report.pdf

Old 09-10-2019, 10:45 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,646,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please..the same anti-vaxer ben swann….the same swann, who said the us created isis...yet isis was formed in 1998….

the guy is another alex jones

how about people who were there

from Chief Daniel Nigro

Regarding WTC 7: The long-awaited US Government NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) report on the collapse of WTC 7 is due to be published at the end of this year (although it has been delayed already a few times [ adding fuel to the conspiracy theorists fires!]). That report should explain the cause and mechanics of the collapse in great detail. Early on the afternoon of September 11th 2001, following the collapse of WTC 1 & 2, I feared a collapse of WTC 7 (as did many on my staff).

The reasons are as follows:

1 - Although prior to that day high-rise structures had never collapsed, The collapse of WTC 1 & 2 showed that certain high-rise structures subjected to damage from impact and from fire will collapse.

2. The collapse of WTC 1 damaged portions of the lower floors of WTC 7.

3. WTC 7, we knew, was built on a small number of large columns providing an open Atrium on the lower levels.

4. numerous fires on many floors of WTC 7 burned without sufficient water supply to attack them.

For these reasons I made the decision (without consulting the owner, the mayor or anyone else - as ranking fire officer, that decision was my responsibility) to clear a collapse zone surrounding the building and to (pull) stop all activity within that zone. Approximately three hours after that order was given, WTC 7 collapsed.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit.

Regards, Dan Nigro
Chief of Department FDNY (retired)

-----------------------------
ou DO actually know what "into it's own footprint" means, don't you ?

There has been a variety of posts (supported by photographic evidence) saying that WTC7's debris fell across a wide area, and indeed, struck other buildings.
$1.2 billion worth of damage was done to the Verizon building alone, a large part of which was building 7.

If it had fallen into it's own footprint, it wouldn't have hit anything else.

freefall..would have been 7 seconds...building 7 took 18 seconds from start to finish....not freefall speed

seismic dAta PROVES THIS
Its not totally out of the realm of possibilities, our own Govt toyed around with an idea to stage an attack on US soil, in order to drum up support for going to war with a certain nation a couple decades ago (Operation Northwoods)

Amnerican citizens would have been killed during this operation and it would all be blamed on this 'enemy' nation!

Old 09-11-2019, 05:43 AM

15,113 posts, read 8,663,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, absolutely shocking that a person who worked at the WTC for 20 years, was inside the buildings and experienced both attacks, and then worked on the rebuilding would have an interest in threads about 9/11.

But I find it interesting that YOU always show up in these threads, "GuyNTexas".

I know the 2/26/93 FBI story. And the alternative stories. Do I know what the truth is? Nope, and neither do you. You're just another garden-variety Internet conspiracy fan who is easily convinced of anything you read that supports what you want to believe, and from the things you've said in the past--not actually the truther stuff, but basic info about the buildings or the cleanup and recovery--I'm pretty sure you've never set foot in the NYC metropolitan area, let alone have ever been to the WTC.

I know how it works, hon. My own brother tells me that I didn't see or hear or experience what I saw and heard and experienced that day or what I know from the work I did. What I say can't be right, because he read differently on the Interwebz.

I'm not trying to convince people like you or my brother. Just providing info for serious people who are genuinely interested in the events of the day.

Have a good one.
You’re making a number of faulty assumptions, and mixing irrelevant facts. Whether you did or did not work at the WTC for 20 years is totally irrelevant to the points I raised, which you did not bother to address. I don’t care if you were a welder who constructed the building. Irrelevant. As to the assumption that I’ve never been there is also irrelevant, and quite inaccurate too. I’m from the East Coast, and have been to NYC many times, including the WTC ... which is also irrelevant.

What is relevant are actual facts, and not emotional pleas, or appeals to authority, which seem to make up the majority of content from your point of view descriptions.

Fact 1)the video footage of the plane flying through the South Tower as if it were passing through thin air is a fraud/fake composite. This is not an opinion that I “read on the interwebz” but a fact I analyzed personally, with footage taken directly from CNN, and scrutinized on my own film editing system, with a 5 time Emmy award winning film editor. To be completely fair, that ordinarily would not be irrefutable proof of anything other than the footage being fake, and would not prove that a plane didn’t smash into the building ... only that the film showing such an event was not real. However, given that the footage was captured “live” in real time, does indeed prove the event was staged ahead of time, because it takes a great deal of time to construct composite film footage like that. This proves that a conspiracy involving a significant number of people was indeed in the works, before, during and afterward.

Fact 2)the narrative involving the jets, their speed, and their maneuvering is total nonsense. Those planes are incapable of the performance claimed. 500 mph is not possible at sea level .... the engines cannot produce enough thrust to achieve anywhere close to that velocity at sea level, nor could the airframes of those planes withstand the stress. Before those planes could achieve 400 mph, they would be shedding parts and dropping out of the sky. Totally impossible to maintain attitude at those speeds .... one former United Pilot insisted that he could not have executed such maneuvers, and he was absolutely certain an inexperienced “terrorist hijacker” couldn’t do it. Furthermore, to illustrate the difficulty, a group of commercial airline pilots who were stranded at a recertification training center when all US air traffic was grounded, tried to recreate the events in a simulator. NONE of them could do it. Their flight training instructor couldn’t do it in a 737 simulator, which is a more maneuverable aircraft than the 757/767 types. The instructor had to slow the plane down to near landing speed (half of the speed claimed for the hijacked aircraft), and it still took him 10 attempts before he was successful in striking the simulated building. Nevertheless, we are supposed to believe that two inexperienced hijackers were both able to accomplish what seasoned commercial pilots were unable to do, all the while doing so as they exceeded the physical capabilities of the aircraft. Total nonsense. An absolute fairytale of epic proportions.

Fact 3)Subsequent footage of the jet impact that surfaced later showed different angles of the impact. One angle showed a fully formed “nose” of the jet emerging out of the back of the building, again, with no reduction in velocity, challenging both the laws of physics and common sense, as we are expected to believe that an aluminum and composite material aircraft could cut through steel and concrete, while its nose remained intact. That is laughable nonsense.

Now these three are just scratching the surface regarding the countless questionable and nonsensical claims made about the events of September 11.

Whether you did or did not work at the WTC for 20 years makes absolutely no difference, one way or the other, relative to these facts.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:50 AM

15,113 posts, read 8,663,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It was not a columnar design. The strength of the building was actually in its exterior structure, a very novel and less expensive means of skyscraper construction.

To place the charges for a controlled demolition would have taken months and would have been obvious to the people working there
This must be kept secret. Demolition companies around the world would be in grave jeopardy if word got out that what takes them months to plan and successfully execute could be substituted by setting the buildings on fire, and waiting a few hours.

But I find it rather amusing to hear these anecdotes about how the design structure of the buildings were conducive to the collapse by fire scenario, when the Towers and Building 7 were vastly different designs. Note the two towers were indeed “columnar” design, and reinforced by the outer steel structure, covering both design philosophies.

Nevertheless, all of these talking points serve as a distraction to the more pertinent point of such an obvious staged event.

First, we have the first tower allegedly hit by a plane .... this draws all of the media attention and cameras into focus on the smoking burning building .... then, as if on cue, a second plane hits the second tower, captured on live TV? (Biggest problem here is that the footage shown is as phony as a three dollar bill). This is then followed moments later by the implanted narrative.... as if by magic, and before either of the buildings had collapsed, every news room had an expert singing the same sad tune .... the Osama Bin Laden blues. How trite. No matter what channel you turned to, it was the same song ... Osama Bin Laden, yep, he’s the one, the boogeyman story has begun .... while few ever heard of him before 911, he was known by all as the mastermind, before bedtime that night. He was identified (successfully) as the prime suspect, in less than a half hour!! Who needs Sherlock Holmes when we have CNN analysts who had the whole thing figured out before lunch?

Fishy ain’t even close to describing this story.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:52 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,044,045 times
Anyway its 18 years now. Respect for those who needlessly lost their lives and those fireman, police and volunteers who did their duty.

Be it any attack, the common folk end up being collateral.

Even yesterday there were only 2 minutes left, yet Texans could come back from nowhere, miss a shot to tie the game, tie it, go ahead and yet lose the game with 30 seconds left. May be people need drama

Old 09-11-2019, 07:38 AM

235 posts, read 356,420 times
For those interested, there is a news conference by the NY Fire District that is calling for a new investigation into 9-11.... in about 20 minutes. It's being recorded live.

First Responders Urge Congress to Reopen 9/11 Investigation — Sept. 11, 2019 News Conference

"On the 18th anniversary of the September 11th attacks, 9/11 first responder Christopher Gioia, a commissioner of the Franklin Square and Munson Fire District in New York, will announce the launch of the “Justice for 9/11 Heroes” campaign at a news conference to be held at the National Press Club at 10 AM EDT.
In July, Commissioner Gioia and the four other commissioners of their fire district unanimously approved a resolution calling for a new investigation into the September 11th attacks. Two of the other commissioners are suffering chronic health effects from working at Ground Zero, and one of the department’s members, Thomas J. Hetzel, who was also a member of the FDNY, was killed in the line of duty that day.
The Franklin Square and Munson Fire District is now spearheading efforts throughout New York State and across the country to unite the fire service behind their call for Congress to reopen the 9/11 investigation. The congressional inquiry they are seeking would be conducted in parallel with the ongoing grand jury investigation initiated by U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Geoffrey Berman."

https://www.ae911truth.org/news/563-news-conference-first-responders-urge-congress-to-reopen-9-11-investigation?fbclid=IwAR0APepvrbcf-MSnhC7yj0RmAl7hegRU4t3KyWX7NR48PGtpAwOfwS6vsAM

Press Conference Live Stream: Starts at 10am ET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLW0_wCYyqY

Old 09-11-2019, 10:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,646,117 times
I agree about having another investigation done, but I do not believe govt should have ANY part in it, and NO ONE even connected to Govt, or law enforcement should be involved.

Old 09-11-2019, 02:08 PM

32,835 posts, read 19,525,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You’re making a number of faulty assumptions, and mixing irrelevant facts. Whether you did or did not work at the WTC for 20 years is totally irrelevant to the points I raised, which you did not bother to address. I don’t care if you were a welder who constructed the building. Irrelevant. As to the assumption that I’ve never been there is also irrelevant, and quite inaccurate too. I’m from the East Coast, and have been to NYC many times, including the WTC ... which is also irrelevant.

What is relevant are actual facts, and not emotional pleas, or appeals to authority, which seem to make up the majority of content from your point of view descriptions.

Fact 1)the video footage of the plane flying through the South Tower as if it were passing through thin air is a fraud/fake composite. This is not an opinion that I “read on the interwebz” but a fact I analyzed personally, with footage taken directly from CNN, and scrutinized on my own film editing system, with a 5 time Emmy award winning film editor. To be completely fair, that ordinarily would not be irrefutable proof of anything other than the footage being fake, and would not prove that a plane didn’t smash into the building ... only that the film showing such an event was not real. However, given that the footage was captured “live” in real time, does indeed prove the event was staged ahead of time, because it takes a great deal of time to construct composite film footage like that. This proves that a conspiracy involving a significant number of people was indeed in the works, before, during and afterward.

Fact 2)the narrative involving the jets, their speed, and their maneuvering is total nonsense. Those planes are incapable of the performance claimed. 500 mph is not possible at sea level .... the engines cannot produce enough thrust to achieve anywhere close to that velocity at sea level, nor could the airframes of those planes withstand the stress. Before those planes could achieve 400 mph, they would be shedding parts and dropping out of the sky. Totally impossible to maintain attitude at those speeds .... one former United Pilot insisted that he could not have executed such maneuvers, and he was absolutely certain an inexperienced “terrorist hijacker” couldn’t do it. Furthermore, to illustrate the difficulty, a group of commercial airline pilots who were stranded at a recertification training center when all US air traffic was grounded, tried to recreate the events in a simulator. NONE of them could do it. Their flight training instructor couldn’t do it in a 737 simulator, which is a more maneuverable aircraft than the 757/767 types. The instructor had to slow the plane down to near landing speed (half of the speed claimed for the hijacked aircraft), and it still took him 10 attempts before he was successful in striking the simulated building. Nevertheless, we are supposed to believe that two inexperienced hijackers were both able to accomplish what seasoned commercial pilots were unable to do, all the while doing so as they exceeded the physical capabilities of the aircraft. Total nonsense. An absolute fairytale of epic proportions.

Fact 3)Subsequent footage of the jet impact that surfaced later showed different angles of the impact. One angle showed a fully formed “nose” of the jet emerging out of the back of the building, again, with no reduction in velocity, challenging both the laws of physics and common sense, as we are expected to believe that an aluminum and composite material aircraft could cut through steel and concrete, while its nose remained intact. That is laughable nonsense.

Now these three are just scratching the surface regarding the countless questionable and nonsensical claims made about the events of September 11.

Whether you did or did not work at the WTC for 20 years makes absolutely no difference, one way or the other, relative to these facts.

I really don't care about you saying that YOU analyzed cnn footage....there are people here who saw it live ...not on video, but right before our own eyes...

please stop with the "no plane, mass hypnosis" nonsense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies