Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 05:20 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times

Advertisements

Impeachment over an innocuous phone call will be dead before it really even begins. Trump is not going anywhere

Old 09-26-2019, 05:26 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
I started a similar thread in which I took a poll and asked how many had learned their lesson from Russia. Only about 3-5 had the intellectual courage to answer at all and none had learned a thing.

I hope every cowardly lefty who posts here gets their hopes up high once again, just to see it all come crashing down. I am positive that with no recession on the horizon, and Trump able to inflate thing with a finger snap by signing a deal with China, he is guaranteed a second term.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:26 PM

10,071 posts, read 14,449,392 times
They know the current crop of presidential candidates have a very, very slim chance of beating Trump, so Pelosi got strong armed by the radical left of the party into going after impeachment.

This is all about a "hail mary" pass to try and damage him from being re-elected.

Problem is, I think this will backfire and Biden will be taken down out of this. But maybe that was part of the Democrats goal as well, remove Biden as a candidate.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:36 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Doesn't appear to be "an innocuous phone call." You don't call up a foreign country and ask them to get the dirt on one of your political rivals. At least you didn't do that before Trump came along.

One of the things that phone call can be described as is the last straw. We have a President* who "falls in love" with a foreign tyrant responsible for many, many deaths including that of an American student who committed the crime of taking a propaganda poster off a wall; a President* who claims that he believes a former KGB officer and the leader of a country long inimical to the US over our very own CIA, FBI, and NSA; a President* who is delighted to support a Saudi Arabian Prince who runs an extremely oppressive Muslim theocracy - the list is endless.

Of course what will happen is that the Democratic House will vote for impeachment and the Republican Senate led by Putin's Mitch (McConnell) will deep six any action against Trump whatsoever. Trump will lose where he can afford a loss (the House) and win where a loss would be catastrophic (the Senate).

At the end of the day, the American voter will decide Trump's fate in 2020.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:39 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
I think most believe the house impeaches him and the senate doesn’t. That seems to be the belief of a good 60-80% or so

Old 09-26-2019, 05:43 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
They know the current crop of presidential candidates have a very, very slim chance of beating Trump, so Pelosi got strong armed by the radical left of the party into going after impeachment.

This is all about a "hail mary" pass to try and damage him from being re-elected.

Problem is, I think this will backfire and Biden will be taken down out of this. But maybe that was part of the Democrats goal as well, remove Biden as a candidate.
This is how I see it too. There is no way trump is going to be impeached. The Senate will block it if anything. So far there isn't anything that rises to the level of impeachment. Trump isn't going anywhere, not yet anyway.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:46 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
OP doesn't get to decide what is or is not considered a "innocuous" phone call.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:48 PM

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Impeachment over an innocuous phone call will be dead before it really even begins. Trump is not going anywhere
I don't think he's going to be removed from office, no. Sadly, that is the way of the GOP these days. But he can still be impeached.

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Dims are pissin gin the wind and will get the effect of the warm salty wind back in their faces....so I like it.

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Doesn't appear to be "an innocuous phone call." You don't call up a foreign country and ask them to get the dirt on one of your political rivals. At least you didn't do that before Trump came along.

One of the things that phone call can be described as is the last straw. We have a President* who "falls in love" with a foreign tyrant responsible for many, many deaths including that of an American student who committed the crime of taking a propaganda poster off a wall; a President* who claims that he believes a former KGB officer and the leader of a country long inimical to the US over our very own CIA, FBI, and NSA; a President* who is delighted to support a Saudi Arabian Prince who runs an extremely oppressive Muslim theocracy - the list is endless.

Of course what will happen is that the Democratic House will vote for impeachment and the Republican Senate led by Putin's Mitch (McConnell) will deep six any action against Trump whatsoever. Trump will lose where he can afford a loss (the House) and win where a loss would be catastrophic (the Senate).

At the end of the day, the American voter will decide Trump's fate in 2020.
“putin’s Mitch” ah I see the Dems also still want to add some “Russia, Russia, Russia” to this as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies