Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 05:28 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,768,035 times

Advertisements

Finally common sense prevails!

Quote:
Appearing on Tuesday night’s edition of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” to defend the ad, Abraham drew from his experience as a family doctor to unequivocally “assure” viewers that it only takes about “three seconds” to determine one of two genders for any born baby.
https://www.longroom.com/discussion/...anged-his-mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 05:34 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Gender is not the same as sex.

You seem awfully preoccupied with this issue, TGTBTU. Odd.

https://www.google.com/search?q=diff...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I promise you, no one is "infuriated" by what some family doc had to say on Tucker's show. What makes some GP an expert on gender identity, anyway? Oh, that's right! Nothing.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:59 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
I'll take a docs word before those of a bunch of flakes that call themselves experts.

Old 10-09-2019, 06:49 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I'll take a docs word before those of a bunch of flakes that call themselves experts.
Any doctor? How about a dentist? What about a doctor of pharmacy? An anesthesiologist? Just MDs or are DOs OK?

Old 10-09-2019, 06:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Gender is not the same as sex.

You seem awfully preoccupied with this issue, TGTBTU. Odd.

https://www.google.com/search?q=diff...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I promise you, no one is "infuriated" by what some family doc had to say on Tucker's show. What makes some GP an expert on gender identity, anyway? Oh, that's right! Nothing.
Yes it is. Only loony SJWs claim gender is a social construct. You are what you are born with. Anything else is mental illness.

Old 10-09-2019, 06:54 AM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Not only are there just two genders, but the genders are not innately “equal” by any stretch of the imagination.

This is nothing but a politically correct liberal lie.

Old 10-09-2019, 06:59 AM

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times
I understand the (academic) difference drawn between gender and sex. I am pro-trans rights because I don't believe truly trans people CHOOSE to be that way. And it must be absolutely awful to have those feelings like your body doesn't match your brain.

I think science, however, doesn't support MORE THAN two genders. Perhaps there's a third (intersex, which is more biological) but being more or less masculine doesn't create NEW GENDERS inbetween male and female.

I feel like in the past 5-10 years there's been a shift away from what we used to understand as transsexualism.... into a bizarre world where there's now 90000 genders. It's occuring during a particularly fascinating radicalization of the trans rights movement.

I actually can't imagine that every trans person buys into that. Used to be, "I'm trans, my gender (mind) does not match my sex (body). I want to take steps to live so that those things match up." This is not something I think anyone would want to deal with.

But now there's this weird push of, "I am neither male nor female.. I am woman in the morning, man in the evening, I have a female penis and menstruation cramps even though I don't have a uterus."

And THAT is where problems are coming from.

The trans-debate is also upending and running into the gay rights debate, with TERF feminists also being affected. Being gay has also been considered by 99% of gay people to be a "hardware" issue. But with all this, "performative gender" nonsense, it's muddying those waters. Trans are now fighting with everyone: the gays, the straights, the women and the feminists. Even the old school trans.

Old 10-09-2019, 07:02 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
I understand the (academic) difference drawn between gender and sex. I am pro-trans rights. I think science, however, doesn't support MORE THAN two genders. Perhaps there's a third (intersex) but being more or less masculine doesn't create NEW GENDERS inbetween male and female.

I feel like in the past 5-10 years there's been a shift away from what we used to understand as transsexualism.... into a bizarre world where there's now 90000 genders. It's occuring during a particularly fascinating radicalization of the trans rights movement.

I actually can't imagine that every trans person buys into that. Used to be, "I'm trans, my gender (mind) does not match my sex (body). I want to take steps to live so that those things match up." This is not something I think anyone would want to deal with.

But now there's this weird push of, "I am neither male nor female.. I am woman in the morning, man in the evening, I have a female penis and menstruation cramps even though I don't have a uterus."

And THAT is where problems are coming from.

The trans-debate is also upending and running into the gay rights debate, with TERF feminists also being affected. Being gay has also been considered by 99% of gay people to be a "hardware" issue. But with all this, "performative gender" nonsense, it's muddying those waters. Trans are now fighting with everyone: the gays, the straights, the women and the feminists. Even the old school trans.
It’s called mental illness.

Old 10-09-2019, 07:07 AM

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It’s called mental illness.

So what? If it's a legit mental illness and all the psychologists in the world agree you can "therapy" or "drug" yourself out of that mental illness, then what do you propose? Lots of mental conditions out there and there's not as much controversy.

Again: Used to not be a huge issue. If you were trans, you got the operation. Or you lived as the other sex without the operation. And that was at a minimum therapeutic. And if it works for someone, that's none of your business. It's not your life.

Besides: in a future world, many things that people do or say (like believe in religions) could be classified as "mental illness" or "signs of mental dysfunction" by whatever class is in power at the time. So let's tread carefully on how we propose to deal with "mental illness."

Old 10-09-2019, 07:12 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Not only are there just two genders, but the genders are not innately “equal” by any stretch of the imagination.

This is nothing but a politically correct liberal lie.
Men and women are not equal. For that matter neither are people from different ethnic backgrounds. (Whoa! Now we are getting controversial and triggery!) Also dogs and cats have different strengths and weaknesses I've noticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies