Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 05:04 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why can't we get some of the pizza pie too?
Why does Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump have to eat all the pie and leave just crumbs for the rest of us?

They think very much in terms of a zero-sum game, and Trump in particular thinks in terms of winner-loser, with situations where he's the only winner.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:10 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Why can't we get some of the pizza pie too?

Why does Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump have to eat all the pie and leave just crumbs for the rest of us?
Why don't you open your own Pizza shop? Then you can eat as much as you like. Hahaha

Why do they have to share with you or anyone else? Why don't you start a business and do what you demand they should do?

Open a Pizza shop. Pay the help $15 plus an hour. 4 weeks paid vacation to start. 1 year paid maternity leave. Offer a pension plan, medical insurance and dental.

It all sounds so easy. Nothing to it but to do it. I wonder how much your Pizza will cost per slice? I wonder how many of your fellows on the left will only buy from you because you are doing the right thing?

Old 11-04-2019, 05:35 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Why don't you open your own Pizza shop? Then you can eat as much as you like. Hahaha

Why do they have to share with you or anyone else? Why don't you start a business and do what you demand they should do?

Open a Pizza shop. Pay the help $15 plus an hour. 4 weeks paid vacation to start. 1 year paid maternity leave. Offer a pension plan, medical insurance and dental.

It all sounds so easy. Nothing to it but to do it. I wonder how much your Pizza will cost per slice? I wonder how many of your fellows on the left will only buy from you because you are doing the right thing?
easier to whine

Old 11-04-2019, 06:12 PM

1,074 posts, read 949,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
What in the actual hell are all of you talking about?
What the hell I am talking about is businesses are doing well, yes, which is good.

American enterprise has fueled American prosperity.

However, why are wages still stagnant?

Huh?

That is what I am talking about.

American wages have not been growing.

They are plenty of jobs, but not good wages.

The Republicans talk a good talk about job growth and business, but what about the DAMN wages?

Why can't employees share in that?

Old 11-04-2019, 06:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
The thugs in school wanted to “share my lunch” they of course brought nothing so “sharing” just meant taking my sandwich

Old 11-04-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Can you please explain what you are getting at in this thread? What do you believe that the President and Senator McConnell are "not sharing" with you? Please explain.

If this is about the economy, then everybody, including you, benefits from this. All I've heard left-wingers do is either complain or deny that our economy is the greatest in five decades. And it is.

Please explain yourself.

What I am talking about is the the stagnant wages.

Why aren't the employers raising wages?

That is my problem.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
New Survey today shows that 2/3rd of Americans don't feel like they got a bigger slice since The Don took over as Godfather.

"Nearly two-thirds of US voters say Trump has not made them better off
FT-Peterson poll casts doubt on whether economic arguments will boost president’s campaign"

Where's my Cheese?

https://www.ft.com/content/ce7e9f7c-...4-36acbbb0d9b6

Old 11-04-2019, 06:21 PM

Also, I am paraphrasing what leftwingers say about sharing.

There is nothing wrong with sharing, but employers should share the prosperity in terms of wages.

Pay your workers better.

Also, I have different views on certain things. I am a moderate.

I don't like the far left or the far right.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:20 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Also, I am paraphrasing what leftwingers say about sharing.

There is nothing wrong with sharing, but employers should share the prosperity in terms of wages.

Pay your workers better.

Also, I have different views on certain things. I am a moderate.

I don't like the far left or the far right.
So start a business and set the industry standard. If a burger flipper averages $8 an hour make it $12 in your shop. Then include a benefits package, paid vacation, 401K and paid maternity.

It's easy when you demand it of others, not so much when it is you.

Old 11-05-2019, 02:04 AM

513 posts, read 541,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Maybe this guy will give you some pizza.

"Former United States President Barack Obama believes that ballooning wealth inequality is a threat to society, and that those who have the means should help those who are less fortunate.

“Right now I’m actually surprised by how much money I got,” the 44th President said in his address to more than 10,000 people gathered in Johannesburg, South Africa, on Tuesday. “There’s only so much you can eat. There’s only so big a house you can have. There’s only so many nice trips you can take. I mean, it’s enough.”

The Obamas made more than $20 million between 2005 and 2016 thanks in large part to two lucrative book deals, according to an analysis by Forbes.

Wealthy people should give money to those who are less fortunate, Obama said in the speech, which was his highest-profile appearance since leaving office."

Really???

Then I expect that property in Martha's Vineyard they just purchased for what, 15 million, and that oceanfront property in Hawaii to be listed for sale IMMEDIATELY.

All proceeds to go to "the poor".

Since - according to Barry - he "doesn't need it", right??

YOU FIRST - the two most frightening words to an ideologue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies