Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 04:06 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,860,551 times

Advertisements

Interesting, how this morbid obesity rate is nearly three times higher for middle-aged women then middle-aged men.

It seems as though morbid obesity is far deadlier for men though. The rate of morbid obesity collapses in middle-age while women's rates just keep increasing.

Interesting how less than 1% of Asian-American females are morbid obesity and only 1 out of 400 Asian-American men are morbid obese. I remember being in a bakery in Irvine, California a few years which is heavily Chinese-America and they tended to split a meal or split a desert.

It's very likely that in the next decade that the number of young women on SSDI and Medicaid will skyrocket. The fact that 10% of college-aged women are already morbidly obese means that the number of SSDI and Medicaid wil surge as many become to do disabled to work.

With these unchartered waters we are in I wouldn't be surprised if the SSDI and Medicaid system because much more overwhelmed then what we think now. Shocking, that 10% of college-aged women are already morbid obese

Seems as though based on the much lower rates for men 45-54 then 35-44 many times morbidly obesity will pass away around 40 years old.

As the saying goes "men die and women get sick" seems to be especially true for morbid obesity.

For women it seems many will have chronic morbid obesity related ailments that last decades and overwhelm the system.

I wouldn't be surprised in a decade if there are tens of millions of women who should be in their prime years that instead have morbid obesity related ailments.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...tbl1_311955766

What a change from the 1950s. Here is a video of an all-female large audience in the 1950s and not one would be considered obese by today's standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEdeLOAboTQ

Basically, there is well over 10 million plus morbidly obese women out there between 20-64 years old which usually means 100 pounds or more over the ideal weight.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 09-23-2019 at 04:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 04:38 PM

4,505 posts, read 1,861,401 times
From what I can tell the average young adult’s diet of food and alcohol leads to some obesity.

But when a chunky woman has a kid, watch out. They are still like 100lbs heavier after the birth and become a “proud full figured woman” for life.

Almost every 40+ whale fits this narrative in my experience.

Those hot 20 somethings you see with round asses? Absolutely horrible long term ROI.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:53 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times
This is my theory. Being obese as an elderly person is far more deadly than being obese as a younger person. There are more health risks with being obese, period. However, it kills the elderly far more. Death rates are a big factor. Those who are still alive have a higher likelihood of being thinner.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:55 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
From what I can tell the average young adult’s diet of food and alcohol leads to some obesity.

But when a chunky woman has a kid, watch out. They are still like 100lbs heavier after the birth and become a “proud full figured woman” for life.

Almost every 40+ whale fits this narrative in my experience.

Those hot 20 somethings you see with round asses? Absolutely horrible long term ROI.
I’ll take the round booty nonetheless.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:05 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I’ll take the round booty nonetheless.

...i'm old enough to remember when 'LOL' meant 'Lump 'o Lard'....bring back fat shaming...it seemed to work for the smokers...

Old 09-23-2019, 08:19 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,860,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is my theory. Being obese as an elderly person is far more deadly than being obese as a younger person. There are more health risks with being obese, period. However, it kills the elderly far more. Death rates are a big factor. Those who are still alive have a higher likelihood of being thinner.
I agree with you there. Although it seems like more males with morbid obesity will pass away earlier than women with morbid obesity.

There is a huge drop-off in the percent of obese males 45-54 as opposed to 35-44.

Women on the other hand continue to increase and there isn't a drop-off in female obesity until they much older.

Per-capita costs for those morbidly obese are 81% higher than normal weight.

There is basically 10-12% of the female population that is running up 81% higher health care costs than they would be have a generation or two ago when the amount of morbidly obese was a drop in the bucket compared to today.

I think the fact that there are tens of millions of women and men who are going to be utilizing nearly double of very limited health-care resources is going to really cause huge issues in the nation's health-care system in the next decade.

https://www.stateofobesity.org/healt...costs-obesity/

Old 09-23-2019, 09:04 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,398,243 times
Al Bundy, you are needed to comment on this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRCHBi0DRFg

Old 09-24-2019, 06:02 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,923 times
As a single, fit, active man in my early 40s it’s rather difficult to find the same in a single woman. I’m simply incapable of being attracted to an obese partner. Among my male friends and family of similar age I also seem to be the outlier. We really need to look at ourselves as a society as far as food and lifestyle choices go.

Old 09-24-2019, 06:48 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,969,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
As a single, fit, active man in my early 40s it’s rather difficult to find the same in a single woman. I’m simply incapable of being attracted to an obese partner. Among my male friends and family of similar age I also seem to be the outlier. We really need to look at ourselves as a society as far as food and lifestyle choices go.
My gym is full of fit women meeting that demographic while the equivalent men are carrying a spare tire.

Old 09-24-2019, 06:54 AM

858 posts, read 424,133 times
I wonder why the OP went from obsessing about North Dakota to fat people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies