Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 08:05 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,093,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I was in Georgetown at the time. News came that a plane had hit and I thought it might be like when that B-29 crashed into the Empire State Building. ........

B-25.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1945_E...ing_B-25_crash
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 08:08 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,975,967 times
High school in New York. Would have been in math or science, forget the rotation and we finally found out when I was in French. That said two days before, I remember seeing the bridges from the Throg's Neck Bridge on the way home from a weekend upstate. The next time I went about two weekends after, it was still smoking from ground zero.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:13 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,904,836 times
I had just walked into the one restaurant in my town. I was going to order breakfast and someone came running in and literally yelled a plane just flew into the trade centers. For few days all Americans wept for the people who were killed by terrorists.

No Congress woman Omar, It wasn't some people did something on 9/11. It was Muslim terrorists who killed thousands of innocent people on 9/11. It was muslim terrorists who chose civilian targets. It was muslims who celebrated the ultimate act of cowardice. It wasn't just somebody, it was muslim terrorists.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:17 AM

17,665 posts, read 17,822,415 times
At work (a major local hospital) Security was stepped up. The maintenance department had to ensure all their doors to their mechanical rooms were locked and in good working order. These rooms provided access to the ventilation systems. Local utility services (electric, water, gas, and communications) also stepped up security.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:18 AM

63,123 posts, read 29,304,690 times
At home getting ready for work. As I saw the story unfold on TV I went out to our pool and literally wept.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,251,364 times
On my way to work just cresting a bridge over the intercoastal waterway. As soon as I got there I started multiple pots of coffee, turned on all of the TVs, and opened the doors early for the dozen people that were already standing there. I don't think we did more than a couple of hundred dollars in food sales that day. The bar was packed with people drinking coffee and watching the news all day.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:28 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,093,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I had just walked into the one restaurant in my town. I was going to order breakfast and someone came running in and literally yelled a plane just flew into the trade centers. For few days all Americans wept for the people who were killed by terrorists.

No Congress woman Omar, It wasn't some people did something on 9/11. It was Muslim terrorists who killed thousands of innocent people on 9/11. It was muslim terrorists who chose civilian targets. It was muslims who celebrated the ultimate act of cowardice. It wasn't just somebody, it was muslim terrorists.
Hmmmm, this sort of reminds me when Menachem Begin announced that he would not hold meetings with terrorists......and the other side countered by bringing up the King David Hotel bombing.

Hence, I would mention a lesson from POW interrogation and that is, be very sure of the back ground one speaks of. Otherwise, one's interrogator might use the gaps of one's knowledge to confuse and eventually turn one against their own side.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:30 AM

11,161 posts, read 10,744,675 times
Driving across I70 in Illinois, on my way to start my delivery route. Listening to KMOX out of St. Louis when the news broke in to announce the first plane hitting. Then they were broken in on to announce the second plane. First thing I did was stop and call my wife.

Oddly, what I remember most about that period was the silence. We lived a mile or two from Lambert Field at the time (STL) and I’d never realized before how loud the airport was. During the no fly period, it was almost eerie to be outside without the background rumble.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:30 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,904,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Hmmmm, this sort of reminds me when Menachem Begin announced that he would not hold meetings with terrorists......and the other side countered by bringing up the King David Hotel bombing.

Hence, I would mention a lesson from POW interrogation and that is, be very sure of the back ground one speaks of. Otherwise, one's interrogator might use the gaps of one's knowledge to confuse and eventually turn one against their own side.
Please, by all means expand upon your point.
Are you insinuating that it wasn't muslims, that they didn't target innocent civilians or that thousands weren't killed, or that it wasn't a cowardly act?

My point is that Omar intentionally said some people did something on 9/11 in an attempt to deflect from the fact that we all know who did it., Muslim terrorists. If I misunderstood your point I apologize.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:36 AM

15,885 posts, read 21,499,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

After 9/11, one of my closest friends woke up to bacon all over her family's cars. They were Iranian refugees who are Muslim in the way that most Americans are Christian. It was the first time I was ashamed to be American at the ripe old age of 14 at a time when Americans should have been banding together.

Yes, it was Muslim terrorists. A handful of people out of millions. They're no more representative of Islam in America than the Christians who attack synagogues or abortion clinics. Shame on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies