Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 04:22 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It's great when Leftists applaud people losing jobs, and companies going under. It's not just the CEO that loses his job, it is the rest of the workers, who have homes, kids in college, illnesses, and other responsibilities. It is so revealing about the true heartlessness of many liberal/progressives. Maybe people will cheer when you lose your job and face financial hardship. I know I won't.

Such compassion liberal/progressives (Democrats) have for their fellow man.
Whose happy about that ?? All we said is mR T lied to them and they praised the man. No one is happy these folks are loosing their livelihood. stop twisting things already !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 04:24 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It's great when Leftists applaud people losing jobs, and companies going under. It's not just the CEO that loses his job, it is the rest of the workers, who have homes, kids in college, illnesses, and other responsibilities. It is so revealing about the true heartlessness of many liberal/progressives. Maybe people will cheer when you lose your job and face financial hardship. I know I won't.

Such compassion liberal/progressives (Democrats) have for their fellow man.
As for Murray himself, it has been established by the courts that it's perfectly fine to categorize him as "a geriatric Dr. Evil", and I say it fits nicely. I don't give two hoots what happens to him.

And it is in fact sad to see companies go under. But coal was dying no matter what, and telling the miners that it was a situation that could be turned around, for political gain - that was cruel. Giving people false hope isn't nice.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
A few days ago MurrayEnergy, the nation's largest coal miner, declared bankruptcy putting thousands out of work including the CEO who did interviews back in '16 about how great Trump was going to be for the industry. As we all know now, Trump's promises about coal were as empty as all the rest.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/...g.cnn-business

Democrats love to see and cheer business failures in America. 1000s lose their jobs and they don't care. This is prime example of it.

And they wonder why most of the USA is Red these days.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:31 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Democrats love to see and cheer business failures in America. 1000s lose their jobs and they don't care. This is prime example of it.

Oh, there you are. Funny, I was just looking at the old thread where you vigorously defended Murray suing HBO for saying mean things.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:35 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:

Funny that these Democrats who love to cheer business failures are running the most successful businesses in this country.

While the Republicans who, I guess, love to cheer business success are always bankrupting companies. The last two Republican presidents have bankrupted around 13 companies combined, am I right?

Old 11-07-2019, 05:05 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:

Let me ask you this simple question. How does me not caring about the coal country idiots losing their jobs after voting for Trump affect anything? Or is this one of those thoughts and prayers things that idiots believe will affect anything?

I can feel anything I want to feel. It has zero effect on how the world runs. Stop pretending like I have any control over how coal idiots got conned by trumpelthinskin into believing he or anyone could bring coal back.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Humans. Comforting lies will always be better received than unpleasant facts.
So true. He flat out lied to the people of WV. They were true believers. In fact, WV has not prospered under Trump at ALL ~ but they will vote for him again so it gets harder and harder to feel sorry for them.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:30 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So true. He flat out lied to the people of WV. They were true believers. In fact, WV has not prospered under Trump at ALL ~ but they will vote for him again so it gets harder and harder to feel sorry for them.
There were some huge shifts in the numbers who voted for Trump and those who voted for Beshear in eastern KY coal country on Tuesday. 60% in one county IIRC. The KY vote is muddled though - was it anti_trump or anti-bevin or both? Bevin wanted to cut Medicaid that they will be needing with continuing loss of their jobs. In any case, it does seem that people in these areas consistently vote against their own economic interests in elections. For generations they voted Democratic, but when the Republicans went anti-civil rights act it all reversed. Makes you wonder what really motivates voters.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:39 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
A few days ago MurrayEnergy, the nation's largest coal miner, declared bankruptcy putting thousands out of work including the CEO who did interviews back in '16 about how great Trump was going to be for the industry. As we all know now, Trump's promises about coal were as empty as all the rest.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/...g.cnn-business
Because of fracking creating an abundance of cheap, clean burning natural gas, and because of the way train companies have been trying to scalp those companies buying coal, and because no one in the energy sector wants to build coal power plants anymore, the industry is seeing changes.

Something has to give, when we output this much natural gas.

Coal exports have increased under Trump. The USA is just slowly deciding to move from coal. It's not Trump's fault.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:44 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
https://media.giphy.com/media/11DwE77cB1cP2E/200w_d.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies