Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 12:05 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
When he visited my town for his rally he stayed overnight. Cops worked extra hours, city offices and schools were closed, streets were blocked off every time he moved anywhere. Extra security and city disruption isn't free just so he can schmooze with donors and have cultists fawn over him. That has no governmental function or purpose other than to prop up his ego. This is a blue state and many of the rally morons were from out of state. He was hoping for a confrontation for Fox news to film and make a big deal over but he was ignored (mission failure).

When he visited my town in Florida, someone in the crowd hollered that we should just shoot immigrants. Trump laughed and implied that only in this part of America can a person get away with that. I was disgusted. People had to come from Alabama, GA, and all parts of Florida to fill the place up which was not even a large gathering. I hope it is the last time he ever comes here. We are getting our house ready to sell so we can get the hell out of Florida.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Trump owes the people =https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/t...-c-72070725799
but that cheap con artist will never pay what he owes.

Old 10-27-2019, 01:21 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,420,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The Trump campaign is not paying cities for police overtime, venue fees, and other expenses. Who would have thought? The campaign owes millions of dollars to many cities across the country; over $500,000 each just to Minneapolis and El Paso. Cities can't say no; they have to provide the extra protection and venue whether POTUS is a deadbeat of not. Oh, the irony; Trump is directly stiffing the people who voted for him. Now that's a way of giving his supporters the finger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUjo...ature=youtu.be
says who? you? stop crying about Trump all the time.....

Old 10-27-2019, 06:25 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
When he visited my town for his rally he stayed overnight. Cops worked extra hours, city offices and schools were closed, streets were blocked off every time he moved anywhere. Extra security and city disruption isn't free just so he can schmooze with donors and have cultists fawn over him. That has no governmental function or purpose other than to prop up his ego. This is a blue state and many of the rally morons were from out of state. He was hoping for a confrontation for Fox news to film and make a big deal over but he was ignored (mission failure).
Why should taxpayers be picking up the cost for all of this?

The idea that those busloads of Trump fans are boosting the economy is just nonsense. If this all-you-can-eat buffet crowd spent more than $20@ on anything but donating to Trump it would be a miracle.

Old 10-27-2019, 06:26 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
We're waiting for convictions, c'mon show us........which were claimed by many of you. Any huge corporation will have a ton of judgments and fines. How does this make Trump a bad man? I have a very small construction company and I'm going to court now with a subcontractor.....that makes me a bad man? No, he screwed me....did y'all ever think of that possibility?

You guys seem to think that the owner of a huge worldwide corporation is personally knowledgable of everything that goes on in his company......really....?
So you're saying the City of Green Bay, Wisconsin, El Paso, Texas, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, and many others screwed Trump? How? They offered him good and services for a fee. He accepted the goods and services, then did not pay for them. Now if this were a one time thing, it could just be an oversight or mistake, but he has been doing this for decades and has done this in several cities. But this isn't a mistake. It's called DT is a deadbeat and doesn't pay his bills.

Old 10-27-2019, 06:33 AM

Shouldn't all these unpaid bills be listed as contributions to his campaign?

Old 10-27-2019, 06:47 AM

Over the years, Trump has piled up thousands of lawsuits for not paying bills. The electricians who worked on that Trump DC hotel had to sue to get paid.

They won an award for their work and Trump claimed it was substandard.

Trump is a deadbeat. I don't know why venues and cities don't demand payment up front.

Old 10-27-2019, 06:47 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
lol ....this silliness again?

there are cities that sent the Obama campaign bills they never paid. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Old 10-27-2019, 06:57 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The Trump campaign is not paying cities for police overtime, venue fees, and other expenses. Who would have thought? The campaign owes millions of dollars to many cities across the country; over $500,000 each just to Minneapolis and El Paso. Cities can't say no; they have to provide the extra protection and venue whether POTUS is a deadbeat of not. Oh, the irony; Trump is directly stiffing the people who voted for him. Now that's a way of giving his supporters the finger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUjo...ature=youtu.be

BS. As usual.

Old 10-27-2019, 07:02 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lol ....this silliness again?

there are cities that sent the Obama campaign bills they never paid. That's the way the cookie crumbles.
I certainly wouldn't be surprised either.... So are you saying Trump is no better than Obama in regards???? A great man and president would rise above that... "Make America Great Again" starts with Trump's own actions as president.

I typically am pro-business. However, I don't like it when the big business screws the little guys... and Trump has a long history of doing this as a businessman.. and now he's screwing the locals of these rally hosting venues.

Mama always said, two wrongs don't make a right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies