Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 10:21 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Hollyweird and society at large has taught youth that homosexuality is accepted. Activists tell them it is ok and accepted. Reality is however that most people are still disgusted by homosexuality. Some tolerate it in order to not be punished for their lack of political correctness, a few openly condemn homosexuality or even harass and taunt them. There is of course the 20-40 percent (depending on where you live) who do support homosexuality. Reality is homosexuals have chosen a lifestyle that at least half the nation believes is sinful, even disgusting.

Adults can handle the condemnation, teenagers cannot. Telling these kids it is acceptable to be a homosexual and not warning them that more than half of the country still disproves of how you live. When they finally face harassers or other critics that is when they may face a mental crises. Those who have lied to them about the acceptability of homosexuality are the ones who caused their death.
I think compared to many other countries, particularly parts of the Middle East, a lot of the U.S. is more tolerant of the LGBT crowd. That doesn't lessen the tragedy of suicide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 10:21 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, in years past, parents taught and expected their kids to stand up for themselves at school (which includes fighting physically too), its an important skill to learn at that age range, so they learn how to deal with stress, bullying, etc in the future.

Parents do not teach their kids to fight anymore, instead they instruct them to go to the office and try to get help, this didnt work years ago and it doesnt work today.
Sadly settling it old school will now get you and your kid criminal charges. Our nanny state world no longer tolerates playground justice as it happened in 1980. Things were so much simpler back then.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:42 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Well, in years past, parents taught and expected their kids to stand up for themselves at school (which includes fighting physically too), its an important skill to learn at that age range, so they learn how to deal with stress, bullying, etc in the future.

Parents do not teach their kids to fight anymore, instead they instruct them to go to the office and try to get help, this didnt work years ago and it doesnt work today.
When I read posts like this I have to wonder if I grew up in the same country.

Bullies almost never fight one on one and they didn't back when I was young either. They always traveled with a pose. As often as not they were high school jocks, so they had a few members of their hero teams with them.

They didn't challenge kids that were even close to the same size, they target small, undersized and the kids that the system doesn't give a damn about.. It's kind of hard to fight back when the odds are 5 on 1 or the other kid is twice your size and you know that the teachers are looking the other way. After all it's the star quarterback or the star linebacker and the big game is coming up. Add to this those bullies are often the children of prominent people in the community. No one takes your side. I literally had teachers lie through their teeth about who started it. That is the reality.

Yeah I came from a clan where you were expected to duke it out. Yes My father taught me to box, to fight dirty if need be. etc. That's all well in good except you are fighting the group not an individual. You are out weighed by all of your opponents. And life isn't the Karate kid.

That is the reality

Old 10-01-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Sadly settling it old school will now get you and your kid criminal charges. Our nanny state world no longer tolerates playground justice as it happened in 1980. Things were so much simpler back then.
Yeah it didn't really happen that way back in 1980, the 70's the 60's. I lived it.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:29 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:

LMFAO, sorry, but fighting isnt "dealing with stress". Dont get me wrong, I support punching a bully in the face rather than killing yourself, but that certainly isnt dealing with the pain.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Who am I blaming the Individual who took their own life, obviously. That said, it's easy to blame anyone and everyone else. What was missing in the home? I don't know I don't know the family, but if it were only due to bullying then every bullied kid would suicide. The vast majority dont, so IMO there is more to this story than "The evil internet."
Most kids dont get their personal intimate texts put online for the whole school to see, so you answered your own question.

Quote:
What does strong mean? It means and it should be obvious, that we rise above, we seek help and support, we think about our families and loved ones and don't hurt them with a suicide. It means strong enough not to suicide which is a quit.
While people do indeed feel pain because of suicides by loved one, the argument that it is to "hurt" those around them is a bald faced ideological lie.

It is selfish on the part of the people who didnt understand that person's pain and are now literally making that persons life about them.

Quote:
The really really is that bullies never attack those who can defend themselves, they only prey upon the outcasts, the ones who don't enjoy a whole lot of support among their peers. It's safer for the bully to just mess with loners or unpopular kids, undersized kids, the ones no one cares about if they are abused. I know I was one of those targeted kids.
And yet, you still blame the person who committed suicide ?

Old 10-02-2019, 12:36 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I like how we've gone so far off the deep end that hardly anyone bats an eye over him sending sexually explicit messages to another teen. That's just so ok with everyone now I suppose, no biggie. Did mom know what he was doing online? Did she care? Who knows what kind of life he was actually living.

It's tragic that he killed himself and that his family is suffering but there was more going on with him than "bullied over being bisexual" I'd wager.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Hollyweird and society at large has taught youth that homosexuality is accepted. Activists tell them it is ok and accepted. Reality is however that most people are still disgusted by homosexuality. Some tolerate it in order to not be punished for their lack of political correctness, a few openly condemn homosexuality or even harass and taunt them. There is of course the 20-40 percent (depending on where you live) who do support homosexuality. Reality is homosexuals have chosen a lifestyle that at least half the nation believes is sinful, even disgusting.

Adults can handle the condemnation, teenagers cannot. Telling these kids it is acceptable to be a homosexual and not warning them that more than half of the country still disproves of how you live. When they finally face harassers or other critics that is when they may face a mental crises. Those who have lied to them about the acceptability of homosexuality are the ones who caused their death.
people like you are clearly the problem,

Old 10-02-2019, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Most kids dont get their personal intimate texts put online for the whole school to see, so you answered your own question.

While people do indeed feel pain because of suicides by loved one, the argument that it is to "hurt" those around them is a bald faced ideological lie.

It is selfish on the part of the people who didnt understand that person's pain and are now literally making that persons life about them.

And yet, you still blame the person who committed suicide ?
Well who killed them? They killed themself, they are too blame. The parents and family may have some ownership as well. As much as I detest bullies they might own some blame, but who sent the sexually explicit text to begin with? The person who committed suicide.

Now we are back to calling 16 year olds kids? Which is it? They are adult enough to make life changing decisions like abortions, taking hormones, etc or they are not adults. 16 adult enough to drive. 16adult enough to be charged as an adult in a crime.

This person suicided, no one said, or hinted that they did it to hurt anyone. I said they do it without regard to how it will hurt their family and that is a fact. As far as I can tell you simply want to argue.

Look it's a crappy world. It didn't just start being crappy, it's always been fairly crappy. There have always been some who would opt for suicide. It's tragic, but at the end of the day they make the choice.

Old 10-02-2019, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I like how we've gone so far off the deep end that hardly anyone bats an eye over him sending sexually explicit messages to another teen. That's just so ok with everyone now I suppose, no biggie. Did mom know what he was doing online? Did she care? Who knows what kind of life he was actually living.

It's tragic that he killed himself and that his family is suffering but there was more going on with him than "bullied over being bisexual" I'd wager.
Unless you just became aware that teens have sex, what exactly is there in that part to bat an eye over ?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies