Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 07:29 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Friends of mine just returned from a trip to upstate New York where they are originally from and have relatives. Lots of Trump signs and Trump supporters outside of the Far Left Progressive New York City and Metro area around NYC. However, that's where most of the population lies, and thus the Trump haters run the state.

Cuomo, and De Blasio (Warren Wilhelm) are two of the most Leftist, disgusting politicians in the U.S. and reflect NYC and its idiocy.
No doubt - as the data scientists said on the radio yesterday, searches for racist terms and the like are big in Upstate NY, W. PA. and parts of Ohio.

I don't doubt you in the least.

Did you ever stop to think about where Trump lived? That maybe...just maybe...those who know him from his vast cons and failures might know more than those who know him from TV?

Think about it.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:33 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
My goodness, you accept reality TV as being real.

I lived right outside of Atlantic City for years and in S. NJ. for decades and I watched this Con man perform every fraud in the book and destroy the City...in addition to stealing money from tax payers, bond holder, investors, partners and maybe worst of all - SUPPLIERS AND CONTRACTORS.

He is currently rated DEAD LAST of all US Prez in HISTORY....by people who know (presidential scholars).

That is where he will end up.

Oh, BTW, Reagan gave amnesty to millions of immigrants, set a path to citizenship, and did away with many tax loopholes for corporations and the rich. That is the opposite of your hero.

Also, RR is fairly poorly rated in History.....not to say he's in the bottom 1/2, but he isn't anywhere near even the top 10 (top 20%).......his admin had more scandals then any in modern times by far.

Well, The Don is going to beat him in that one...and in 1/2 the time.

Look, you are entitled to your opinions, but not to your facts. He turned what should be many 10's of billions (his inheritance) into ZERO of negative net worth and no bank would even deal with him (except Russians and corrupt Deutche Bank at the end).....

He is already universally despised all over the world AND in the USA. His popularity doesn't even start to approach that of RR. He's been underwater in approval since his first week in office.

The one thing I can say about Trump is that he is much worse than I even thought. If he did NOTHING he'd be winning, but he works against anything and everything that is decent.
Reagan had his flaws but he believed in freedom and democracy ("Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall") and opposed dictatorships. Trump, on the other hand, has never met a dictator he didn't fall in love with.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:41 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
He is currently rated DEAD LAST of all US Prez in HISTORY....by people who know (presidential scholars).
Sorry, in any realistic long term list, Buchanan and Pierce are pretty safe at the real bottom.

Then again, kind of like saying, hey Im the 5th or so worst but that Buchanan guy....

Sometimes I am astounded how long the US has gone with such epic turds all in a row.

Bush Jr and his war were epic awful then came Obama. Obama comes along and says, "hold my beer". Only to be eclipsed by the awfulness that is Trump.

This makes me half convinced the next president will be an actual textbook cannibal.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:45 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
The Democrats are no day at the beach, but I have nothing in common with a billionaire who represents billionaires.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:49 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Except to a Trumpster.

It is impossible for them to not know, to not see the type of man he is, and has always been. It is right out there for anyone with half a brain to see, but the simple fact is, THEY DO NOT CARE. They see this Presidency as someone who turns the status quo upside down, someone who causes problems, someone who plays games with the establishment, and someone who does not play by any normal rules. The more rude and crude he gets, the better.

This, sadly, is where we have come to in America. There is them and there is us, we just have to keep our standards and values and not worry about them.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:50 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
God Bless President Donald Trump.
I have never seen a patriot devoted to this country since the Late President Ronald Reagan.
Watch this video of accumulated clips over the years. This is the true heart of this man.
Donald Trump 2020..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=305-erOr3jk
Communist China is rich today with a massive army that we who bought Chinese products over the years funded.. Our leaders are stupid. The Communists with their money and power have infiltrated the United States, bought off many of our corrupt leaders with our own money, and we will be taken over folks.. it is happening now.. they have taken over MSM, working for a totalitarian press that wants to be a one voice to program every American.. Those that see this are the enlightened ones. those that do not, are being lead down the path of Americas destruction. We are at the crossroad now. The globalists are one minded, have infiltrated our colleges to brainwash them into hating this country. They want change but when they see it happening, they will all regret what they have done. Destroy their own freedoms.. We see today how Hong Kong is fighting against the Communists.. the patriots see it. The progressives are the enemy.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:05 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
This thread is the height of TDS, from both sides.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:14 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
I have never seen a patriot devoted to this country since the Late President Ronald Reagan.
Watch this video of accumulated clips over the years. This is the true heart of this man.
Donald Trump 2020.................
Wow, thanks OP. I have long wondered why Putin thought the recruitment of Trump would be successful. This video explains how the "useful idiot" became Putin's asset.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:19 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It is impossible for them to not know, to not see the type of man he is, and has always been. It is right out there for anyone with half a brain to see, but the simple fact is, THEY DO NOT CARE. They see this Presidency as someone who turns the status quo upside down, someone who causes problems, someone who plays games with the establishment, and someone who does not play by any normal rules. The more rude and crude he gets, the better.

This, sadly, is where we have come to in America. There is them and there is us, we just have to keep our standards and values and not worry about them.
You summarized the situation very well. Trump supporters aren't stupid, no different than anyone else in terms of intelligence. They CELEBRATE the type of man he is and the values (or lack thereof) that he represents. It's a lot like the admirers of Capone or Gotti. Same mindset.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:22 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Donald Trump 2020..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=305-erOr3jk
And I was having a crappy morning this gave me a good laugh, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies