Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 02:21 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,680,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is so true. We have so many people that smoke, vape, eat food that they know is bad for them and drink alcohol excessively and they don't give a toss that it will shorten their lives and put them in the hospital at the tax payers expense.

We have people that turn to a life of crime not so much out of necessity but more as a hobby and a way to be tough. They rob steal and hurt others until they get caught, tossed in prison at the tax payers expense and now we have politicians telling them that it is not their fault but that of society.

We have another slew of people that willing inject drugs into their bodies knowing that if they overdose the public funded first responders will be there to revive them.

There are so many people that don't care about their futures knowing that the Government will be there to help them. For these slacker bozos they lack what used to be called personal pride and they laugh at the old fashioned notion of personal responsibility.

Since this thread is in the political forum I would add that it is the Democrats that are pushing for programs to enable the slackers while they try to tear down a President that is trying to lift everyone to a higher standard and allowing them to achieve more. The real bad guys are not the Republicans.
Are ya kidding?? This last paragraph is amusing.

I will add though, to what was said, that too many people are also sexually irresponsible, then automatically create and raise children under any circumstances, which is where problems originate from that you mention. Babies do not pop out of the womb being so troubled, but can inherit addiction, mental illnesses and / or be raised poorly without guidance and having negative influences. Then those people create others. These are reasons for many issues that could be avoided, but it continues. Psychology is at the root, having stability and proper guidance is what helps to create balance, positive traits, decision-making, direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 08:42 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,120,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Happens with every president. Every president does this.

Completely irrelevant to the thread.
https://presidentialgolftracker.com/...ma-golf-games/

"President Trump has spent more time on the golf course and by a wide margin. Trump has been at the golf course 170 times in his first 821 days as president, Obama was at the course 65 times over the same period of time. "

Old 11-08-2019, 08:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
https://presidentialgolftracker.com/...ma-golf-games/

"President Trump has spent more time on the golf course and by a wide margin. Trump has been at the golf course 170 times in his first 821 days as president, Obama was at the course 65 times over the same period of time. "
In the meantime... I am going to force YOU, to pay for my mistakes and really bad choices over the years I made.

Old 11-08-2019, 01:30 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,814,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In the USA the individual has a choice. Government does not make them for you, or there to clean up the bed you made... If they did, you would be the property of the government. Are you property?
Forcing you to pay for me.....
Forcing you to work for my benefit.

Just think if the slaves had AK-47's?

Some have a choice some don't. I don't. If I did I'd be in a better job by now. I'd have moved out of state years ago. I mean if you looked it up in the dictionary what we do would fit the word choice but critically thinking a choice isn't always truly a choice. A choice is a variety of factors not just the actions of one person.

It reminds me of the free will argument. God made free will they said but free will isn't really free will if everyone is supposed to have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Some choose not to pursuit every opportunity given to them by others, to get out of a bad situation.
Most bad situations are because public education no longer emphasizes personal money management and finances. People live on the easy come easy go, attitudes and it bites them hard.

Some=/all
They don't emphasize a lot of important things so of course the person in question ends up making a bad decision. They had no choice to do anything different than what they technically decided to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies