Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2019, 01:28 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,015,716 times

Advertisements

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-worker-deaths

AOC was widely criticized for spearheading an effort to drive Amazon from her district. Even self-described 'progressive' and failed presidential candidate Mayor Bill DeBlasio ripped AOC.
https://nypost.com/2019/02/15/de-bla...ple-want-jobs/

It turns out that AOC was right in this case.

Quote:
In September, Billy Foister, a 48-year-old Amazon warehouse worker, died after a heart attack at work. According to his brother, an Amazon human resources representative informed him at the hospital that Billy had lain on the floor for 20 minutes before receiving treatment....
Quote:
The incident is among the latest in a series of accidents and fatalities that have led to Amazon’s inclusion on the National Council for Occupational Safety and Health’s 2019 Dirty Dozen list of the most dangerous employers in the United States. The report cited six Amazon worker deaths....
Maybe AOC just likes having her constituents alive, not lying dead on a warehouse floor of a company notorious for demanding a punishing pace of employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 06:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Amazon is no different than any other warehouse. Warehouse stocking is typically a more injury prone worksite along with construction and shops. The problem often is that people aren't around others when accidents or even non-work injuries (heart attacks) happen.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:35 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,377,233 times
I'm not a huge Amazon fan but that article is a cheap hit piece and I see your critical thinking skills still haven't improved.

Fail

Old 10-21-2019, 06:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,892,093 times
Having worked 27 years in a factory, I have to call BS on the story. It's a 1 sided hit piece.
1. How long was he down before he was noticed?
2. How many people were first aid qualified? IF you are not a first responder qualified you are not allowed to conduct first aid. You will be fired for it because if you injured the victim both you and the company will be sued. Yes that sucks, blame the lawyers, our legal system and deep pocket mentality juries for that.
3. The brother says? No, no chance of butt hurt there right?

4. Did the man have a heart condition that he hid from Amazon? Many do this thinking that they can handle the work load.

I'll need more info and not just a grieving brother's word..

Mean while I just ordered a new kindle from amazon to replace the one I have had for like 10 years. I like Amazon.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 10-21-2019 at 06:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies