Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 03:04 PM

3,359 posts, read 1,241,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Obamanomics was a dud. Women obviously don't approve of it, as evidence by the record low birthrates in the USA. Soyboys and snowflakes are pretty comfortable playing video games in their parent's basement though, free of any responsibilities or commitments in life. If they are lucky, they can hook up with a bread winner gal who will subsidize their pathetic lifestyle. I guess that's what "winning" means if you are a lefty beta male wimp.
I totally agree with you but the young men I know of (son’s of coworkers and friends) as you describe are loser conservatives with little higher education, stagnant jobs and no girlfriends. The guys climbing the career ladder tend to be more liberal.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:06 PM

3,097 posts, read 1,566,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Decline of Western civilization...

So how's that feminism and "women's rights" working for ya???
Its working great! No reason to get married anymore.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:17 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,110,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
“Most American women hope to marry but current shortages of marriageable men—men with a stable job and a good income—make this increasingly difficult, especially in the current gig economy of unstable low-paying service jobs,” said lead author Daniel T. Lichter, PhD, of Cornell University. “Marriage is still based on love, but it also is fundamentally an economic transaction. Many young men today have little to bring to the marriage bargain, especially as young women’s educational levels on average now exceed their male suitors.”

I don't see a problem with women hoping to marry a man with a stable job and a good income.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:19 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,110,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Unsurprisingly the liberals hatred of men has consequences.
Women have always wanted to find a man with a stable job and a good income. How is this different than it ever was?

Old 09-07-2019, 03:21 PM

47,036 posts, read 26,117,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Decline of Western civilization...

So how's that feminism and "women's rights" working for ya???
Working pretty well for the women, AFAICT. They can build successful lives for themselves and don't have to latch on to a bread-winning man to merely get by.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:24 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,036,869 times
Maybe men and women are looking at the high divorce rates and deciding marriage isn’t worth it. Or maybe women are realizing they don’t need marriage anymore to be financially stable because they have been doing it on their own with more access to education and jobs than they used to have. They can get by without marriage or are delaying it to get stable careers first.

But no, it’s way more fun to make it sexist against women. Classic CD.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:31 PM

39,122 posts, read 51,371,476 times
No surprise here. Women historically married for financial security. These days, there are so many more women coming out of colleges and getting the high paying jobs while the men fail to launch, never get educated beyond HS, play video games all day and night, drink, do drugs, and generally act like losers. My daughter has this issue in her life and do most of her friends.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:39 PM

33,327 posts, read 12,634,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Impossible. I'be been informed from the very highest levels of government that Americans are "loaded up with money".

‘You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Dane_in_LA again’

Old 09-07-2019, 03:46 PM

18,500 posts, read 15,312,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
In this day and age it’s more that women like men who will be equal partners in financially supporting and raising kids. And any man worth marrying will want the same from his wife.
Hmm. I guess I’m just an ass who is not worth marrying because I wanted my wife to do whatever makes her happy.

She wanted to be a stay at home mom. She can go to work any time she wants to. Since I love her, all I want for her, is for her to be happy. I have more than enough to support her and our 3 kids, so why should I care if we are “equal partners in financially supporting and raising our kids”?

This makes me “not worth marrying”?

Old 09-07-2019, 03:52 PM

18,500 posts, read 15,312,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
I totally agree with you but the young men I know of (son’s of coworkers and friends) as you describe are loser conservatives with little higher education, stagnant jobs and no girlfriends. The guys climbing the career ladder tend to be more liberal.
Maybe, but only until they get up the ladder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies