Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 06:09 PM

1,152 posts, read 456,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So you don't have an issue with Trump asking Ukraine to investigate his political opponent.
I sure don't. Trump was wanting corruption investigated and I don't have any problem with that. But then I don't support the corrupt politicians. If they are corrupt on either side, I want them gone.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:13 PM

10,108 posts, read 14,528,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This is how I see it too. There is no way trump is going to be impeached. The Senate will block it if anything. So far there isn't anything that rises to the level of impeachment. Trump isn't going anywhere, not yet anyway.
Yeah, I agree.

Trump may be impeached in the house--pretty doubtful--but he may. Doesn't matter because the Senate would never impeach him.

At the end of the day, Democrats did more damage to themselves, than good.

Biden will most likely be knocked out of his presidential bid--or at least out of contention--where his party won't nominate him due to this Ukranian baggage.

This will set up a Warren leading bid--which is disastrous for a win.

I think there will be a lot of really worried Democrats going into 2020. Outside of the coasts, the part of America that really decides the elections is fed up with the Democrats BS tricks, and doing nothing in Congress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He must be impeached. No president should walk away from something this atrocious without consequences. His record will be stained and the vast majority of the country will know he is guilty even if 1/3 or so deny it. Republicans will likely put party first and do the wrong thing by failing to convict, but that should not deter administering whatever justice can be done. Rasmussen, yes Rasmussen, shows 44-41 in favor of impeachment tonight.
Who cares what some poll says? Name one single actual tangible crime Trump has been charged with, that there is actual evidence of or that he has admitted to. You can't because there isn't one. All you have is supposed hateful remarks or his attitude. The man hasn't done one illegal thing that can be verified. You know how I know? Because he is still right there in office.

16,345 posts, read 18,117,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Impeachment over an innocuous phone call will be dead before it really even begins. Trump is not going anywhere
Overconfidence that he will be removed is just as dangerous as overconfidence that he won't be. This already feels far worse than anything regarding Mueller, and even Republicans are beginning to turn against him here and there. Public polling is now coming out in favor of impeachment, and the more that tide turns, the easier it'll be for senators to also turn against him. A lot will depend on what else gets uncovered, but already there is more than enough to justify the impeachment itself. McConnell has a big decision ahead. I wouldn't be the house on him doing the right thing.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:16 PM

26,664 posts, read 28,786,684 times
No, I don't think any of us are under any illusion that he will be removed from office. But hearing about the phone call the other day was sickening. It's like--he's working on our time to advance his own personal business. Not only that, but using that time to ask a foreign country to dig up dirt on OUR elections? These are supposed to be our own democratic elections, elections by and for AMERICANS. AMERICA. Remember that place?

So the thought of going global (and I thought the Repubs didn't like globabism) to investigate his opponent was too much. It it takes Biden out, so be it. It's this continuous treachery and what feels like treason that was the last straw.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So trump and Biden are stupid. President warren laughs all the way to inauguration.
If Liz wins, you better hope your retirement money isn't secured by the wall street market. It will drop like a rock. Liz might actually be worse than Biden. At least he is greedy and dishonest enough to be motivated to keep the economy going for personal gain. Liz is just an idiot.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I expect the same for Republicans. Now when another Bush comes into office anything they’d at about him will fall flat
I'd take either Bush back if it meant we could get rid of Trump. Bush sucked, but Trump is another level stain on everything good and decent in this world.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The really sad thing is no one on either side of the aisle gives a damn about the constitutional issues just team blue or team red winning by any means necessary.
This is the worst take of the day, honestly.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:19 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,404,117 times
I do not think any of the Democrat leadership thinks he can actually be convicted in an impeachment. But the investigation could prove valuable. It would seem pointless to take it to the point of actually impeaching him as he would likely get more mileage from being cleared by the Senate.

So the thing to do is bring the facts to light and then drop it and let the people decide in the 2020 election.

The Democrats should proceed to impeachment only if they have a good enough case that the Republican leadership supports it. Otherwise it would be dumb.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:21 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,490,622 times
Do liberals here really believe Trump is going to be removed form office [?]

Speaking only for myself, I want everything this president has done in the Congressional Record for posterity. I am glad to see the hearings are going to be started.

We have a procedure to laid out in the constitution, and we should follow it. The decision was not taken lightly. If Trump is subsequently removed from office, it will only be because he deserves it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies