Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 04:53 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
I am pacifist.

I love many conservative people.

So...nope.

I am not saying Trump is a drinker or a gambler...I am saying he is unstable and irresponsible and that reminds me of my dad...who is those things and also unstable and irresponsible.

If you are truly a pacifist.....ironically, Trump IS your best choice.

The Dem frontrunners have shown themselves to be quite hawkish. And if Hillary jumps in the race - she's made it clear before that she has no issue launching nuclear strikes on China & Russia

Of the past four POTUS - only one really has tried to bring our troops home - that's Trump.

He is the only one to tell western Europe to start picking the up slack, throw in a few bucks, and start fighting their own battles.

And at least he doesn't cowtow to China like Clinton/Bush/Obama did.

I get it - he says a lot of crap on Twitter.... but neither Liz, Bernie, or Joe has shown any better mental stability, either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
The media and Democrats creates problems on Trump. Just think how much forward this country will go with Democrats actually doing their job, instead of having hissy fit because they can't beat Trump.

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The economy is good and I know Trump supporters want to dismiss anything else he does with that one fact. There is much more to be considered, the OP pretty much gave some very good reasons not to vote for him. I don't see a very good counter argument.

What POLICY reasons? Not "I don't like Trump's personality" reasons.

Old 10-17-2019, 04:54 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
A lot of younger voters begin their political lives as Dems, and then convert to Republicans after their increasing income levels become vulnerable to federal income taxes. Or, when they begin saving beyond the emergency fund stash. Those are 2 game changing events in how they view politics. Young voters are takers, but once they become makers, everything changes for most of them.

Our OP is just swimming with the other minnows for now, just as many of us had when we were takers. It's a normal journey for most successful Americans as they progress in their careers. If they stop progressing, they'll likely wind up perpetual takers who blame their lack of success upon us makers. There are lots of these angry voters out there. Of course, there are some takers who become successful makers who remain Democrats, but these are in the minority.

Let's just hope she continues to prosper so she can rendez-vous with us in a few years downstream. Let's try not to do anything that could alienate her. Our door is wide open for you to return if you care to someday.

Old 10-17-2019, 05:00 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
OP: This is America. You vote for who you want. You said you don't like Trump. Please don't let your dad's instability to be compared to President Trump. Trump does not use drugs, smoke or drink. He does not beat his wife or torture his kids. He is more stable then your dad. I'm curious: Who do you want to vote for?

Old 10-17-2019, 05:01 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Trump is too unstable. He constantly is flip flopping...waffling...telling half truths...insulting people...attacking people...saying things that just aren't so. It is so stressful keeping up with his antics. It turns off our allies around the globe. We need a stable adult in charge willing to make tough decisions. His instability causes chaos and coupled with the constant insults prevents him from building successful coalitions. Meanwhile big issues go unchecked...in part because of his inability to build coalitions.
Kind of agree... but I will be voting for Trump.

I am most frustrated by Trumps inability or unwillingness to keep his promises. He made big promises on immigration that he hasn't kept and so I am not sure why I would reelection him. However...I think most of his antics are a result of his constant attack by forces on the left. I cannot abide by rewarding them for that.

Second, the left is absolutely nuts. They have taken off all pretense of being sane or American and I cannot vote for that.

I kind of like annoying our allies. They need to not take us for granted.

I am tired of coalitions. Typically they are the US putting up and the rest of the world doing nothing but appearing like they are helping.

Old 10-17-2019, 05:08 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
It will be my first time being old enough to vote in 2020 and I am excited. However, my options will be the Democratic Candidate or one of the Smaller Party Candidates. I can't see myself voting for Trump.

Before I list why, I want to make it clear that no....not all Trump supporters are bad and Trump himself isn't 100% bad...we are all a mixed bag of good and bad.

Trump is too unstable. He constantly is flip flopping...waffling...telling half truths...insulting people...attacking people...saying things that just aren't so. It is so stressful keeping up with his antics. It turns off our allies around the globe. We need a stable adult in charge willing to make tough decisions. His instability causes chaos and coupled with the constant insults prevents him from building successful coalitions. Meanwhile big issues go unchecked...in part because of his inability to build coalitions.

Has the media been 100% fair to Trump? Of course not. But has Trump been 100% fair to the American people and many individuals? Of course not.

I say this as the daughter of a father who was extremely unstable with alcohol and gambling issues after my mother died. I know I am likely to get mocked for this...but Trump reminds me of my dad's instability and causes stress. Everyday it is a new problem. Everyday it is a new insult. Everyday it is instability and irresponsibility.

I crave for responsible and stable adults in positions of power...and Trump simply is neither.

You can mock me if you must....I won't mock back.

P.S. I am not saying Trump is a drunken gambler. I am saying that his instability reminds me of my dad's instability and irresponsibility who is.
Your post is just a bunch of meaningless emotional non sense of why you can t vote for Trump. It is based on nothing concrete, in your whole diatribe you do not mention any of Trump's policy decisions foreign or domestic. That is how a informed voter which you are definitely not would base their decision on.

Don t feel bad you are not alone there are millions that cast votes because he reminds me of my drunken father and other brain dead reasons. Put all your emotional judgement aside and look at a candidate for what they have done and what they stand for.

Trump might get my vote because of his foreign policy. He is driving the neo cons and the war mongering left nuts. And that is a good thing.

Old 10-17-2019, 05:09 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
QuakerBaker — I understand your frustration with Trump’s personality and some of his behavior. But if you look at the democrat Party’s behavior, they truly make Trump look benign.
I look for RESULTS in a President. And Trump is getting many things done that I agree with even in the face of 24/7 TDS and fake conspiracies by the media and Dems — sadly, Trump brings on much of this himself. Often he is his own worst enemy....

But the democrat party has become so radical and antiAmerican, anti sovereignty, anti capitalist — a party of anarchists and bullies that disrespect law and order, encourage civil disobedience and unrest, that encourage open harassment
and violence of conservatives, that silence opposing opinions with censure, lies, doxing, destructive character assassinations, and fake hate crime hoaxes and conspiracies. They’ve created the worse racial division in decades —Anyone who disagrees with them or wants border security or voter ID, or more personal responsibility is RACIST!!
They throw feces and urine on ICE, Border Patrol agents, and police officers. They apologize for and minimize Islamic terrorism and to speak of it means you are a RACIST!!
This is NOT a party I want in control of our country......

Trump has done more to help minorities in this country in just three years than any presidents in my lifetime. More minorities are employed than ever before.
He’s creating good paying jobs, rise in wages, he’s rewarding businesses who participate in his Opportunity Zones in blighted minority cities, he’s rewarding businesses that participate in his “learn and earn” training programs. He’s bringing jobs back to America. He’s supporting school choice, sometching blacks are overwhelming in favor of, but Dems reject.
He’s finally cracking down on China. Etc etc etc

Show me one thing Dems have done for minorities besides keep them trapped in welfare poverty.
Show me one thing Dems have done to stop illegal immigration??!
Show me one thing Dems have done to fix our horrible trade imbalance, or China’s massive theft of our intellectual properties??!

So QuakerBaker are you going to vote for RESULTS or for distasteful personality traits?

Last edited by mountainrose; 10-17-2019 at 05:29 AM..

Old 10-17-2019, 05:10 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
It will be my first time being old enough to vote in 2020 and I am excited. However, my options will be the Democratic Candidate or one of the Smaller Party Candidates. I can't see myself voting for Trump.

Before I list why, I want to make it clear that no....not all Trump supporters are bad and Trump himself isn't 100% bad...we are all a mixed bag of good and bad.

Has the media been 100% fair to Trump? Of course not. But has Trump been 100% fair to the American people and many individuals? Of course not.

I say this as the daughter of a father who was extremely unstable with alcohol and gambling issues after my mother died. I know I am likely to get mocked for this...but Trump reminds me of my dad's instability and causes stress. Everyday it is a new problem. Everyday it is a new insult. Everyday it is instability and irresponsibility.

I crave for responsible and stable adults in positions of power...and Trump simply is neither.

You can mock me if you must....I won't mock back.

P.S. I am not saying Trump is a drunken gambler. I am saying that his instability reminds me of my dad's instability and irresponsibility who is.
Ah to be young and think that everything they think is correct even if it is completely wrong... I had a gambling, alcohol addicted father but Trump never once reminded me of him... Insults? You must not watch the daily TV or the anti-Trumpers on this forum much... But do vote for whoever you like but don't pretend to have the higher ground, it's insulting... The irony...

Old 10-17-2019, 05:14 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What POLICY reasons? Not "I don't like Trump's personality" reasons.
Foreign policy, deficits, health care, infrastructure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies