Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 04:59 AM

2 posts, read 580 times

Advertisements

we are not inrest to this, we can't access and i am not suggested
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 05:11 AM

59,083 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
This post need to be taken down
"This post need to be taken down"

Why? Because you can't handle the truth. They typical lefty reply. Try to silence ANY and ALL dissenting opinions.

The question was asked and I gave MULTIPLE examples that give DIRECT reasons why a gun might be needed.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
And this, my friends and fans, is the problem in the USA and why it leads the developed world, by far, in gun deaths.

No, you DON'T need a gun for self-defense. That mindset alone causes more deaths than any other American country other than Brazil.

Brazil (43 200 deaths), the United States (37 200 deaths), Mexico (15 400 deaths), Colombia (13 300 deaths), Venezuela (12 800 deaths), and Guatemala (5090 deaths ).

Source: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2698492

Remember when Trump referred to those countries as SH..hole countries? Well, by this measure, the US fits right in there near the front of the pack.

The fear instilled by 2A proponents of "needing a gun for self-defence, becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

My guns are for 2, 3 and sometimes 4.
"No, you DON'T need a gun for self-defense." A gun is better then a lot of other choices.

Didn't read my post I see, where a woman was walking to her car and a man withs a tire iron attempted to attcked her. What would ave better then a gun for her to protect herself?

A gun is a BIG equalizer.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think you need to expand your question BB. It is not whether we should HAVE a gun, it is whether we should own CERTAIN guns. We can't seem to get through to you gun nuts that you can have sensible guns, but assault type weapons should never be in the hands of Joe Average. They only serve one purpose, and that purpose is not good.
We can't seem to get through to you ANTI-gun nuts that you know NOTHING about guns. Repeatedly using terms like "assault type weapons", IMMEDIATELY gets you ignored and stops any possible chance of having "reasonable" discussions about guns and gun use.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:31 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I am not a paranoid yet. It impossible to underestimate the levels of paranoia in the richest country on Earth. Does mass paranoia feed on mass gun ownership? And then I do not buy into mythology of gun ownership, all that fighting tyranny crap. I see a gun more like a drug infused pacifier helping powerless people to create an illusion of power and autonomy in their minds. Gunless Americans would not tolerate things armed to their teeth Americans tolerate because those illusions would not be there.

Well, that's one interpretation.

Me, it goes, if delusional in a way, another way.

Because I carry a gun, there's a host of professionalism, of discipline. We've already covered the need to be perfect in other posts, so no reason to go there again. There are the detox clocks, of the hours between bottle to throttle. There's the full combat suite where practically everything serves some function in the fighting me. There's the pride in being a security professional. Then there is the ability to achieve a dead calm, both of being able to put rounds on target and to achieve my max energy state by out accelerating my opponent and to get there without anger and under control.

After all, as someone once noted, "Last night, even relaxed and leaning against a wall, there was a certain degree of prowess to you.".

Old 09-09-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
On a thread about guns, I discuss gun deaths. If you want to hear my opinion about someone drowning in a pool then feel free to start a thread about it and maybe I will chime in.
"On a thread about guns, I discuss gun deaths." The PURPOSE of threads about guns from ANTI-gunners is ALWAYS to talk about deaths.

Funny we NEVER see thread about OTHER deaths, like swimming pools and cars which have MORE deaths then guns.

" If you want to hear my opinion about someone drowning in a pool then feel free to start a thread about it"

Why haven't YOU stated a thread on swimming pool deaths?

So again, are you concerned about deaths, or ONLY gun deaths?

Old 09-09-2019, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
No defects here. But I would suggest that some people who do own guns may have defects of their own, such as an unwarranted sense of paranoia, that others are out to "get" them. Another defect may havea Walter Mitty complex in which they fancy themselves a Dirty Harry type of person. And then there is the defect that some gun owners may have that they perceive that those who don't own guns are themselves defective. I believe psychologists call this projection.

But all in all I am sure that most gun owners are quite normal people, just like the fact that those who don't own guns are quite normal people.
"may have", "may have", "may have" again, can be applied to EVERYTHING.

A car drive "may have" a premonition to kill people. Should be ban all cars because of a "may be"?

The world does not work on "may be"!

Old 09-09-2019, 05:48 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
I don't own one because the crime rate is extremely low, and I have never heard of a gun crime in my town. And I don't hunt.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:01 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What reasonable and rational inquiry and investigation, determines why you personally should not have a gun?

Can you think of any reasons, why you personally should not own a firearm?
I am not Military or Police or a Gangster. And not scared.

I fully trust USA(Law Enforcement) & God.

Right to bear arms may be my right. Right to kill poor animals is not my right.

To all those gun and revolution lovers - The days of sword and guns are gone. If you want to do revolution, learn Python or Linux

Old 09-09-2019, 06:27 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
The only reason I should not own a gun is if that gun is in poor/dangerous condition and cannot be fixed.

Otherwise It will go into my collection and to the range often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies