Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 09:21 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,371,798 times

Advertisements

A substantial component of the Democrats' coalition (what I think of as the "point-and-grunt" contingent) can't even tell -- let alone explain, the difference between voting to impeach (by the House) and voting to remove after as trial (in the Senate).

Old 10-19-2019, 09:22 AM

24,573 posts, read 18,363,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
There is NOTHING astute about Rush Lipbomb.
I think that pandering to poorly educated people who lack any capabilities for critical thought and earning millions for it is very astute. It may be intellectually dishonest but the guy is really good at it.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:33 AM

17,855 posts, read 13,780,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You are confused.
  1. Rudy Giuliani publicly announces planned trip to Ukraine April, 2019, pressing a debunked conspiracy theory.
  2. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch was recalled from her post May 6, 2019, no successor named.
  3. Donald Trump claimed on a Fox News interview May 19, 2019 that Joe Biden pressured Ukraine to fire a prosecutor who was after his son. That claim has been proven false. (Hunter Biden did not join the board until after the money laundering episode by the company owner took place, and Biden was not implicated in any crimes nor the subject of any investigation.)
  4. Petro Poroshenko leaves office officially on May 20, 2019, replaced by Volodymyr Zelenskyj
  5. Allocated funding for military aid is withheld sometime in this period, no public explanation is given and the Pentagon is not informed of the reason.
  6. Text messages between US diplomats discussing the withholding of military aid (until an investigation into Joe Biden is publicly announced by Ukraine) start floating back and forth. Meanwhile Zelenskyj wants the weaponry released and presses for a phone call and meeting with president Trump, this is discussed in the text messages.
  7. The troublesome phone call between Trump and Zelenskyj takes place on June 25, 2019. White House lawyers make the public record inaccessible by hiding the transcript in a server with no outside connections set aside for covert operations.
  8. Whistleblower complaint is filed August 12, 2019. The complaint is diverted and tabled instead of forwarded according to the law.

A line-by-line analysis of the report that triggered the Ukraine scandal

Funds to Ukraine are finally released September 11, 2019.

There is nothing about any of this that goes back three years, the entire episode is enclosed within a few months of the 2019 calendar year. This is not connected to anything else Donald J. Trump may or may not have done in the past.
Meh, it's another "nothingburger".............

However, if you replace a few names.......say Obama for Trump, Judith Corley for Guiliani and Dick Cheney and his daughter for Joe Biden and his son...........

You got yourself the 'crime of the century'..............LOL.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:38 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,371,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I think that pandering to poorly educated people who lack any capabilities for critical thought and earning millions for it is very astute. It may be intellectually dishonest but the guy is really good at it.
Rush Limbaugh (and his successors Hannity, Carlson and Ingraham) have done a remarkable 30-year job of exposing the contradictions, "pop wisdom" and outright lies at the center of faux "liberal" Leftism.

Limbaugh led the way as a provoker -- exposing the appeals to emotionalism and faked sensitivity that lie at the center of most Lefty talking points. But after the opening monologue, he's always been very good at refuting the Leftist spew with the appeals to empirical reason which have drawn more and more of us to an objective, conservative underpinning -- with the religiously- and nationalistically-grounded absolutes not discarded, but suitably toned down.

This is why the libertarian (uncapitalized) contingent represents the fastest-growing element within the conservative consensus -- and why the Democrats can only counter it by recruiting among the losers, failures, illegal immigrants, teenyboppers and snowflakes -- a lot of whom will wise up as the lessons of the real world sink in.

Step into the ring, Lefties -- we're ready to take you on anytime.

This is Why We Won. And will win again.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 10-19-2019 at 10:16 AM..

Old 10-19-2019, 09:41 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,577,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You failed when you used the word astute with Rush.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:52 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,826,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well, I don't get the Fox News channel, so I don't know what they are saying. But, the impeachment process is outlined in the Constitution, and you can not do true discovery without voting for the Articles of Impeachment which STARTS THE PROCESS.
Right, but how do you get to the process without a thorough investigation and facts to present for an impeachment vote? What do you do with an administration that constantly obstructs, lies, and deflects with manufactured conspiracy look over there theories echoed by mouthpieces like Limbaugh?

The answer is oversight. Congress has a constitutional obligation to investigate any and all high crimes and misdemeanors. Congress does not need an impeachment inquiry vote to conduct investigations. If impeachable offenses are discovered, they are presented to the Senate for trial. With or without an impeachment inquiry vote, it goes straight to an impeachment vote in the house.

I've noticed this one size fits all mentality with right wing thinkers. If there's no impeachment inquiry vote it's illegitimate? It's bizarre. There is more than one way to skin a crooked pole cat

Old 10-19-2019, 09:54 AM

10,867 posts, read 4,397,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think it is very telling, and hilarious, that the people on the right have sources like Limbaugh, Jones, Hannity, and Carlton feeding them their information. If there were ever people who looked more like snake oil salesmen of old, it would be those 4.

Their "shows" are more like circus side shows than actual news and information sources. Strictly for entertainment purposes.
And what is Don Lemon?

Old 10-19-2019, 09:58 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,973,648 times
Dems failed at their promise to beat Trump and their promise of him not not lasting more than a year. They also promised utter ruin yet here we are with a roaring economy.

Yet here we are with Trump sailing along as he has for 3 years. Every second, minute, hour, day he’s on the job is just more failure by the dems.

Trump is politicking on HARD mode...and doing it.

Maybe this man is a genius?

Alls I know is that I DON’T CARE about all the politics...I just want my life to keep going by in the backdrop of our current economy.

When I hear people complaining I just see one of those crying baby faces and think “do you need a bottle you whittle baby”.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:59 AM

59,346 posts, read 27,515,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think it is very telling, and hilarious, that the people on the right have sources like Limbaugh, Jones, Hannity, and Carlton feeding them their information. If there were ever people who looked more like snake oil salesmen of old, it would be those 4.

Their "shows" are more like circus side shows than actual news and information sources. Strictly for entertainment purposes.
I think it is very telling, and hilarious, that the people on the left have sources like ALL the alphabet media plus many big city newspapers.

"Their "shows" are more like circus side shows than actual news and information sources. Strictly for entertainment purposes." The same can be said about the left.

Old 10-19-2019, 10:00 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,874,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Naw... trump is the gift to Democrats that keeps on giving.

BTW, how is Rush doing with his recovery from addiction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies