Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 06:59 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,377,646 times

Advertisements

I disagree. Their religion isn't climate change, it's Leftism in general.

When I point out to them that their movement is actually a religion, they get mad because most leftists think they're above having a religion. But they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 04:52 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,959,118 times
Default So when is Armageddon coming from climate change? Still waiting.

I’m not a climate change denier, but I am a climate change end of humanity denier. I keep seeing more and more uproar about climate change, yet still no cities being swallowed up by rising sea levels or Armageddon. No coastal cities preparing and with plenty of new construction on the coasts. And the less Armageddon I see and the more prostests, the less I believe it’s much to worry about. Even if it is, technology will eventually solve our Carbon emission problems.

Then I see the news covering kids protesting. What do kids know? They know what they are told by adults and know nothing about life, science, and politics. Are kids supposed to convince me of something or touch my heart?

Old 09-20-2019, 05:00 PM

17,346 posts, read 12,305,057 times
Yeah the outrageous claims are at best exaggeration to drum up support...which is obviously not working.

A warmer planet will present more challenges yes, armageddon no.

I'm encouraged by developing tech like carbon recapture rather than trying to do things like ban the internal combustion engine.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:33 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,952,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I’m not a climate change denier, but I am a climate change end of humanity denier. I keep seeing more and more uproar about climate change, yet still no cities being swallowed up by rising sea levels or Armageddon. No coastal cities preparing and with plenty of new construction on the coasts. And the less Armageddon I see and the more prostests, the less I believe it’s much to worry about. Even if it is, technology will eventually solve our Carbon emission problems.

Then I see the news covering kids protesting. What do kids know? They know what they are told by adults and know nothing about life, science, and politics. Are kids supposed to convince me of something or touch my heart?
No one is saying that one evening you'll fall asleep in your beachfront condo in Miami 3 feet in elevation above the highest of high tides and the very next morning you'll be awakened by the ocean waves pouring into your windows. Surely you know this.

Keeping with the example of Miami, the Florida State Governor won't allow state employees to even say the words "climate change." There's a lot of high priced real estate in Miami and developers want to squeeze out every last dime that they possibly can and people who already own low lying homes want to get their original investment back and then some. Money talks and the climate walks. Too bad for you if you didn't exercise due diligence before buying into that particular scam and get left holding the bag. Coastal cities in the Red States that border the Gulf are no different. Houstan won't even allow residential zoning, never mind invest tax payer dollars in climate proofing.

There's a pile of money to made if you keep your mouth shut and a pile of money to be lost by wealthy and influential elites who don't give a damn about anyone except themselves. Why lose money over tomorrow if you can make a profit today?

Every single nation on the face of this planet held climate protests today and these events were attended by people from 8 to 88. If you think that you and your friends are the only ones who are right and that the entire world is wrong, it might be time to evaluate your own thinking.

Technology is not going to save the day on this one. The logistics are incredible and the costs are beyond measure. Plus, you don't seem to have a very good grasp of "life, science, and politics" yourself especially not science. Land developers in Miami are lining their pockets with the money from people who think the way you do. Somebody has got to buy into all the denier bs, might as well be you. That's a shame.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:37 PM

18,740 posts, read 7,638,842 times
She when is Armageddon coming from climate change? Still waiting.

In ten to twelve years.

The liberal fanatics have told us that again and again. So it must be true.

In fact, they have been telling us that for at least the last 50 years!

Old 09-20-2019, 05:44 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,959,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
No one is saying that one evening you'll fall asleep in your beachfront condo in Miami 3 feet in elevation above the highest of high tides and the very next morning you'll be awakened by the ocean waves pouring into your windows. Surely you know this.

Keeping with the example of Miami, the Florida State Governor won't allow state employees to even say the words "climate change." There's a lot of high priced real estate in Miami and developers want to squeeze out every last dime that they possibly can and people who already own low lying homes want to get their original investment back and then some. Money talks and the climate walks. Too bad for you if you didn't exercise due diligence before buying into that particular scam and get left holding the bag. Coastal cities in the Red States that border the Gulf are no different. Houstan won't even allow residential zoning, never mind invest tax payer dollars in climate proofing.

There's a pile of money to made if you keep your mouth shut and a pile of money to be lost by wealthy and influential elites who don't give a damn about anyone except themselves. Why lose money over tomorrow if you can make a profit today?

Every single nation on the face of this planet held climate protests today and these events were attended by people from 8 to 88. If you think that you and your friends are the only ones who are right and that the entire world is wrong, it might be time to evaluate your own thinking.

Technology is not going to save the day on this one. The logistics are incredible and the costs are beyond measure. Plus, you don't seem to have a very good grasp of "life, science, and politics" yourself especially not science. Land developers in Miami are lining their pockets with the money from people who think the way you do. Somebody has got to buy into all the denier bs, might as well be you. That's a shame.
Real estate values would be nose diving on the coasts if what you say were true.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:44 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,972,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post

When a political agenda resorts to using children as props it's because it was unable to sway the adults.

So it moved on to children and is using the CHILDREN as emotional pawns in a second attempt to convince the adults.

It's an act of desperation.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:15 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,408,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
She when is Armageddon coming from climate change? Still waiting.

In ten to twelve years.

The liberal fanatics have told us that again and again. So it must be true.

In fact, they have been telling us that for at least the last 50 years!
Why do they like to constantly use the 10-12 years claim?

Old 09-20-2019, 07:21 PM

18,513 posts, read 9,191,727 times
Global warming is a slow process, it’s not a sudden “Armageddon” like a meteor impact.

Humans probably won’t go extinct from it, but agricultural yields could gradually fall, leading to dangerous political destabilization and possibly large-scale war. When resources get scarce, humans go to war. The military (hardly a bunch of liberal environmentalist hippies) is very worried about global warming for that reason.

World War 2 didn’t lead to human extinction, but it certainly was a kind of “Armageddon” for the millions of people who died in it.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:58 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,887,409 times
I think global warming is moving to Mars if people give it enough money... Curious what scarce resource is going to be gone with 2 degree change....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies