Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 12:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I wonder why these lefty liberals and ethnocentrics keep focusing on who's going to pay for the wall rather than our national security? The taxpayer had to fund the flimsy fences built under Obama and nary a peep out of them on that. Hmm.
I know! Can you believe all of those lefty liberals at the Trump rallies chanting that Mexico was going to pay for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 12:14 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I hope not. That will interfere and harm the wildlife, who have to traverse the area for food and water. Some will die without the water resources.

The earth, the environment, the circle of life, trumps everything, in my book. Especially when there are alternatives that don't kill the earth or its creatures (including us).
It's nonsense that it will harm wildlife and since when is wildlife more important that the safety and security of human beings anyway? There is no alternative to securing our border than with good physical barriers in places where it is feasible. It's not like we're going to build a wall along our entire border, you know. Excuses, excuses that's all we hear from the anti-wall people with an agenda.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:14 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Why don't democrats start a campaign to take in the illegals and feed them if they so support them coming here.. action speaks louder than words. Pelosi could take in dozens in her home.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:16 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
That's course of action #1. For Mexico.

The sentence right after that says:

"There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall including the following:"

What follows after is the description at least 5 other ways that Mexico will be forced to pay for the wall.

What are your questions?
"Compelled to pay for the wall" as in, one-time payment.

Trump's campaign can't write, but his followers evidently can't read, so I guess it evens out.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:17 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Why don't democrats start a campaign to take in the illegals and feed them if they so support them coming here.. action speaks louder than words. Pelosi could take in dozens in her home.
At $750 per night, as in the camps? Dude, sign me up! I'll take 10.

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
What they're not telling you is the numbers have decreased because there IS less work.

Writing is on the wall. Trump waffled and asked for negative interest rates and at the same time pushed back on tariffs that were supposed to start on Oct 1st because of China's big holiday. Can we appear any weaker??

The number of people apprehended along the southern border fell by 61 percent between this year's high point in May and the end of August. In Yuma, it fell by 86 percent, according to government figures. Most people apprehended are either traveling as families or are unaccompanied children.
Illegal crossings always plummet during the summer months because of the heat, duh. What difference does it make if they are families and/or unaccompanied children? We don't want them here illegally nor making bogus asylum claims to get into our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I know! Can you believe all of those lefty liberals at the Trump rallies chanting that Mexico was going to pay for it?
Keeping the illegals off the welfare roles will pay for it easily.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
At $750 per night, as in the camps? Dude, sign me up! I'll take 10.
They are broke.. them come here for the freebies.. don't you know?

Old 09-12-2019, 12:19 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Personally if i were an illegal and wanted to come to America a wall wouldnt slow me down one bit as my method of entry would not involve dealing with a wall.
Yes it would. It would make it a whole lot more difficult for you to cross.

Also once the word spreads back home it will cut back on the flow.

Walls do work.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:21 PM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
Spending money on building a wall in a failing economy is like trying to sell a horse and carriage at a Ford dealership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies