Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 05:57 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times

Advertisements

Trump apparently invented his own soundtrack.

The ‘Whimpering’ Terrorist Only Trump Seems to Have Heard
No evidence found to support Trump's 'whimpering terrorist' account of Baghdadi killing

Peter Baker and Eric Schmitt

In the days since President Trump gave the world a graphic account of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s last minutes, no evidence has emerged to confirm it. The secretary of defense, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the regional commander who oversaw the operation that killed the leader of the Islamic State all say they have no idea what the president was talking about... That Mr. Trump seems to have made up the scene of a whimpering terrorist may be shocking on one level yet not all that surprising from a president who over the years has made a habit of inventing people who do not exist and events that did not happen.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/01/u...-baghdadi.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9182026.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 06:00 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,799,670 times
nytimes.com....fake news
independentuk.com......really...?

Even if he did (unlikely), why the heck would you care? Do you not have a life? Go have a beer or something......I'll buy.....

Old 11-04-2019, 06:03 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
nytimes.com....fake news
independentuk.com......really...?

Even if he did (unlikely), why the heck would you care? Do you not have a life? Go have a beer or something......I'll buy.....
And you're saying that everyone who was interviewed, like the Secretary of Defense and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff - that's all "fake" too? As to caring, perhaps you were bought up with the idea of it being fine with higher-ups lying, but I don't think that's the case with most people.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:05 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,799,670 times
Once again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post

why the heck would you care? Do you not have a life? Go have a beer or something......I'll buy.......

Old 11-04-2019, 06:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
He made it up of course. Let's not beat around the bush. His following calls it hyperbole, embellishment, yada yada.

But it is plain and simple dishonesty. Donald Trump basically says whatever he wants and doesn't worry about its relationship with the truth or facts. The guy lives in the fantasy world that is his head.

Not one of the principles or military honchos involved in the raid heard it--nobody heard or could have heard anyone whimpering, and the guys who were actually in charge of the operation admitted as much.

Trump made it up like he makes up everything. The guy would not know the truth if it bit him on the butt.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:14 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Who. Cares. Seriously, why do you care? The SOB is dead, and that’s what matters.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:22 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Who. Cares. Seriously, why do you care? The SOB is dead, and that’s what matters.
There is a new societal sub-group- the literalists. They take everything literally and can't understand nuance, humor, and/or read between the lines- regardless of political affiliation.

This is exactly why comedians like Dave Chappelle are coming after them..

Old 11-04-2019, 06:26 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
This is the President of the US lying. I think it is shameful to have a President who lies to the populace. What would you think if your kids lied to you? Or your doctor? Or spouse? None of those are OK with me, so why would it be OK for the Prez to lie?

Old 11-04-2019, 06:38 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
This is the President of the US lying. I think it is shameful to have a President who lies to the populace. What would you think if your kids lied to you? Or your doctor? Or spouse? None of those are OK with me, so why would it be OK for the Prez to lie?
There are people who are story tellers, I am related to some of them. They can’t seem to help it, they exaggerate and stretch stories out in order to make them more entertaining or spellbinding. My second son, like a number of his uncles and great uncles, always spun stories. He wasn’t maliciously lying, he just wanted to keep your attention on what he was saying. Trump strikes me as doing the same thing. Probably not a great trait in a president, but it’s what made him successful on his TV show and what drives all those people to his rallies. It doesn’t make him evil.

Frankly, I think painting a picture of a simpering, sniveling terrorist who had tortured and killed on a mass level is just fine and gives wannabes something unpleasant to think about.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:40 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
There are people who are story tellers, I am related to some of them. They can’t seem to help it, they exaggerate and stretch stories out in order to make them more entertaining or spellbinding. My second son, like a number of his uncles and great uncles, always spun stories. He wasn’t maliciously lying, he just wanted to keep your attention on what he was saying. Trump strikes me as doing the same thing. Probably not a great trait in a president, but it’s what made him successful on his TV show and what drives all those people to his rallies. It doesn’t make him evil.

Frankly, I think painting a picture of a simpering, sniveling terrorist who had tortured and killed on a mass level is just fine and gives wannabes something unpleasant to think about.

Uh huh. I’m sure a person who detonated a suicide vest was a whimpering sniveling mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies