Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 06:22 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Good grief. Again, they are not there to talk about sex. Repeatedly I've said if they were that would be wrong.

If they are there to talk about combating bullying LGBT kids(one of the given topics), what problem do you have with that?
Why do we need a special group to talk about bullying? Bullying is wrong no matter the reason, so where is the need for a special LGBT bullying conference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 06:23 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The late Harvey Milk used to play on that myth by introducing himself, "I'm Harvey Milk, and I'm here to convert you."

Seriously, like you said, the 'phobes here are just mouthing nonsense, fear and hysteria.
No one is afraid of gay people. No "phobes" here.

Not agreeing with something doesn't mean you are afraid of it.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:33 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
I'm not afraid of height, but walking the Tightrope is not for me.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:33 PM

17,305 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I have met lesbians that have told me, yes, flat out that the CHOSE to be gay. Because of bad experiences with men.

So yes, some people absolutely 100% can be 'triggered' YOUR word, into being gay.
So you agree that you could be talked into being homosexual?

Or maybe they were bisexual and made a choice?

Old 09-16-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:

They were quite clear about it being a choice. Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative. /shrug/

When people are emotionally damaged, they can be talked into ANYTHING. And who is most likely to be at a stage of development that is very emotionally trying? Middle schoolers.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:42 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:

"bisexual and made a choice"
Most likely.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"bisexual and made a choice"
Most likely.
Nope, not what they said.

Again, I understand that it does not fit the narrative that you want.

When people are emotionally damaged, their choices reflect that.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
To think stories like this are why some people favor home school!
Yeah. Cause that fixes EVERYTHING. Like that Duggar boy. Such a fine young man, homeschooled, and diddling his sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Yet another story about K-12 students being taught to question their identity and sexuality. Such a sick agenda. Better see what your kids are being "taught" in school. Now Cal Berkeley is offering college credit to go indoctrinate middle schoolers with this agenda.......

Article
The article specifically referenced MIDDLE SCHOOLERS which is very different from K-12.

They are probably trying to save some young lives but you don't give a chit about gay teens/pre-teens.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:20 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Nope, not what they said.

Again, I understand that it does not fit the narrative that you want.

When people are emotionally damaged, their choices reflect that.
I have no narrative other than to state that people and sexuality come in all sorts of flavors. Some people are Asexual, most are Hetero, some are gay, some are bi, some choose, some dont, some people adapt the sexual preference based on who they fall in love with, and some just do whoever is in front of them. All kinds.

Many, I find strange as hell, but they can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't effect anyone else.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:12 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Imagine if a heterosexual sex discussion was pushed on middle school kids. OH how the LGBTasjdbfkahjsbfvbadkbgafd community would be out in force railing against it.

But if they do it? It's perfectly OK.

Seriously: Imagine if a 20 year old man started talking to 12 year old girls about having sex. In the public school. For college credit. He'd be arrested.

So why is it OK if LGBTakshjdbfahsdfbg do the same?
Because they are in power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies