Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2019, 08:22 PM

73,076 posts, read 62,706,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Another great post, yes things have changed a lot. My kid did something over the line 6 years or so ago in jr. high and the principal called me. I could sense the apprehension in her voice expecting me to argue with her and then I was like "yes that was uncalled for, they will get additional punishment at home" she sounded stunned by my response which is what I hear from my relatives that teach.

I think schools are better now about bullying in general. I'm older than you and I did stuff that would get ya suspended these days with just detentions.
Yep, it's been a while since I've been in high school or middle school. People who were born when I started middle school are old enough to drink today.

When I got in trouble, my parents didn't go up to the school with the mentality of "my child didn't do anything wrong". I lost my temper in school one day, in front of my math teacher. The teacher didn't call the principal, she called my father. I was never suspended or given detention for it, but I did have to face my father. My father was like "you are going to go back to school tomorrow and apologize to your math teacher". I went back and apologized. I was held accountable by both the teacher, and my parents. This was back in the early 2000s. It never heard of a teacher being apprehensive about calling another child's parents.

I don't know if schools are better about bullying. I can certainly speak about what I remember growing up. There was certainly alot of bullying going on. How kids got punished varied. When I was going to school, you COULD get suspended for things you said. I got "in school suspension" for cursing another girl out. This didn't happen in a liberal school system. It was in a conservative, Republican county, and it was the late 1990s.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:22 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,889,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Violent children are more needy than children with parents who know how to resolve conflict. Students who are ready to learn content have most of their emotional needs met at home and in the community. Violent children cannot learn content until emotional needs are met. Most people don't know how to undo an upbringing where the parents are incompetent especially when a teacher has to teach content to 20 plus students.

They continue the violence in the schools because, as you said, they would cause problems in the streets. So they still have a place to go despite their behavior.
But the root cause or at least a main component of being a bad child and a bad parent are hereditarian. You can't fix heredity. I mean you could fix it over time and several generations but it would require drastic measures.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
That policy doesn't exist here.

I hear that teaching pays poorly so I think getting another job is an option. My mom used to work for Walmart. She hated it because of how poorly the customers treated her.
I know one woman who was an elementary school teacher. She had to get a second job. Eventually she got married and quit teaching. Wal-Mart is one place I hope I never work at. It's definitely a place I don't want to shop, especially at night.

I used to work in customer service. I hated doing it.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodesia View Post
They appear to be doing a great job of that themselves with all of the killing they engage in on a daily basis. The bleeding heart saga is beyond getting old at this point. You appear to be more interested in labeling everyone racist or hateful for stating facts, stats, and personal observations than actually addressing the problems your communities face.
And guess what. I'm not cheering it on. I'm one of those who wants the killing to stop. You seem to delight in Black people killing themselves off. I base this on a post that you made. You citing statistics does not make you racist. The reason that you do so is what makes you a racist.

And you live in Poland. Until you live in the USA, who are you to tell me what I should do? What do you expect me to do other than be a law-abiding citizen and work for a living? Answers!!

Old 09-09-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Maybe it was the only place that offered them a teaching position because of policy of putting white teachers in diverse school and diverse teachers in white schools? I agree they shouldn't work there if they have another option.
Black teacher being terrorized by Black students. Sounds like it isn't just White teachers being terrorized. That Black woman did what she was supposed to. That's why she's a teacher. Sounds like a violent underclass problem to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D8wksBOiy0

Old 09-09-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Violent children are more needy than children with parents who know how to resolve conflict. Students who are ready to learn content have most of their emotional needs met at home and in the community. Violent children cannot learn content until emotional needs are met. Most people don't know how to undo an upbringing where the parents are incompetent especially when a teacher has to teach content to 20 plus students.

They continue the violence in the schools because, as you said, they would cause problems in the streets. So they still have a place to go despite their behavior.
When violent students are beating teachers and other students, I think the first priority should be protecting those students and teachers from violence. Those violent kids are making it hard for other kids to learn. Violent kids need to be held accountable for their actions. And the parents also need to held accountable.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:48 PM

2,923 posts, read 980,219 times
This is radiation indentured servant

Old 09-09-2019, 08:52 PM

7,597 posts, read 4,172,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But the root cause or at least a main component of being a bad child and a bad parent are hereditarian. You can't fix heredity. I mean you could fix it over time and several generations but it would require drastic measures.
Bad parents and bad children are the result of poor conflict resolution skills. Skills are taught and learned and that can happen in one generation.

Are schools responsible for teaching conflict resolution skills if the parents don't teach it or if the parents teach that hitting is a way to get what you want?

And I wanted to get back to diverse schools. The main reason there is conflict in diverse schools is because of the different ways cultures resolve conflict. If we can agree to resolve conflict using one process, we probably won't see all these issues. Just for the record, religion is not an option to resolve conflict. Now, somebody commented on how violence is also not an option. Okay. So then why do cops walk around with guns in schools?

Old 09-09-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodesia View Post
Typical black dysfunction apologist. Again, calling us all racists and assigning motivations to why we state the facts is all just timeless deflection that solves nothing. If enough whites were aware of the actual crime stats and decided it was enough, there would be some very drastic and uncomfortable change.

It's possible that Mexicans will become the majority in the near future and if racial tensions in California between them and blacks are any indication... then I doubt they'll be as nice about the situation.
Really? Prove that I'm an apologist for the dysfunction. Better yet, answer the questions I've asked. If you're not going to answer, then go somewhere else. Again, answer the questions instead of dodging them.

You live in Poland, not the USA. How is this YOUR problem?

What do you expect me to do about the crime problems in predominantly Black inner city ghettos, especially considering that I don't even live in those areas, and I've never grown up in those areas? What do you expect me to do other than be a law abiding citizen, pay my taxes, and call the police on criminals?

And a third question: What drastic changes do you mean? And should I be in favor of those changes?

And by the way, I'm quite aware of the racial tensions between Blacks and Mexicans in California. I've known about it for years. Tell me something I don't know.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,889,932 times
Quote:
Bad parents and bad children are the result of poor conflict resolution skills. Skills are taught and learned and that can happen in one generation.

Are schools responsible for teaching conflict resolution skills if the parents don't teach it or if the parents teach that hitting is a way to get what you want?

And I wanted to get back to diverse schools. The main reason there is conflict in diverse schools is because of the different ways cultures resolve conflict. If we can agree to resolve conflict using one process, we probably won't see all these issues. Just for the record, religion is not an option to resolve conflict. Now, somebody commented on how violence is also not an option. Okay. So then why do cops walk around with guns in schools?
Being a good parent or child is just an innate and instinctive or hereditarian thing. As is being a bad parent and child is mostly hereditary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies