Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2019, 02:27 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,839,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This sham of an impeachment inquiry does not allow republicans to participate. They are bystanders, and only a few are allowed to actually ask questions, but that is not equality, and it's a joke to claim Republicans are participating.

When Andrew Johnson was impeached they had a full vote of the House before proceeding. The same happened in the Nixon and the Clinton impeachment efforts. There was a full vote before the house started their inquiry... and now we have 'no' vote in the house to authorize anything.

We should follow the same precedents as were followed in 1974 and 1998, why aren't we?
Why are you lying?

You said earlier they weren't allowed in and now you say they are but its not fair.

You were lying then and you are lying now about it not being fair. You have no credibility, and no spine either because you are afraid to own your own lies.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 10-24-2019 at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 02:27 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,094,965 times
47 House republicans have the authority to attend these "secret" SCIF meetings. But they chose to lie and create some sort of publicity stunt with their stand-in, pretending that they don't have access and are being kept out of these meetings.

Trump voters....anything?

https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/statu...55561911816192

Old 10-24-2019, 02:28 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,787,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
There are 413 posts in this thread and you're upset with me because I didn't read all 413 of them?

Pelosi is not following the precedents for impeachment that were followed in 1974 and in 1998. This is not a proper impeachment inquiry the Full House has Not voted to authorize anything. all that has occurred is Nancy Pelosi has chosen a few select Democrat and they are performing a secret unauthorized impeachment inquiry of the president excluding the Republicans and excluding the president from participating at all.
The problem is that you don't come in and ask questions, but you start spouting the same BS that has been debunked pages ago. Then...Then...you go on a further rant repeating the same disproved 'facts' from other areas of the thread. So, is this intentional or are you just lazy?

Old 10-24-2019, 02:29 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,715,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
I would like to thank the DEMS for destroying what little unity this country had................
Trump's sponsor, Putin, is the entity you should be thanking!

Old 10-24-2019, 02:29 PM

17,694 posts, read 6,952,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Really? Please provide a link to the transcript, which should have the times on it.
Still waiting for a link to the transcript.

Oh, it's not available and never will be. Maybe minutes before the Stalinists vote to impeach while being cheered on by their sycophants.

Old 10-24-2019, 02:30 PM

38,014 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The only fact that matters is that this post is BS.

Despite Republicans and Russians stomping their terrible feet, gnashing their terrible teeth, telling witnesses not to testify, encouraging people to ignore subpoenas, busting into a Committee meeting in a SCIF, ... the impeachment inquiry continues.

As Trump's acting Chief of Staff put it, "Get over it."
Pelosi ignores 50 years of precedent concerning something as serious as the protocol and procedures for impeachment of the president, and your reply is to just get over it?

Old 10-24-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Where did you hear this? What exactly does a "minder" do? Is there a gag ball in use?
That information is available from many primary and secondary sources. I'm unsurprised it's news to you because I am certain the DNC's propaganda outlets have no interest in reporting the details of Schiff's abuses.

Old 10-24-2019, 02:39 PM

48,559 posts, read 34,927,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
That information is available from many primary and secondary sources. I'm unsurprised it's news to you because I am certain the DNC's propaganda outlets have no interest in reporting the details of Schiff's abuses.
So you can show me nothing? I read a wide range of news reports, from a multitude of sources.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-24-2019, 02:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
These hearings are following procedure to a T. Trey Gowdy, when interviewed on October 15, stated that the hearings should be done in private. Is he a secret Dem?

The rule governing these hearings was written in 2015 by the Republican majority and signed by John Boehner.

There are 47 Republicans in the 'secret hearings.'

The other day, a legal pundit stated:

When the facts are against you, argue the law.

When the law is against you, argue the facts.

When both the facts and the law are against you--attack the process.

Old 10-24-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So you can show me nothing? I read a wide range of news reports, from a multitude of sources.
I don't provide links on C-D generally, as the typical response is to simply attack the source itself or, more often, me for citing the source.

You have google. But since google is also run by the left, it may take some work on your part. But I assure you the information is out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies