Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 03:44 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There are millions of people in therapy or all sorts of reasons. I am not a liberal but I could care less if someone feels that they want to live as a different gender. No one in my circle of family and friends is dealing with this but if they were I would support them and not point my finger and call them crazy.

The far right keeps fighting these losing issues. First was fighting civil rights, then gays and gay marriage and now this.

All you should be concerned with is living your life and your family. Just leave everyone else alone.

Give it up.
^A rare time I agree with you, repped
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 03:44 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,860,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
This statement is your opinion and not fact, as gender dysphoria is not considered a mental illness by the medical community.
Uhhh actually that's not true. Sorry. Research suggests it is related to attachment disorders, secondarily some kind of abuse. Gender disorders are usually classified as a type of mental illness. I learned all of the above from a doctor in my family. Because of the bullying issue, it is promoted as normal in the name of being humane.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
To force this mental garbage on the population to force compliance for the mentally ill is stupid. Demanding to call a girl s guy or vice versa. Sorry not playing that stupid game.
^This sounds dangerously close to the argument made by segregationists in the deep south 60 years ago, but replacing African Americans with trans individuals....

Old 10-09-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Uhhh actually that's not true. Sorry. Research suggests it is related to attachment disorders, secondarily some kind of abuse. Gender disorders are usually classified as a type of mental illness. I learned all of the above from a doctor in my family. Because of the bullying issue, it is promoted as normal in the name of being humane.
Go back and read again. Gender Identity Disorder was the old condition that WAS listed as a mental illness, key word was, past tense. It was removed from the guidelines and changed to Gender Dysphoria a few years ago...

Old 10-09-2019, 03:48 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
If by "the left" you mean the scientific community, then you're correct.

...The words are sometimes used interchangeably, but gender is different than sex; while sex refers to certain genetic traits assigned at birth, gender is understood by many researchers to be influenced by a range of societal, environmental, and genetic factors...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/gender
Psychology is not a science, nor are psychologist any form of scientific community.

Here is a hint, anyone who uses the words "assigned at birth" should be disregarded and almost certainly of the left.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:49 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Because this is safe and comfortable for all involved:
That chick is pretty hot for a dude.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:49 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Gender is not a scientific construct, though. It is cultural. Sex is scientific/biological.

Nice try, though.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
With respect to the bathroom issue, if you are presenting as a woman, use the woman's bathroom. If you are a transwoman who has not had the outdoor plumbing switched to indoor, then be very discrete and don't allow other women to see your penis.

If you're a transman, no man is going to care that you're in the bathroom. Segregated bathrooms are not for the safety of men, anyway.

Everyone needs to give and take a bit. It's not hard to do.

With respect to gender pronouns, I agree nobody should be forced to use any pronouns by law. But, don't be a dick about it. If someone has made a legit transition it's usually after much personal pain. Why would you purposely refer to a transman as a woman?

Of course, I don't believe in this "zir" crap. But that's a different story. And one that I think is preventing acceptance of legitimate trans people and trans rights.
Some of the people who are dickish about it seem to think that these individuals are just on the wrong path, and that like Tao from Gran Torino, they just need old Walt Kowalski (Clint Eastwood) to set them on the straight and narrow Freaking armchair quarterbacks....

Old 10-09-2019, 04:00 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
The Left Is Infuriated; Science Is Settled There’s Only Two Genders
Did someone argue there were more genders? Actually, I have heard of rare disorder, where a person is born with both male and female genitals.

You mean science now denies that?

Old 10-09-2019, 04:01 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Tell your 1st grader that we're talking about gender, not sex.

Even first graders know the truth on this one. This recent redefinition happened for the purpose of pushing an agenda. You bought it. You probably bought the recent racism redefinition too and believe black people can't be racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies