Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 05:19 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's common knowledge that google censors and ranks websites per its own algorithm.

At least to people paying attention.

I saw this recently when I could not find a youtuber's videos. They would come up when posted on other youtube channels, but his youtube channel? Nope. Wasn't even listed.

So yes, google shows you what it *wants* to show you. Not what's actually available.
Yes, "at least to people paying attention". Key words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 05:37 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Your comment is extreme and laughable in our times today but years back before modern medicine, they did a lot of healing with what they had.
If those treatments worked they would NOT have come up with other options.

If drinking your pee cured cancer, there would be no need for chemo.

They came up with medical options that stopped people dying and succumbing to simple diseases, and complicated medical conditions.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-20-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If those treatments worked they would NOT have come up with other options.

If drinking your pee cured cancer, there would be no need for chemo.

They came up with medical options that stopped people dying and succumbing to simple diseases, and complicated medical conditions.
Oh Mikala, time marches on and corporations grow and grow and it's called the modern world. Pharma is about money making, can't make money on pee. And urine therapy is a real therapy. And very affordable. Many have gotten rid of toe fungus with their urine. Not a joke.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:39 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's your choice, but ultimately you will have a serious health condition and "alternative medicine" is not going to do anything for you, so you'll end up eating crow.
Although "Eating Crow" is a tried and true 'alternative medical treatment', it has been proven not to cure any known ailments and in fact could lead to a serious case of depression.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:59 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
More of less, they're taking urine for cancer because their cancer is now incurable by chemo and are reaching out for anything that might help. It doesn't make either conventional therapy or alternatives bad as a whole. I've found problems with both conventional medication and supplements/alternatives as they don't adequately address the risks. Statistics show a lot of patients don't take certain drugs because of the side effects and because the doctors don't make any real effort to address these problems. On the other hand, there are people who so blindly advocate for certain supplements or "natural" drugs that they ignore risks or deficiencies. There is too much cheer-leading in the alternative therapy space, and people get tired of being bothered with ridiculous claims that a certain supplement or herb prevented a condition. You can't prove something prevented a condition if you never had the disease to begin with or that it made it better if you still have the condition.

doctors tend to prescribe drugs for which they're compensated handsomely

Old 10-21-2019, 02:16 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
You know what they call alternative medicine that works?

Medicine.

Old 10-21-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
You know what they call alternative medicine that works?

Medicine.
I've been taking the Grape Seed Extract medicine for going on 25 yrs and it WORKS. Kept me from the pharma sudafed, drixoral and allergist visits and their shots. Love NOT going to doctors.

Old 10-21-2019, 02:39 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've been taking the Grape Seed Extract medicine for going on 25 yrs and it WORKS. Kept me from the pharma sudafed, drixoral and allergist visits and their shots. Love NOT going to doctors.
Grape seed extract has some documented benefits. That's not alternative medicine. Well unless you're claiming it does things beyond what it's proven to do.

Have to remember that the placebo effect also "works". Which is why so much study, double blind testing, etc is required rather than anecdotes.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Grape seed extract has some documented benefits. That's not alternative medicine. Well unless you're claiming it does things beyond what it's proven to do.

Have to remember that the placebo effect also "works". Which is why so much study, double blind testing, etc is required rather than anecdotes.
Oh my body is proof of it all.

Good Gums (no Dentists)
Good Eye Sight (no eye docs)
Good Hearing ( no aids)
No cancers

I know no others my age which 81 who can say the above.

This is Alternative Medicine...food based and works on all circulatory issues of the body.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:40 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:

That there is crazy talk! All you need is some of this here rhino horn powder and psychic crystals.

But hey, isn't this unproven conspiracy garbage best left for the alternative medicine forum where various crackpots have their safe space?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies