Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2019, 10:28 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
-you
Greatest answer ever lol

Old 09-14-2019, 10:30 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
The pain from losing a loved one during a mass shooting never stops.

Quote:
One of the first things Tom Mauser did when he learned that two mass shootings had killed more than 30 people within 24 hours was warn his wife not to turn on the television.
Quote:
“You feel like your heart is bleeding in every new shooting,” says Nicole Hockley, whose 6-year-old son Dylan was killed in the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.
Quote:
In the months after her son was killed, out of routine, Hockley still called Dylan to dinner, still looked in her car’s rear view mirror to see his face in the car seat and still reached for his hand when she crossed the street. “These things become part of your daily life,” she says, “and suddenly there’s only space where that person once was."

https://time.com/5644751/mass-shootings-families-grief/

Old 09-14-2019, 10:31 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What was that woman doing in that situation in the first place??
How "good" of a woman was she, really? hmm? I mean, honestly. No woman needs a gun to protect herself. And if she says she does, she is just a total paranoid freak. Must suck to live in such fear all the time!! /s.
Wow the old. Blaim the victim reply. Your sick.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:32 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Wow the old. Blaim the victim reply. Your sick.
Please look up what a sarc tag is.

Edit: OR, better yet, put one on your post for those of us who don't know your posting history.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:34 AM

17,629 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I think I'll go with the researchers at Harvard University and Northeastern University ahead of a "spokesperson" for a gun club. Thanks anyway.
To sacrifice first?

Old 09-14-2019, 10:34 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
By Dennis A. Henigan

The American people can overcome the gun lobby, but only if we confront, and expose, three myths that have long dominated the gun debate and given the politicians a ready excuse for inaction.

First, we must not let the opponents of reform get away with the empty bromide that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." Does any rational person really believe that the Sandy Hook killer could have murdered twenty-seven people in minutes with a knife or a baseball bat? Guns enable people to kill, more effectively and efficiently than any other widely available weapon.

Second, we must challenge the idea that no law can prevent violent people from getting guns. This canard is refuted by the experience of every other western industrialized nation. Their violent crime rates are comparable to ours. But their homicide rates are exponentially lower because their strong gun laws make it harder for violent individuals to get guns.

Third, we must not accept the notion that our Constitution condemns us to the continued slaughter of our children. It is true that the Supreme Court has expanded gun rights in recent years; it is equally true that the Court has insisted that the right allows for reasonable restrictions. In his opinion in the Heller Second Amendment case, Justice Scalia listed restrictions on "dangerous and unusual weapons" among the kinds of gun laws that are still "presumptively lawful." Assault weapons that fire scores of rounds without reloading surely are "dangerous and unusual."
It was done on Tobacco, It can be done on Guns.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Guns are tools to vent personal anger by killing innocent people.

Quote:
25 percent of all mass shooting fatalities were children. In shootings involving domestic or family violence, children made up more than 40 percent of those killed.
https://everytown.org/press/women-an...were-children/

Old 09-14-2019, 10:35 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Default Who, in your life, would you be willing to sacrifice to keep your guns?

Let's say I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, my hands are greatly 'impaired', my shoulders won't let me raise up my arms enough to wash my hair and I have to use a walker. A bad person breaks down my door and is advancing towards me. The Police are 5 minutes away and I don't own a gun. How do I defend myself?

Do I sacrifice myself to make you feel better? So, Jo, what do I do? Will you be there to protect me?

Old 09-14-2019, 10:37 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Dennis is an idiot on this topic.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:38 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Guns are tools to vent personal anger by killing innocent people.

https://everytown.org/press/women-an...were-children/
And yet you own a car.

I guess dead children are worth the convenience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies