Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 10:21 PM

18,090 posts, read 27,546,002 times

Advertisements

Great program on Fox News today.

This program is about the hero American Law Officers who have been injured, killed, abused by worthless criminals across America and the liberal left's blind eye to such atrocities.

Injured officer Ryan O'Connor shares his story.

The Gary Sinise Foundation has been a Godsend for these people, their families. The foundation builds Smart Homes for these people, among other things.

The Mistrust... Darrin Porcher, former Police Lieutenant, says the Police and Community relationship should be symbiotic, not separated. Hundreds of thousands of reactions happen between community and police that are never seen. All we see in the media are the bad occurrences.

Oh, except for that garbage happening in New York City this summer. That was disgusting. What was just as bad or worse was the crowd's reaction.

Darren Porcher: New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago, the toughest gun laws in the country, look at the gun violence. Body cams vs the snipets we see on cell phone videos. We see these snippets which look bad with no context. The body cams show the beginning, the middle, and the end.

It becomes a whe different story than we hear on the news, aka Black Lies Murder.

Joe Gamaldi (Fraternal Order of Police National Vice President): we have active DAs and Judges who are not prosecuting gun crimes. They are giving sweet deals to the criminals... Kim Foxx from Chicago, Kim ?? from Houston, Mosbey in Baltimore, Krasner in Philadelphia...

Why aren't we, they, throwing the dirtbags in jail.

Dean Cain, actor and reserve Police officer in Idaho, talks about training kids about online predators. He decided to step up when he saw what the court of public opinion was doing to the nation.

Also, there was a segment on the fact suicide kills more officers than those killed in the line of duty.

Harris herself spoke, describing herself as a military brat, said 19% of officers are retired military.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-27-2019 at 11:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 11:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,707,167 times
The USA is one of the most highly imprisoned nations in the world, so I don't get what the problem is.

If any police feels like committing suicide, then it's time to change jobs. Too bad how many jobs are thankless.

Don't forget it's a two way street when it comes to police officers. One of them in Oklahoma City got 263 years in prison on 18 counts of sexually assaulting women.

You'll find the overall crime rate is higher in red states. For instance, the overall crime rate in Tulsa is 137% higher than the national average. It will be interesting to see how high the murder rate goes up in Tulsa after constitutional laws go into effect in Oklahoma on Nov. 1. Police shootings of people are high in that state.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:16 AM

4,938 posts, read 2,085,745 times
I agree that being a Law Enforcement Officer is a thankless job and a job that you're exposed to all the ugliness that man can create every single day while on that job. Often, these experiences do wear you down, both at work and even while off-duty and at home since many of those horrific experiences do stay with you for the rest of your life... Something that only LEOs, EMTs, ER Medical Staff, Firefighters and Soldiers can understand.

As of today, most every law enforcement department/agency cannot find enough qualified people to fill the ranks as officers and for the past five or so years, several SJW groups, as well as selected media outlets has created a somewhat disconnect with the public by sending out a non-stop flow of disinformation... Causing more stress on the officers since they're now required to work longer hours since those shifts has to be filled by somebody, often in communities that distrust them.

The last thing ANY department/agency wants to do is lower the requirements to be a LEO, which I think most everybody can agree on... Back in the early/mid 90s, several North New Jersey departments did lower some of their standards to attract more people from these local communities. It didn't take too long to see that it was a major mistake, due to numerous serious issues these individuals caused.

Recruiters are working overtime and even offering very descent employment bonuses to attract qualified men and women and even larger bonuses to attract current LEOs from other departments to switch over. Not only is recruitment an ongoing issue, retention is also suffering since many younger officers leave once they experience that first "Life and Death" incident or after they realize that work comes first and vacation(s)/time-off comes in as a distant second since you still have to squeeze in quarterly mandatory training throughout the year.

I don't have the answer why LEOs are committing suicide at a very alarming rate, but most everybody that becomes a LEO wants to help others. So maybe, in return, people can show them a little understanding for the difficult job they do. Please do not think we do not need the police or other LEOs... Without them, it would be daily chaos in the streets with the strong, taking advantage of the weak... That's human nature. As proof, look at any country that doesn't have a well trained and supervised law enforcement officers who also do not have a strong moral compass.

Old 10-28-2019, 05:37 AM

15,665 posts, read 10,441,838 times
during the second step presidential justice forum at a historically black college on Saturday, Biden was asked by a black woman in the audience, “If I were your daughter, what advice would you give me the next time I am stopped by the police?” biden replied, “If you were my daughter, you’d be a Caucasian girl and you wouldn’t be pulled over”.

this democratic party presidential candidate stated police are racists.

Bernie Sanders was also at the event, and was asked by a black man, "If I'm your son, what advice would you give me next time I'm pulled over by a police officer?" sanders replied, "I would respect what they are doing so that you don't get shot in the back of the head, but I would also be very mindful of the fact that as a nation, we have got to hold police officers accountable for the actions that they commit".

this democratic party presidential candidate said police are racists.

Cops put their lives on the line on a daily basis to protect the public, yet, democrat leaders biden and bernie are actively inciting hatred for police, which is crazy and destructive.

Who would choose a career in law enforcement if faced with constant abuse by citizens, accusations that you are a racist and your job is within a racist institution, and democrat political leaders inciting hatred for you? no reasonable person would do it.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-28-2019 at 06:22 AM..

Old 10-28-2019, 05:52 AM

12,058 posts, read 6,606,268 times
I watched most of it last night and thought it was really well done.
But it was heart wrenching to see the disrespect, the lies, the character assassinations, and harassment the democrats have created toward these heroes who put themselves in harms way everyday.

Old 10-28-2019, 05:58 AM

45,296 posts, read 26,557,844 times
The real emergency is the police state we are are living in.

I'd say its far more dangerous to be around a cop than to be a cop. I'll also suggest being a cop should be more far more dangerous than it actually is.

When your job duties entail spending the day riding around enforcing the edicts of the polical class on people who are peacefully interacting, you should expect that sooner or later someone is going to take great offense at the attempts to forcibly detain, kidnap, cage, rob, and assault them.
It should come as no surprise; the rates of domestic violence, substance abuse and suicide are greater for the govt cop than those of the average joe. Why do you suppose that is?
Most of us learn at an early age that lying,stealing and initiating violence against others is wrong, yet these are the main tools of the govt cop. The abhorrent personal behaviors of the govt cop are just an externalization of a guilty conscience.

So is it any wonder your local p.d. doesnt want intelligent, self-aware employees?
https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-cou...-a-cop/5420630

Old 10-28-2019, 07:11 AM

18,090 posts, read 27,546,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
during the second step presidential justice forum at a historically black college on Saturday, Biden was asked by a black woman in the audience, “If I were your daughter, what advice would you give me the next time I am stopped by the police?” biden replied, “If you were my daughter, you’d be a Caucasian girl and you wouldn’t be pulled over”.

this democratic party presidential candidate stated police are racists.

Bernie Sanders was also at the event, and was asked by a black man, "If I'm your son, what advice would you give me next time I'm pulled over by a police officer?" sanders replied, "I would respect what they are doing so that you don't get shot in the back of the head, but I would also be very mindful of the fact that as a nation, we have got to hold police officers accountable for the actions that they commit".

this democratic party presidential candidate said police are racists.

Cops put their lives on the line on a daily basis to protect the public, yet, democrat leaders biden and bernie are actively inciting hatred for police, which is crazy and destructive.

Who would choose a career in law enforcement if faced with constant abuse by citizens, accusations that you are a racist and your job is within a racist institution, and democrat political leaders inciting hatred for you? no reasonable person would do it.
Thank you for your observations.

I had these instances in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I watched most of it last night and thought it was really well done.
But it was heart wrenching to see the disrespect, the lies, the character assassinations, and harassment the democrats have created toward these heroes who put themselves in harms way everyday.
Thank you for your contribution and I concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The real emergency is the police state we are are living in.

I'd say its far more dangerous to be around a cop than to be a cop. I'll also suggest being a cop should be more far more dangerous than it actually is.

When your job duties entail spending the day riding around enforcing the edicts of the polical class on people who are peacefully interacting, you should expect that sooner or later someone is going to take great offense at the attempts to forcibly detain, kidnap, cage, rob, and assault them.
It should come as no surprise; the rates of domestic violence, substance abuse and suicide are greater for the govt cop than those of the average joe. Why do you suppose that is?
Most of us learn at an early age that lying,stealing and initiating violence against others is wrong, yet these are the main tools of the govt cop. The abhorrent personal behaviors of the govt cop are just an externalization of a guilty conscience.

So is it any wonder your local p.d. doesnt want intelligent, self-aware employees?
https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-cou...-a-cop/5420630
This is the same garbage and false narrative that Black Lies Murder and Pigs In a Blanket Fry Them Like Bacon and Ferguson are based on. You are true to your democrat disgustingly false narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This is an oxymoron.

Harris Faulkner, a gorgeous Black American woman and United States of American Military brat, tell that to her face. She'd bruise your raisins.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-28-2019 at 07:54 AM..

Old 10-28-2019, 07:46 AM

45,296 posts, read 26,557,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thank you for your observations.

I had these instances in mind.

Thank you for your contribution and I concur.

This is the same garbage and false narrative that Black Lies Murder and Pigs In a Blanket Fry Them Like Bacon and Ferguson are based on. You are true to your democrat disgustingly false narrative.

You got me, self-hating white elitist liberal that I am

Old 10-28-2019, 07:47 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,104,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Great program on Fox News today.
This is an oxymoron.

Old 10-28-2019, 11:44 AM

19,747 posts, read 10,184,763 times
I remember her as a news anchor in KC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies