Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 03:20 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yes, though there's been a significant uptick in illegal Asian immigration at the southern border. Some people are blaming the "crackdown" on H1B visas. I seriously doubt that's the reason.
Could be, I don't know. Haven't heard about it though. Most Asians come here and over stay their visas that's how most of them become illegal.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:23 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Hercules View Post
This is ridiculous. I wouldn't say the majority hates immigrants. There is an outspoken minority that doesn't like them being here, but come on a majority? I need something to back this up. The fact that the polling of the 1965 immigration act shows that a majority of Americans didn't seek to dismiss entry to the US based on national origin should be evident. Most immigrants cluster in communities when they first get is because of familiarity, it's an easier and less overwhelming transition when you have others around you that speak your language. This has been a general rule with all immigrant groups immigrating to the US. Once the second and third generation becomes more integrated into the social fabric then they start to move out of these communities. Stop over simplifying stuff. Society is progressing and people are getting less prejudiced, don't let the over the top news stories fool you.
I'm sure the poster you are replying to meant illegal aliens are hated not legal immigrants. They do like to blur those lines, don't they? It's not hate anyway it's opposition to them for coming here illegally and that includes bogus asylum seekers which most of them are. They like to use strong words like "hate" though as it fits their pro-illegal agenda.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:27 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,472,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Could be, I don't know. Haven't heard about it though. Most Asians come here and over stay their visas that's how most of them become illegal.
Most do but many crossing over the border as well.

"ICE has been increasingly releasing non-Spanish speaking migrant families from faraway countries, most notably from India, China and the former Soviet Union. They were released after arriving at the border without documents after traveling from the opposite side of the globe, possibly with the help of international smuggling rings."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ts/4073883002/

Old 11-22-2019, 02:37 PM

10,492 posts, read 4,057,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
People in the other white majority nations have single payer health care and decent gun control. Why would they want to come here?
Funny, my family migrated from Germany because they wanted the freedom to own a gun, and the health care systems over there are great for simple things like colds or broken bones, but when it comes to serious diseases, cancers and other major medical problems, people come to the USA because we still have far better medical advances than anywhere else in the world.

Old 11-23-2019, 08:30 PM
nng

695 posts, read 289,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Will the US see an uptick in European/Caucasian Immigration?

This was inspired by the tread "Will Asian American immigration (like Hispanics did in the 2000s) peak/slow soon?"

Europe was the main sources of immigration up until the mid 20th Century but has continued to decline since then.

Western Europe:

Overall has a much higher standing of living than the US. There is some right wing hysteria about Europe collapsing in the future but still the US is less of a desirable location to immigrate to except for a handful of wealthy people who want to avoid the higher taxes.

Eastern Europe/Russia:

The overall quality of life has increased in those places and immigration has declined since the modest wave after the fall of Communism.

Israel:

Israel has a fairly high quality of life but that region is unpredictable.

South Africa:

A lot of Whites are looking to leave but Australia seems to be the main destination of choice.

Canada:

Overall higher quality of life but Canada is actually one of the largest sources of White immigration to the US.

Latin America:

Mostly tied to political upheaval where the White elites leave after leftist uprisings. Was the case in Cuba after the Communist revolution. In the recent case with Venezuela a handful have gone to Miami but most have gone to other Latin American Countries such as Brazil and Chile.
I don't think it's wrong to want more Europeans to come to this country. I don't understand why racial diversity is considered the ideal by some or the default position (I'm Asian) and I think I'd be nice to have whites from beautiful decent countries like Germany or France to come here (I personally am friends with the children of two German immigrants; these Germans are wonderful, nice people!!) I think this way; I don't think it's necessarily wrong to prefer a homogenous society over a racially diverse one. But I think wanting to harm non whites or deport non white citizens just because they are non white is wrong. I was reading this post by some non white
Person about the kalergi plan to destroy Europe. I personally am not opposed to whites who want to preserve whiteness or the white race; whites are a beautiful race ( I can see why that whites don't want to see the white race diluted through racial mixing) as long as a white nationalist isn't throwing bricks through my window because of me being a racial minority then I could care less about a white nationalists holding certain opinions. It's sad that just by being opposed to illegal immigration US citizens are being labeled xenophobic, intolerant bigots.. sad!!! What happened to the rule of law and doing things the right way???

Old 11-24-2019, 07:29 AM

50,371 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, they have constitutions too.
One that has the RIGHT to own firearms? Free speech? All those ours has.

Old 11-24-2019, 01:19 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,386,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The race of immigrants doesn't matter.
Of course, it matters. Different races differ in productivity and, as a result, in political preferences.

Old 11-24-2019, 01:20 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,386,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
riiiiiiiight...

Bold must be the reason why so many from third world countries just love to come to the U.S.
Good point. They're safe from "racism" in their home countries but flock here anyway.

Old 11-24-2019, 01:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,692,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Funny, my family migrated from Germany because they wanted the freedom to own a gun, and the health care systems over there are great for simple things like colds or broken bones, but when it comes to serious diseases, cancers and other major medical problems, people come to the USA because we still have far better medical advances than anywhere else in the world.
Funny because despite spending almost 2X what Germany does per person per year, we have 10's of millions not covered and a shorter lifespan.

Statistics are a be-itch. Anecdotes, tho, can explain anything and everything. But when you are talking over an entire population, life span is really the only way to measure whether a medical system is doing well....that, compared to $$.

Old 11-24-2019, 01:29 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,733,776 times
In general, immigration occurs when people want to go to a country where they will have more opportunity and more freedom, not less. So no... Europeans have very little reason to immigrate here in large numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies