Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 07:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why can't we get some of the pizza pie too?

Why does Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump have to eat all the pie and leave just crumbs for the rest of us?
Simply because far too many of the rest of us act like deadbeats born thinking the world owes them a living from cradle to grave. They are too dead ass lazy to carry their own weight for society. Along with the illegal aliens they are seen as hardly worthy of any crumbs.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Trump is trying to let the rest of us have some of the pizza pie by trying prevent illegals and foreigners coming in and eating our lunch and China from taking all our work. What are the democrats doing besides giving our pizza away to others?
But when are Republican employers going to quit hiring illegals? Will it simply continue as long as Democrats are sympathetic, if not, fully agreeable to what those Republicans employers are doing? I wonder if Trump hires illegals at his resorts.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:21 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Seems to me that I made due and got my share of the Pizza. Then again I made myself valuable to my employer so that I got promoted. On top of this I developed skills that I could market as a second source of income.
No college degree, just a dirt poor farm boy. If I can do it, I would guess most everybody else can too.

Heavy equipment Mechanics are always in demand. Electricians and Plumbers, welders etc. I worked in a factory for 27 years, on the side I had a machine shop that did repairs on farm equipment, welding and fabrication. I retired at 55 because I wasn't lazy.

Those on the left will say, but, no fair, you had skills and a good job, we deserve what you have so you should have to pay more taxes. Never Great, can you teach a few kids your skills so that they can do what you did. I did in fact teach my son and he is earning more today than I did before retirement.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:26 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But when are Republican employers going to quit hiring illegals? Will it simply continue as long as Democrats are sympathetic, if not, fully agreeable to what those Republicans employers are doing? I wonder if Trump hires illegals at his resorts.
Trump likely does very little hiring personally. That's why he likely has an HR department.

I would guess thatDemodrats hire their fair share of illegals as well. After all they are always defending illegals. 13+ million illegals. That is a lot of Republican businesses.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:35 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Seems to me that I made due and got my share of the Pizza. Then again I made myself valuable to my employer so that I got promoted. On top of this I developed skills that I could market as a second source of income.
No college degree, just a dirt poor farm boy. If I can do it, I would guess most everybody else can too.

Heavy equipment Mechanics are always in demand. Electricians and Plumbers, welders etc. I worked in a factory for 27 years, on the side I had a machine shop that did repairs on farm equipment, welding and fabrication. I retired at 55 because I wasn't lazy.

Those on the left will say, but, no fair, you had skills and a good job, we deserve what you have so you should have to pay more taxes. Never Great, can you teach a few kids your skills so that they can do what you did. I did in fact teach my son and he is earning more today than I did before retirement.
That sounds like a commercial for one of those shady for-profit technical schools.

“Do you want to make $100,000 without a college degree? A degree from Rectangle Tech will guarantee it. Just listen to one of our graduates: ‘I used to be a loser making minimum wage. Then I got a degree from Rectangle Tech, got hired as a plumber, and made enough money to retire at age 35!’”

Old 11-04-2019, 06:38 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

But all those jobs require you to get your hands dirty. The people without pizza want a job where you are required to wash your hands after going to the restroom, not before.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:40 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
That sounds like a commercial for one of those shady for-profit technical schools.

“Do you want to make $100,000 without a college degree? A degree from Rectangle Tech will guarantee it. Just listen to one of our graduates: ‘I used to be a loser making minimum wage. Then I got a degree from Rectangle Tech, got hired as a plumber, and made enough money to retire at age 35!’”
You don’t really have a clue.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:46 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

Why does a degree cost so much today. What party pretty much controls the education propaganda machine? I think we all know don't we.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:15 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,955,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Pizza is really bad for you...better off not eating it.
what are you some type of Commie? Pizza is America, New York Style anyway, not that subpar abomination that is Chicago Style Pizza. Now there is a true thing to discuss...

Old 11-04-2019, 07:18 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
what are you some type of Commie? Pizza is America, New York Style anyway, not that subpar abomination that is Chicago Style Pizza. Now there is a true thing to discuss...
Wait, I repped you until you dissed Chicago deep dish lol; I love both
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies