Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2019, 11:59 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times

Advertisements

But this is nothing but an abuse of power by Trump, his Administration, the AG, the DOJ, etc.

Move on... move on! Nothing to see here!

Pfft!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2019, 12:00 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
I agree with what you have to say. I am reminded that impeachment under our constitution is primarily a political process, not a legal process. The founders did not provide much specific process guidance or parameters as such.

So much of the Trump antagonism is personality based. I voted for action in a few specific areas, appointment of originalists to our federal judiciary, effort toward tightening up our southern border and overall immigration reform, including quotas based upon needs, stricter monitoring emplyment and so forth, reduction in business regulations and taxation...

I am not totally satisfied with the results at this point, but campaign promises made and campaign promises kept or at least efforts made toward the promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I have no problem with the democrats "investigating" Trump and what was said or not said to Ukranian officials.... Just an issue with it being behind closed doors AND Trump's legal team not being able to interview the witnesses... Which is how things are done in our legal system... Other than that, investigate Trump and lay out ALL the facts to the American people to see.

As for the criminal investigation into the supported and/or funded Democrats actions, which may or may not have possibly led to allowing the CIA/NSA to spy/entrap American citizens and more important, lying to the FISA courts to get the warrants to allow these possibly illegal actions.

I'm Center-Right, but believe that we need to hold ALL elected officials accountable for their actions... Regardless of what party they belong to.

If Trump committed a felony level crime, then impeach him in an open hearing so the American people can see the evedence of any wrong doing. If senior high level government officials with deep ties to the democrat party and lied, in order to disrupt the election and presidency of a Consitutionally elected POTUS, then these individuals and ALL their coconspirators need to stand criminal trial and if convicted in a open court, serve time in a federal prison.

I want to believe in our legal system and I'm starting to loose faith since it appears that we that two separate legal systems... One for the people of the United States and another for senior high level government officials who can lie and purposely mislead the American people.

Get rid of the political BS and show the American people the facts, not some made up lies or false story line to confuse the low information citizen/voter.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:01 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Calm down....funny you are now worried about facts...

Yes, they had an inquiry, they evidently found something and now made it a criminal investigation, because you don't know what they found means nothing, give it time.
They meaning Barr found something that the IG overlooked.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:04 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Just came back in here to see if any arrests have been made yet.

Well?

Durham is "closing in". And if I'm permitted to say that half as long as your side said it with Mueller then I'll be saying it well into Trump's second term.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:07 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
One of the things you folks with TDS apparently don't comprehend is now that this is a CRIMINAL investigation, it is out of the hands of the House of Representatives, where the democrats can carefully sweep all of this under the carpet. This being criminal places it in the realm of the DOJ and the federal courts. Pelosi and Schiff cannot run interference in this.

This is going to be fun to watch. Karma is... well you know.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
How could Barr and his entourage and Durham fly all over the world, going to Italy twice, Australia and the UK, spending tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars and come up with nothing? This will be a spectacle designed to deflect from Trump's crimes and legal issues. The public will not care because they have no more of an idea what this is about than those jetsetting around the world look for dirt for Donny the Ego.

They do understand what the grifter in chief has done, as it is so thuglike in nature.

This will give the Trump the talking points he needs for his rallies. And those are the only people who will even believe Mr. Four Pinocchios. And big deal. The next administration will be investigating Barr and Trump. They are setting a precedent that will come back to by them in the butt. And so it goes.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
"The noose is tightening" "The walls are closing in"
for real this time

Old 10-25-2019, 12:26 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
There is no evidence to that effect. They have been investigated since 2017 and all people ever complain about are text messages that show their political opinions. But there have been no reports concerning actions taken or on the job issues related to the investigation.

I have followed Hannity’s argument on these two and he never states they did something wrong in a official capacity. He just says “they must have because they don’t like Trump”, that is a political and speculative argument but not one of wrong doing.

I guarantee every American with a 9-5 job would get fired if their boss got ahold of their text messages. Any American who has their text messages taken out of context or spun through the political machine would look like a lunatic about to go postal. Heck the messages my wife and I send each other would make some think we hate one another.
Actually they do have more than Text Messages with political opinions - they have a lot of text messages & emails that have not been disclosed --- YET. Anyone who listens to Hannity (and entertainment venue) for their 'news' is no better than those who slurp up everything that the CNN/MSNBC folks say.
They are 2 sides of the same coin ... and that coin is play money.

Durham now has Mifsud’s two cell phones from Italy, and they both have UK Sim cards. That means MI6, and leads to corrupt Brennan and Clapper EC predicate. Keep in mind that what AG Barr and Durham have been investigating is "The Predicate" to the Dirty Dossier and "Russia-Russia-Russia" - TeamMueller took the Dirty Dossier as Settled FACT and didn't care to look at how/why it all happened. They didn't need to look -- Peter Strzok was their lead investigator and he was also the FBI/CIA facilitator.

Biggest Problem the Spygate/Crossfire Hurricane/Insurance Policy folks have is that AG Barr has full authority over Redactions now + he brought in Durham from outside of Washington to head up the Review - which is now a Criminal Investigation. That doesn't even get into the FISA Court & FISA Law (which concerns the NSA) part of the deal.

Check out yesterday's Court Filing in the Michael Flynn case ...... 37 page filing
https://www.scribd.com/document/4319...ady-Material-1

The very fact that Flynn's Attorney NOW has this information from the DOJ - means it's about to blow open.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:40 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They meaning Barr found something that the IG overlooked.
Or "they" found what comey/mueller time just did not care about....

Old 10-25-2019, 12:46 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
I find it fascinating who have been suckered by RWNJs into diving deep into a conspiratorial rabbit hole only to find nothing at the bottom are so willing to defenestrate themselves by diving down new rabbit holes peddled by those same RWNJs. They should study this phenomenon in psychiatric institutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies