Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 07:41 PM

15,895 posts, read 6,358,849 times

Advertisements

It seems he also didn't report to the authorities when really young women (10, 13) were raped by family members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 01:23 AM

17,728 posts, read 6,972,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It seems he also didn't report to the authorities when really young women (10, 13) were raped by family members.
None of that bothers our liberal friends. All they care about is ensuring abortion is legal so they can use it as birth control. They won't admit it, but it's true.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:54 AM

5,116 posts, read 2,060,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Using the same logic, all guns should be banned because of criminals who commit crimes with guns.
While we're at it, let's ban also knives, scissors, baseball sticks, hammers, axe, chain saw,... because of criminals who use these tools.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
None of that bothers our liberal friends. All they care about is ensuring abortion is legal so they can use it as birth control. They won't admit it, but it's true.
I am a liberal. I am pro choice. It looks to me like the pro life movement has a huge overlap with: people who claim to care about children with people who stand by the church while their children are raped by their religious leaders. Where's the boot up the ass here? Where's the revolution when you find out what's been going on?...is all I see is the conservative viewpoint that since it has always happened it should be allowed to keep happening. Oh, we can't progress.....that's a dirty word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
While we're at it, let's ban also knives, scissors, baseball sticks, hammers, axe, chain saw,... because of criminals who use these tools.
I don't feel like typing it out again so I'm going to quote myself from another thread.

Quote:
This comparison's about banning: trucks, knives, alcohol, coat hangers seem at face value to be reasonable comparisons. Then a person gets to the risk/reward stage where you have to figure out if banning trucks so someone can't use them to kill people outweighs the value lost in everyone being able to use them and the analogy goes to ****.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:23 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,971,088 times
Quote:
I am a liberal. I am pro choice. It looks to me like the pro life movement has a huge overlap with: people who claim to care about children with people who stand by the church while their children are raped by their religious leaders. Where's the boot up the ass here? Where's the revolution when you find out what's been going on?...is all I see is the conservative viewpoint that since it has always happened it should be allowed to keep happening. Oh, we can't progress.....that's a dirty word.
I don't know anyone who's says: I'm OK with priests raping children.
I do know a lot of people who say: Abortion is wonderful.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I don't know anyone who's says: I'm OK with priests raping children.
I do know a lot of people who say: Abortion is wonderful.
I don't know anyone that says: I'm OK with murdering babies. Yet here we are.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:32 AM

5,116 posts, read 2,060,788 times
Quote:
Does that include mosques and synagogues? I guess we could forget Hollywood actors/directors/producers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Abortion is wonderful.
Just imagine if we add to this: abortion need more diversity. I wonder what'll be the reactions?

Old 09-15-2019, 07:36 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,971,088 times
Quote:
I don't know anyone that says: I'm OK with murdering babies. Yet here we are.
Anyone who wants no restrictions on abortion is OK with murdering babies.

Babies 22 weeks in the womb can survive outside the womb.

Anyone who believe doing an abortion to save the mother's life rather than delivering the child via c-section to save BOTH is OK with murdering babies.

And there are plenty of people who believe that abortions in both circumstances are perfectly ok and between a "women and her doctor".

Old 09-15-2019, 07:37 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,853,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And I'm sure all those who've committed attacks upon Doctors are as equally well versed in the "right to life" justifications they use as their standards when these stupid discussions come up.

Some feel good stories for your religious zealot conservative friends:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-violence.html
What about the murderous attacks on the unborn with a hatchet no less? Do you give a sh*t?

Old 09-15-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Does that include mosques and synagogues? I guess we could forget Hollywood actors/directors/producers.

Just imagine if we add to this: abortion need more diversity. I wonder what'll be the reactions?
That's the main problem I encounter when I try to talk to cons on this issue. Everyone else is doing it; why can't we? You deflect and finger point instead of protecting your own children. Zero personal responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies