Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 11:06 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The Male Enhancement industry uses really heavy duty sales tactics.

Capitalism. What are you supposed to do? Not market?

Misleading? You mean after shave won't get me laid?

I should say that I am 100% against direct to consumer drug marketing. We are one of the few countries that allow it. But the law is the law and under our system you can advertise to kill people (tylenol harms a LOT of people)....

I once had the supplier of a top-notch product tell me to tone down my aggressive advertising. I told them "when you pay for my yellow pages ads you can tell me what to put in them". As if I was supposed to spend $1200 a month in the yellow pages (1990 or so) and say "we don't have the best prices!".
100% agree. It seems to be on the uptick, too. Every third commercial is, "Ask your doctor about QRSWVUT for your moderate-to-severe awful illness." Most patients have no clue what medication is best for them and it's distasteful that a multibillion dollar pharmaceutical company is pimping patients to do their dirty work for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 11:23 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It is expected to be contested by 26 states.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/15/h...899448ing-news
The money trail may hurt them as the company seems to have moved money off shore, prior to filing for bankruptcy which is illegal.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:23 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Purdue was only 1 company, all the pharma companies produce opioids, that wont change, (the US is just one market for them), plus, all these opioid pills are available in generic form.

There is still a few places to get them without much hassle, the online pharmacy I get my Suboxone for is VERY easy, I dont even have to show them the prescription, I do have to check a box confirming I saw a doctor and was prescribed this medicine though, they are about 50% cheaper than Walgreens or CVS too.

The issue with Purdue is that they created the problem we have now with opiods, in large part.

They decided they were going to market synthetic heroin as a cure for chronic pain where as that had been frowned upon for decades, and they got a lot of other people on board with it by paying them a lot of money to do so, and also told people it wasn't addictive.

After that demand was created, yes other companies filled the demand. But there is no doubt they are the genesis of the SEVERITY of this problem.

You always had junkies but we're talking about the degree to which we've been infected by this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies