Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 01:04 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I watched the video and my heart breaks for that girl.

With that being said, the headline of the article said the boys assaulted her because of her natural hair and called it nappy.

Nowhere in the article does it say this or in the interview does the girl or her grandmother say this.

I feel like they are trying to allude to this being a racist incident ... maybe it's not.

Maybe the boys are just as$holes ...
Maybe not but not sure that was the entire interview.

Kids can be mean though. So they could have just been picking on her because her hair is different from anything they have seen.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:08 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Assuming this is a real story, it is a direct indictment of a lack of proper parenting. When I was a boy my parents (especially my Dad) told me never manhandle girls. Never physically harm them in any way.
I remember one day at a little kids party a girl who supposedly liked me kept trying to push me into the pool (it was not a pool party as everyone was dressed up). I remember holding/pushing back against her to keep from going into the pool. Nothing aggressive or offensive, just defensive.
My Dad apparently saw it and grabbed me by the scruff of the neck, pulled me out of site and gave my rear and a few smacks.
Even after I explained what happened, he said it didn't matter.

The point is that it has been ingrained in me to not touch a woman in any negative way, as it should be with all young boys. These mutants, regardless of their motivation, were obviously not taught the same lesson. Had I done something like that, I may as well have left town so as to not be beaten senseless.

If I were the Dad of that girl, I'd be visiting the punks Dads individually, to teach them how they should have taught their sons.

`
Yes and perhaps some peer pressure. Sometimes children misbehave because they want to fit in. Not that it’s an excuse.

You had an old school father. It seems they don’t make them as many of them these days.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:41 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
1) It’s a private school located in an area with one of the best public school systems in the nation, including having one of the smallest achievement gaps in the nation. There is absolutely no reason for her to remain at that school if this is the way she was treated. Why are these parents/guardians going to the news instead of the school administration? Once found out, there is absolutely no way the school would tolerate this type of behavior.

2) She only told what happened after repeated questioning. I taught children this age, listening to her, watching her tell the story, considering the story - there is something off. I don’t doubt the hair is missing, it’s the why that is problematic.

3) $12,000 for private school in that area is dirt cheap.

4) Unless Mrs. Pence is her teacher, why was that part of the story?

Old 09-27-2019, 05:42 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
I'll bet dollars to donuts that this turns out to be hoax #17,643 in the continuing "whitey bad" narrative.

If not, expel and a bit o juvy.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:21 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
After verifying the story, it is reasonable to expel the boys who were involved. The school needs to provide a safe environment for all students.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:30 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
If this actually happened (and I personally think it did), and those boys are not expelled, I can see a huge (and justifiable) protest, as well as a huge lawsuit.

It is very difficult to imagine that in today's world, that this would have been allowed to happen -- and, yes, I do blame the school staff and the boys' parents, but mostly the boys. They are old enough to know right from wrong, and there is NO excuse for that kind of behavior. In fact, they should be sent to some kind of "alternative" school for a year instead of being allowed to continue in any kind of school for privileged kids.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:00 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
The boys need to be expelled. At the age of 12 kids who shoplift candy bars get in trouble with the law so I do think the law should get involved if there is enough evidence that they held her down, covered her mouth, called her names and cut her hair because that is assault. I’m not proposing time in Juvie because I think that’d be counterproductive but rather some sort of community service or other form of restitution to help them understand that they never can do something like this again because if you think of three grown men holding down a woman, calling her names, covering her mouth and cutting her hair, it paints a really bad picture and no one wants them to turn into those guys as adults.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:25 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
1) It’s a private school located in an area with one of the best public school systems in the nation, including having one of the smallest achievement gaps in the nation. There is absolutely no reason for her to remain at that school if this is the way she was treated. Why are these parents/guardians going to the news instead of the school administration? Once found out, there is absolutely no way the school would tolerate this type of behavior.

2) She only told what happened after repeated questioning. I taught children this age, listening to her, watching her tell the story, considering the story - there is something off. I don’t doubt the hair is missing, it’s the why that is problematic.

3) $12,000 for private school in that area is dirt cheap.

4) Unless Mrs. Pence is her teacher, why was that part of the story?
Yes I question why she never came forward to the school administrators or her family. If not for grandmother noticing her hair the bullying would just continue if indeed that is what has been happening. I'm not sure what she had to be afraid of. Accusations of bullying, especially at a private school, would be taken seriously and dealt with swiftly. Perhaps I'm wrong but I agree something about this story is off.

As well I'm not sure what the point of mentioning Mrs. Pence was.

If things did happen as she said though those boys should at the least be expelled. In most public schools just having scissors on the playground would be enough to suspend or expel a student.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:25 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The boys need to be expelled. At the age of 12 kids who shoplift candy bars get in trouble with the law so I do think the law should get involved if there is enough evidence that they held her down, covered her mouth, called her names and cut her hair because that is assault. I’m not proposing time in Juvie because I think that’d be counterproductive but rather some sort of community service or other form of restitution to help them understand that they never can do something like this again because if you think of three grown men holding down a woman, calling her names, covering her mouth and cutting her hair, it paints a really bad picture and no one wants them to turn into those guys as adults.
IF proven, a week of juvy just to terrorize them would be a good thing. Betting at that point, they will not do it again.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:34 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
This one isn't quite passing the sniff test. We'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies